About FOOD

Providen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I was watching cooking videos and saw an American making Tacos.
This thread is not a rant but rather a curiosity.

I'd like to ask you: What kind of food you'd like to try and which you'd definitely say NO?

As you can see in my avatar the Mexico flag below means that I'm Mexican.
And I've tried food that it could be considered taboo in other cultures.
For example:
Liver, Eyes, Tongue, Skin, Blood, Cartilage, Foot, Brains, Intestines, Insects such as Grasshopper, Stinkbugs and Worms.
These are ingredients easily found in street tacos and I've tried them all.
Mind you, when I refer to organs I'm talking about Cow, Pig, Chicken and Ram (what kept the animals alive should in theory maintain me alive... huh?), and obviously Fish (just the meat for the latter, if you've de-gutted fish you know how much of a hassle it is) and last but not least, Rabbit

I admit I'd like to try Rat, Snake and Gator meat.

I would probably never try Turtle because I happen to own 2 as pets, and definitely not trying Dog or Cat (neither Bat *giggles*)

So, what are your thoughts? What's the weirdest/tabooest food you've ever had?
What's something you'd like to try?
I would love to try some sort of steaks. Although, I can’t because I cut out meat from my diet years ago, when my parents kind of forced me to because of their beliefs and culture. I mean I am okey now with my decision, I don’t regret it in any way, but sometimes I have these cravings which I know I am not going to be able to try. Anyways, I’m happy at least that I have many option on my own. Most of the times, I like to use dietmenus.com, they have so many good options for vegetarian meals alongside other types of diets. You just need to select your preferences and then you get tailored options for you. It’s very convenient to use.

Last edited by Providen,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My ping times even lol