Halal and non-Halal meat

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 5,914
  • Replies 83
D

Deleted-355425

OP
You'll still eat the meat regardless of how the animal died so it doesn't matter.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Halal chicken tends to have blood so it's not just about slaughtering but rather that the procedure wasn't done properly as per their highness.

What has that got to do with suffering if it can avoided?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
It's a good thing vegetarians aren't that different from people who believe in religion. Always forcing their own belief on 2 someone else calling people names like murderers and such ;). It's a sad world where you can't meet that many vegetarians who respect you for the choice you make like meat eaters do with vegetarians. Oh well

This isn't about vegetarians judging non-vegetarians (which I think is nonsense). It's about meat eaters who claim their reason for avoiding halal meat is the way the animals were killed. It's ironic because they support killing off animals either way. I guess it's like an atheist thinks it's bad not to believe in religion and pretends to be religious even though he is not.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I'm atheist, but I don't have any problem buying halal OR kosher meat. As far as I understand it, it is a butchery technique involving blessing the animals and killing and cleaning them in specific manners. I live in a pretty diverse city (with both a Jewish and a Muslim population), and I can get both types of meat easily. Just yesterday, I picked up a package of chicken hot-dogs (not beef because I have a ton of beef in my fridge already) and they were labeled both halal and kosher.

As for prepping the meat? I tend not to clean it myself and I have a vacuum sealer at home. Right now I'm cooking a chuck roast (tough meat from a shoulder of a cow) in a sous vide method (eg. immersed in a 131 F bath for 36 hours). It's been 45 minutes and I love it already....

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not expert, but I'll state what's I know.

Of course halal meat will have blood uncooked. Any meat does. As for roasted chicken, the degree of the cooking doesn't constitute the way the meat is considered halal or not.

Besides the humane part of slaughtering the animal, the benefits from slaughtering in this way compared to let's say electicution, is that scientifically, the animal spreads in his moment of panic enzymes/hormones that are bad for human consumption. Blood also escapes the body of the terrified animal, usually results in less tenderness of the meat.

Semi-related information: Halal is an Arabic word, literally translates to "permitted" (contextually, permitted by god) that is synonymous with Islam. Judaism have more or less the same procedure (not sure if there is a single difference, but at the very least it's very similar). It's called Kosher

Kosher is nearly exactly the same. As in muslims can eat Kosher.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no point in buying halal. don't support that shit. yes it's no difference in the meat, but shouldn't support religion in any way.

No offence, but this is probably the most stupid statement I've ever heard on the Temp.

How in the hell are you supporting an ideology by buying meat?

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted-355425

OP
No offence, but this is probably the most stupid statement I've ever heard on the Temp.

How in the hell are you supporting an ideology by buying meat?

You are supporting religion if you buy halal meat as its killed in a particular way in the name of religion.

Last edited by ,

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You are supporting region if you buy halal meat as its killed in a particular way in the name of religion.

Lol that's just dumb. It is in the end just meat and no amount of killing will change that.
And it's not killed in the name of Islam, seeing as how Muslims could just as well eat Kosher.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
Why not just bless the tools to kill the animal out right painlessly and instantly? and no its not dumb its someone's point of view and belief just like all made up religions.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yup its slitting its throat to kill it, im not sure your point?

You can stun it before killing it. Halal meat slaughter was considered the most humane way of killing them before stunning came about. The quran says nothing about not stunning them.
Seeing as how stunning leaves the animal healthy and alive therefore not breaking any rules.
So to quote:
Q Are animals conscious when they are killed for halal slaughter?

For the majority, no. Between 84 and 90 per cent of animals killed for halal meat in the UK are processed by one of the large number of halal slaughterhouses which do use electric stunning beforehand.

Why not just bless the tools to kill the animal out right painlessly and instantly? and no its not dumb its someone's point of view and belief just like all made up regions.

Are you talking about religions or regions? You've made this "mistakes" enough times that I'm not too sure anymore.

Read the above post

D

Deleted-355425

OP
You can stun it before killing it. Halal meat slaughter was considered the most humane way of killing them before stunning came about. The quran says nothing about not stunning them.
Seeing as how stunning leaves the animal healthy and alive therefore not breaking any rules.
So to quote:

Are you talking about religions or regions? You've made this "mistakes" enough times that I'm not too sure anymore.

Read the above post

Those 14% aren't important eh?

D

Deleted-355425

OP
So to quote:

Read the above post

So to quote:

Read the above post

It was a spelling mistake, and its "These" not "this" if you are going to be a grammar cunt.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

If the majority are killed with stunning is that not the important thing?

But of course, a right winger like you always judges the majority based on the minority, right?

It was a spelling mistake, and its "These" not "this" if you are going to be a grammar cunt.

I was genuinely unsure.

D

Deleted-355425

OP
If you believe even a small amount of unnecessary suffering is 'ok' then you are not worth the waste of oxygen.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you believe even a small amount of unnecessary suffering is 'ok' then you are not worth the waste of oxygen.

If I can have a majority doing a good thing over the entirety doing the bad thing, then I think I'll live.
We don't live in a perfect world. Suffering will permeate as long as we exist.

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Actually, that's not true. Blood is forbidden in Halal meat. And by the way, funny thing is that Muslims are also 'allowed' by their religion to eat kosher meat, since it's basically exactly the same. Anyways, my mother is Muslim and doesn't care about if her meat is halal or not, as long as it's not pork :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM