Gaming Hackintosh help

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can some help I know leopard os x has issues running on amd but i'm asking because I want to know if it will work with AMD Sempron and if your wondering "why is he asking that?" its because I have NEVER used or tried a mac or come upclose with one so I want to give it a spin
biggrin.gif
even if it won't work to well I atleast want to play around with the UI also what version of Leopard OS X should I use ex) Kalyway, iatkos, Zephyroth?

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find it, link please

Edit: Found it but my board is not on that list does that mean its untested?

superkrm

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Xcalibur said:
sjones900 said:
I can't find it, link please

Edit: Found it but my board is not on that list does that mean its untested?

no
it means it doesnt work

@Xcalibur
No, it only means it has not been tested. If it was in the incompatibility list, it means it does not work.
Please, try to be more helpful.

@sjones900 try checking the the incompatibility list

or you can try each iso and see which one works and add your info to the wiki depending on your results

rhyguy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not very easy to maintain an amd system, even if you install it

try posting your board model though on a dedicated site (leo4all.uni.cc) etc

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, Hackintosh will not work with ANY AMD processor, OSX is designed for Intel based hardware and can only be used on certain CPU models, mainly Core 2 Duo and Quad Core processors.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DSGamer64 said:
No, Hackintosh will not work with ANY AMD processor, OSX is designed for Intel based hardware and can only be used on certain CPU models, mainly Core 2 Duo and Quad Core processors.

Yes, it does actually. Just needs patching, I've done it on my AMD 4400+ x2. The patching is usually already done if you use one of the distros found on the net, it's just a matter of selecting the patch.

Here:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/HCL_10.5.2#AMD

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Kalyway but it froze at 6 min. remaining and where is the check box for MBR to GUID I couldn't find it.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sjones900 said:
I tried Kalyway but it froze at 6 min. remaining and where is the check box for MBR to GUID I couldn't find it.

GUID will lock it. You need to be in MBR, which should be in the partitioning area of the disk utility. I think it's GUID by default so you might need to change it, which is why your system is locking up because it's locking you out of the OS.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried looking for that but looking at screenshots and youtube vids the partition tool is only in Kalyway 10.5.1 but I have Kalyway 10.5.2 because it has patches for AMD processors so now what do I do?

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sjones900 said:
I tried looking for that but looking at screenshots and youtube vids the partition tool is only in Kalyway 10.5.1 but I have Kalyway 10.5.2 because it has patches for AMD processors so now what do I do?

When you get it to boot, go to Disk Utility under Utilities, then from there click on the disk that you're going to format. Once you click that, it should change the panel on the right with some options at the top. Click on Partition and select how you want to partition it, then click at the bottom and click Options, which will let you set GUID or MBR.

Jiggah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You need to make sure you're selecting the right patches, is all I can come up with. You shouldn't be selecting all the AMD patches if you don't need all of them.

sjones900

GBAtemp Advanced Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it doesn't have the patch for my processor because all I see are patches for AMD Athlon and not Sempron is there away that I can make my own patched disc if so where are the patches?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up