Has a videogame ever made you cry?

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tsukihime made me cry like a goddamn little girl. Just thinking about it makes me tear up a little. It was the song, the song that plays during the really touching scenes, like Hisui's True, and Akiha's True... aw damnit, I'm gonna bawwwwwwwwwww again... ;_;

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Closest I've ever gotten to something like that is if a villain in a game does something that is kinda like a virtual kick to the shin. Like at the start of Mass Effect when Saren keeps mocking you and your entire human race, then gets away with no punishment. You just kinda stare at him and go "Oh you mother f-...!"

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I never cry to fictional stories, although I'm a sucker for emotional plots (in movies as well in videogames). The closest I've ever been to crying was the movie Two Brothers (that was really one of the saddest movies ever - although I feel like such a misanthrope - I wasn't even moved by Titanic and other tragic movies with people in the main roles
tongue.gif
). Some videogames really had some sad moments, like You're the Inspiration stage in Elite Beat Agents, then there's Hotel Dusk, the end of Half Life 2: Episode Two (though it's more shocking than sad), the fourth case in Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, the third case in Phoenix Wright: Justice For All and the last case in Trials & Tribulations ... etc.

Extreme Coder

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Egypt
Tsukihime made me cry like a goddamn little girl. Just thinking about it makes me tear up a little. It was the song, the song that plays during the really touching scenes, like Hisui's True, and Akiha's True... aw damnit, I'm gonna bawwwwwwwwwww again... ;_;
That explains why your avatar is crying..
biggrin.gif

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

That explains why your avatar is crying..
biggrin.gif
LOL.
laugh.gif

Seriously, Tsukihime is sad as heck. Oh, right, Planetarian made me cry too. ;_; I'm a sucker for bittersweet stories.

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In a different thread, Urza reminded me of a game I cried at the end of.

Hey You Pikachu (N64)

Yes, it DOES have an ending sequence. Professor Oak tells you to release Pikachu back to the wild. Pikachu is really sad, and goes off into the bushes. The next day when you wake up, you find that Pikachu had come back. This was the saddest/happiest ending of a game for me.

Jaejae

Superfly Don't Used
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
I cried back when first got UT2004, I literally forgot to blink.
I did get sad in KHII when Sora leaves all Roxas' friends and he cries.

I have never cried due to emotion, only due to obsession/forgetting to blink.... lol.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nope none have ever made me cry

But many have made me curse like a sailor, throw remotes around the room, punch my monitor/tv and generally act like a stroppy 3 year old
laugh.gif

VBKirby

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
One of my Pokemon Pinball cartridges got destroyed by a hammer in anger. (This really did happen)

I have also broken a few Game boy Colours by punching them hard repeatedly. Specifically at Pokemon Pinball, and Kirby's Pinball Land. (I hate pinball games.)

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
One of my Pokemon Pinball cartridges got destroyed by a hammer in anger. (This really did happen)

I have also broken a few Game boy Colours by punching them hard repeatedly. Specifically at Pokemon Pinball, and Kirby's Pinball Land. (I hate pinball games.)
I'm not surprised. Pokemon Pinball can be a bitch sometimes. Well, most of the time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up