Hacking Hardbricked N3dS with B9S, is there a way to restore all my games and saves?

drickmel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hardbricked my N3DS with B9S due to messing up the insides. I am planning to buy a new N3DS. Will I be able to get all my games and saves if I transferred the sdcard to a new one?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I hardbricked my N3DS with B9S due to messing up the insides. I am planning to buy a new N3DS. Will I be able to get all my games and saves if I transferred the sdcard to a new one?
Did you backup your saves with Checkpoint and/or JKSM? → Easy restore

Else, in case your SD data is still intact and you have access to your movable.sed you can decrypt them (and re-encrypt for the new device).

Getting movable.sed:
  • The one you got from the bruteforce service if you used a *miner method for installing B9S should contain the key.
  • The embedded essentials.exefs in a NAND-backup created with GodMode9 contains movable.sed (gives the embedded version is up to date)
Use ninfs for accessing the data.

Good luck!

Reactions: Alexander1970

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Else, in case your SD data is still intact and you have access to your movable.sed you can decrypt them (and re-encrypt for the new device).

Getting movable.sed:
  • The one you got from the bruteforce service if you used a *miner method for installing B9S should contain the key.
  • The embedded essentials.exefs in a NAND-backup created with GodMode9 contains movable.sed (gives the embedded version is up to date)

Good luck!
The essentials.exefs should be stored on the SD card as well. That version might be more up to date.

drickmel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Getting movable.sed:

Good luck!

I did not sadly. just some.

I did not use the seedminer to hack my n3ds. Are there anything else i could do?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway