Misc Has anyone attempted to abuse the Nintendo Zone streetpass relay?

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
My Main Router's IP is 192.168.1.1
*ethernet cable running from port 1 to WAN on second router​
My Second Router DD-WRT has a WAN IP of 192.168.1.99 and an internal of 192.168.1.100 (should this be 192.168.2.1?)
* Gateway and DNS are set to 192.168.1.1​
EDIT:​
Ok, I found this link (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Image:SetupBasic.png) from the DD-WRT site and I'm now able to connect to the net using the second router. Now let's see if I can get a streetpass.

Could you post the instructions on how you changed the MAC? It's not working for me.

Tane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The ssid NDS-Guest doesn't seem to be working.

I got a hit there myself. Worked for me and a few others. I've noticed that sometimes certain MACs won't get hits on them for me, and then a few hours later I'll cycle back to it - and get a hit.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I got a hit there myself. Worked for me and a few others. I've noticed that sometimes certain MACs won't get hits on them for me, and then a few hours later I'll cycle back to it - and get a hit.
I mean my 3DS won't see it as nzone.

JackO'Connor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone confirm this working with Wifi Tether 3.3 beta2 for Android? If it definitely works I'm gonna root my phone for this

Yeah, I've been using it since last night. Gotten 30-40 streetpass hits just going thru the mac list, every few minutes.
I have both profile/method set to generic, and turn Enable Access-Control on. When you first turn on the tether, and 3ds tries to connect, you'll get a notification of it. Just checkmark it, and it'll remember your 3ds' mac so you don't have to grant it access again.
I use the 'attwifi' ssd, as the app has trouble accepting '_The Cloud' since it doesn't accept spaces in the ssid.
After that, just enable it, wait a few moments for 3ds to connect and download the street pass data. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
I've noticed the upload/download bandwidth used was roughly between 50KB - 80KB for up/down depending on the streetpass profile size.
After the 3ds gets it, and blinks the rad green light, I turn off the tether, then wait a few minutes before going to next mac (so I don't spam them, and so theres less chance I'll get someone twice).

Edit:
All other settings on it are set to the defaults the app came with.

slatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Yeah, I've been using it since last night. Gotten 30-40 streetpass hits just going thru the mac list, every few minutes.
I have both profile/method set to generic, and turn Enable Access-Control on. When you first turn on the tether, and 3ds tries to connect, you'll get a notification of it. Just checkmark it, and it'll remember your 3ds' mac so you don't have to grant it access again.
I use the 'attwifi' ssd, as the app has trouble accepting '_The Cloud' since it doesn't accept spaces in the ssid.
After that, just enable it, wait a few moments for 3ds to connect and download the street pass data. Shouldn't take more than a few minutes.
I've noticed the upload/download bandwidth used was roughly between 50KB - 80KB for up/down depending on the streetpass profile size.
After the 3ds gets it, and blinks the rad green light, I turn off the tether, then wait a few minutes before going to next mac (so I don't spam them, and so theres less chance I'll get someone twice).

Edit:
All other settings on it are set to the defaults the app came with.

In which android version are you on? Which ROM? and what phone do you have? I have a Gnex maguro with Rootbox 4.2.2 and I haven't been able to make it work :s

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
Can't get dd-wrt to spoof the MAC address even using the instructions provided. I change it but on the start page of dd-wrt it shows the previous MAC, not the spoofed one.

JackO'Connor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In which android version are you on? Which ROM? and what phone do you have? I have a Gnex maguro with Rootbox 4.2.2 and I haven't been able to make it work :s

I'm using a Galaxy S3 (i535, Verizon), stock rom just rooted/unlocked v4.1.2 .
At first I tried one directly from play store, which didn't work. Then switched to beta2, and it worked from there.
I don't have any security options on, other than Access Control. And my other wireless devices (nexus 7) can see the 'attwifi' ssid.
Did you give it superuser access?
I've read in the past, from other people who tried tethering, that their carrier would actually block it even if phone was rooted. I don't know if that has changed since then, or if it applies to yours or anything.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I've got a GNex (Toro) on JDX 15.0 (which is android 4.3) and I can't get it to work either. I've tried every setting in the damned app and I haven't got jack to show for it :\
I'm ready to just go about it through the android terminal/adb shell but I don't know the commands well enough to pull it off, or if I can even do that...
Ed: using the 3.4 experimental apk from googlecode, btw.

Ok, specifically, the problem I had was that regardless of what I set the fake MAC to, the app would just set it to some random MAC.
I could get it to work, but no other MACs. Guessing the app needs updated further.

katsup

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a Galaxy S4 GT-I9505, couldn't get android-wifi-tether to work and the MAC Changer by neocrux seems to not work on it as well, I supoose that this one uses another file to load the MAC Address.
Using: 4.2.2 Stock ZTO region - I9505VJUBMG3 with ChainFire root method.

slatis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I'm using a Galaxy S3 (i535, Verizon), stock rom just rooted/unlocked v4.1.2 .
At first I tried one directly from play store, which didn't work. Then switched to beta2, and it worked from there.
I don't have any security options on, other than Access Control. And my other wireless devices (nexus 7) can see the 'attwifi' ssid.
Did you give it superuser access?
I've read in the past, from other people who tried tethering, that their carrier would actually block it even if phone was rooted. I don't know if that has changed since then, or if it applies to yours or anything.

Yes of course I did it; but got no luck with it.

I've got a GNex (Toro) on JDX 15.0 (which is android 4.3) and I can't get it to work either. I've tried every setting in the damned app and I haven't got jack to show for it :\
I'm ready to just go about it through the android terminal/adb shell but I don't know the commands well enough to pull it off, or if I can even do that...
Ed: using the 3.4 experimental apk from googlecode, btw.

I think it is a problem with versions <4.2.1; I was able to activate tether activating the option WiFi-Driver Reload #1; but it seems that it isn't spoofing the mac address 'cause I've been waiting for 20 mins and got no street pass yet.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I can pretty much confirm ssid does matter. I couldn't get a hit if I use Bestbuy but on the same mac I got a hit if I use attwifi.

Reactions: clarky

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one