PS1/2 Hard drive in Fat Ps2 problem

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
if that is indeed true (50k having issues to detect hdd)
and he will have to do a low level format that takes 3 hours... which may not work...
damn, i would concideer to get a new ps2...

Actually, I should have better said that it looks like that *SOME* 50k has issues to detect the HDD - I read quite often people with such model has issues but I also know some other 50k owners that doesnt have... So it's not proven, just my personal experience.

Anyway, thanks for this info, i had created a thread asking for differences on different revisions. i will quote your post into my thread, and if you got more info about this matter, i would like to know, as i stated in my thread, there are plenty of ps2 revisions.. the ps1 got a wikipedia page with loads of info about the revisions (like laser issues)
https://gbatemp.net/threads/choosing-a-ps2-fat-revision-model.442288/
here if you wish to contribute with knowledge about ps2 revisions

I will give a look but TBH, Im not really versed into hardware, only know a few things. If you're really interested in such matters, you mignt want to look at PS2Ident tool made by SP193 : http://ichiba.geocities.jp/ysai187/PS2/PS2Ident.htm

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

2. Is the NA + dev9 port whats connects the network adapter to the ps2?

NA = network adapter
dev9 port : yep, it's what you said
You should clean both.

3. The ULE7WIP.ELF from uLE (u Launch Elf) WIP 7.Zip correct?

Yes, that's this one.

Reactions: itachigo and migles

itachigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After this, launch uLE and answer these questions (check each in order) :
- doesn uLE detect your HDD ?

Yes! before and after formatting.

- can you see partitions in uLE HddManager ?

I see words on the right. they are written from top to bottom but says _mbr, _net, _system, _sysconf _common, _boot

- can your hear it spinning ?

Yes! When using a program/elf that's using HDD. The ps2 gets louder then usual.

Also. When I power off or restart the ps2, then try to see the partition is in HddManager, it isn't there anymore. Hdd status says

"Connected: YES / Formated: NO"

itachigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit : I misread your post, sorry.

According to your report, a pin maight be broken. It's either on the NA or on the dev9 post. Take a close look at them.

It doesn't look like it; at least I can't tell. Thank you ShaolinAssassin for helping. I'm Just going to get another one.

By the way, is there a way to tell if my ps2 is modded with a chip with out dissembling my ps2? For instances, after formatting my hard drive with WinHIIP using the 48bit settings, I will then put it into my ps2 and turn it on. I'll let the menu load. then I'll turn it off. after, I'll hook it back into the pc and see what WinHIIP says. It will read "ToxicOS [STD]." Is this suppose to happen?

ShaolinAssassin

Trophies
XP
Country
France
By the way, is there a way to tell if my ps2 is modded with a chip with out dissembling my ps2?

Nope - at least, I know no other way.

For instances, after formatting my hard drive with WinHIIP using the 48bit settings, I will then put it into my ps2 and turn it on. I'll let the menu load. then I'll turn it off. after, I'll hook it back into the pc and see what WinHIIP says. It will read "ToxicOS [STD]." Is this suppose to happen?

Cant tell, never used WinHiip much.

Reactions: itachigo

itachigo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update! Not necessary a solution, but I manage to get this working by replacing my PS2. If anyone having this problem, it might be your ps2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @Sicklyboy, how much did you spend? Saw it on sale for $35 yesterday tempted to grab another one