• Views 5,918
  • Replies 83

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Actually, that's not true. Blood is forbidden in Halal meat. And by the way, funny thing is that Muslims are also 'allowed' by their religion to eat kosher meat, since it's basically exactly the same. Anyways, my mother is Muslim and doesn't care about if her meat is halal or not, as long as it's not pork :P

The only exception for Kosher is the existence of alcohol.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok, i feel like there's a crapload of double standards all over this thread.

yes, bleeding out an animal does take a minute longer than say, bolting or beheading them. and personally, i'm all for numbing the animals first through electric shock or whatever technical advancements manages to come up with too.

but that doesn't exactly turn the other 9-24 months of a for-consumption-animals life into a non-barbaric heaven.

if you're the average meat consumer, you've got no reason to pat yourself on the back for avoiding halal/kosher meat due to the animals well-being.
the meat industry creates affordable meat literally only because the term well-being is getting stretched beyond all reason (remember that one thing with the pigs that can never turn around in their holding units?).

if animals were being treated in a way that resembles their natural way of living across the board, you'd have meat maybe twice a month.

and if you're still fine with meat as it is, it really makes no difference anymore if you add another unhappy minute to the process. at least on an objective level.
of curse, subjective, i can totally understand anyone who's saying that this is the straw that breaks the camels back. but you still have no right to call animal well-being.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

yes, bleeding out an animal does take a minute longer than say, bolting or beheading them. and personally, i'm all for numbing the animals first through electric shock or whatever technical advancements manages to come up with too.

but that doesn't exactly turn the other 9-24 months of a for-consumption-animals life into a non-barbaric heaven.

if you're the average meat consumer, you've got no reason to pat yourself on the back for avoiding halal/kosher meat due to the animals well-being.
the meat industry creates affordable meat literally only because the term well-being is getting stretched beyond all reason (remember that one thing with the pigs that can never turn around in their holding units?).

if animals were being treated in a way that resembles their natural way of living across the board, you'd have meat maybe twice a month.

and if you're still fine with meat as it is, it really makes no difference anymore if you add another unhappy minute to the process. at least on an objective level.
of curse, subjective, i can totally understand anyone who's saying that this is the straw that breaks the camels back. but you still have no right to call animal well-being.

I agree, the way animals are basically grown like crop to be harvested makes me sick to stomach. For 5 years now I've eaten only animals that have lived completely free lives and I implore those who truly care about animals to do the same.
I don't believe veganism is the right way to go as it just isn't natural. But, I think it could certainly help in the short term.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Veganism is cancer, because a great majority of Vegans are SJWs who wants to make veganism a standard for the human species, saying bleh animal rights bleh. While I now acknowledge that veganism is viable as a diet, it's still pretty dangerous if done w/o caring, given the amount of precise/rare food you have to eat to compensate for the lack of meat/fish/milk/anything. I'm sure there are vegans out there who have this diet for various reasons and don't hate on non-vegans and don't bother everyone with veganism. Personnaly I'm neither vegan nor vegetarian, mainly because and like meat :P

D

Deleted User

OP
Entirely against religion, but Islam the most. I don't even eat out of the cheapest take-away in town because it's halal.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Entirely against religion, but Islam the most. I don't even eat out of the cheapest take-away in town because it's halal.

That's your choice. So, while you're wallowing in bigotry, I'll be having a delicious kebab.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
What has that got to do with suffering if it can avoided?
You don't get to actually see what happens to the animals and besides, if you're eating them then you can't really complain too much about how they're killed. They're killed one way or another. The whole point of meat market.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
oh look, insults. Feel free to call me a bigot because I won't accept the religion of child rape, driving trucks in crowds, and blowing up children during a concert.
Do you accept the religion of mass-murder? Most mass-murderers are Christian. Does that mean you avoid all Christmas and Easter stuff?

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Maybe in your country it does but not everywherr. Like i already said here in Belgium Halal finally got forbidden by law + animals aren't held in tiny spaces here but roam.countless fields since there are laws enough here that protects the dignity of animals. So yeah i'm giving myself a pat on thr back

Reactions: Quantumcat

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Halal and kosjer finally got forbidden by law here in Belgium and it's a damn time it did ! That it got forbidden is based on scientific studies that it takes ages for the animals to die and that they're in the most pain you can imagine while being butchered but ofcourse Muslims denied those scientific studies and are trying to appeal it in court and their claim already got denied multiple times by judges. Good riddance !

Not fully true:

From 2019 it will be by law forbidden to kill animals that are not anesthetized before slaughter ONLY in the Flemisch part of Belgium
This agreement came after talks with the Muslim executive and Jews (Jews are not happy, but they said will agree to follow this agreement in 2019, once the rulling goes into effect).

It will still be allowed in the French talking part of Belgium (Wallonie) cause Wallonie didn't agree with it.

Last edited by DjoeN,
Reactions: Madridi

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Not fully true:

From 2019 it will be by law forbidden to kill animals that are not anesthetized before slaughter ONLY in the Flemisch part of Belgium
This agreement came after talks with the Muslim executive and Jews (Jews are not happy, but they said will agree to follow this agreement in 2019, once the rulling goes into effect).

It will still be allowed in the French talking part of Belgium (Wallonie) cause Wallonie didn't agree with it.
Because the french always do stuff different then the flemish part does. We invest in clean water, green energy and the french don't. We invest in roads and the french don't. We invest in social housing and the french don't. The french part of belgium is well i don't consider that people of my country but that's a different subject alltogether. Belgium also got a million euro fine from europe because the waterplants aren't upgraded in the French part to filter out substances when ours got upgraded over 10 years ago. The french side is a totally different side

Last edited by kumikochan,

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Because the french always do stuff different then the flemish part does. We invest in clean water, green energy and the french don't. We invest in roads and the french don't. We invest in social housing and the french don't. The french part of belgium is well i don't consider that people of my country but that's a different subject alltogether. Belgium also got a million euro fine from europe because the waterplants aren't upgraded in the French part to filter out substances when ours got upgraded over 10 years ago. The french side is a totally different side
That's indeed another thing not to be discusses in here ;)
We know how it goes and who pays the bills :/ Still we are 1 country Flemish, French, German speaking, We are still united under 1 flag, thus speaking about Flemish laws for a whole country is still wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*