Hacking Hacking with 3DS Save DeEncrypter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.0 released by Blite to Decrypt and encrypt 3DS gamesaves. Windows GUI used so no need for console commands.

From Readme:
3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.0.exe by Blite

v1.0 -Works on all computers tested with so far, no issues with critical sections using MSVCR100.dll as it down't use it.

-Decryption places "DE AD BE EF" into decrypted file for easy tracking and re-encryption,
Tested on all games that i own and works. Encryption of files correctly binary compares with the origional encrypted file.

Upcoming
v1.1 -Save File info
-Conversion of decrypted files using 3DS Save DeEncrypter to those that 3DSaveTool will support.

Down the line
-CRC info in Save File info
-Specific game save information: currently working on: - Resident Evil Mercenaries

Updated Download - 3DS Save De/Encrypter v1.4

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Immortal_no1 said:
to Decrypt and encrypt 3DS gamesaves

I understand that the savegame's checksum is stored somewhere else and you cannot download the savegame, modify it, encrypt it, and put again on the cart - it will not be loaded.

What's the point of encryption then ?

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
pachura said:
Immortal_no1 said:
to Decrypt and encrypt 3DS gamesaves

I understand that the savegame's checksum is stored somewhere else and you cannot download the savegame, modify it, encrypt it, and put again on the cart - it will not be loaded.

What's the point of encryption then ?

Where does this understanding come from? did you find it in a post somewhere?

The keydata is the same every time for each game, it's just the contents of the save that changes. I have found areas that have the appearence f checksums however the starting and ending blocks for the checksums aren't known as well as the type of CRC used. It has been suggested that it uses a SHA-256 at points. If anyone has any feedback, reply to this...

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Update! 3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.1 released by Blite to Decrypt and encrypt 3DS gamesaves.

From Readme:
3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.1 by Blite

v1.1 -Conversion of decrypted files using 3DS Save DeEncrypter to those that 3DSaveTool will support

v1.0 -Works on all computers tested with so far, no issues with critical sections using MSVCR100.dll as it down't use it.

-Decryption places "DE AD BE EF" into decrypted file for easy tracking and re-encryption,
Tested on all games that i own and works. Encryption of files correctly binary compares with the origional encrypted file.

Upcoming
v1.2 -Save File info

Down the line
-Specific game save information: currently working on: - Resident Evil Mercenaries

Download 3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.1.zip

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Immortal_no1 said:
The keydata is the same every time for each game, it's just the contents of the save that changes. I have found areas that have the appearence f checksums however the starting and ending blocks for the checksums aren't known as well as the type of CRC used. It has been suggested that it uses a SHA-256 at points. If anyone has any feedback, reply to this...

Whether they are stored in savegames themselves or not, doesn't really matter. The point is that it is impossible NOW to e.g. change stats of your character or add some items, encrypt the savegame and re-upload it to the cart, as no one knows how to recalculate these checksums.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The hope is that someone can use these tools in order to help get to the point where a CRC can be generated from the data, you are correct that at this point we can't, but all we can do is hope.

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Immortal_no1 said:
Update! 3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.1 released by Blite to Decrypt and encrypt 3DS gamesaves.

From Readme:
3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.1 by Blite

v1.1 -Conversion of decrypted files using 3DS Save DeEncrypter to those that 3DSaveTool will support

Upcoming
v1.2 -Save File info

Down the line

Download 3DS Save DeEncrypter v1.1.zip

You should update your first post with the latest download link
rolleyes.gif

Interesting development by the way
yaynds.gif

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It does the same thing, it's not a wrapper. It was designed to be used on computers that don't work with crediar's tool, as is has issues on some systems creating critical section issues because of one of the DLL's. This is a windows application with interface as opposed to a console application.

Version 1.1 can convert the decrypted saves that 3DS Save De/Encrypter creates into the exact format that crediar's tool uses.

3DS Save De/Encrypter placemarks the areas which have no data with DE AD BE EF which should make it a little easier for those looking to tackle the CRC issues.

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
On the creating of the 3DS Save De/Encrypter; no cracking was done as the information used to create the application has been known for a little while now.

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 quetions, 1 what hardware do you need for this? like do you need that thing,i forgot the name of it, that lets you plug the ds cards into you usb on your pc? i thought it didnt read 3ds carts thouh?

and 2 will this be able to help with the new RE mercenaries 1 sav file thing? like could it let you backup your sav files and then delete it so you stat a new game and still have your old sa files backed up and be able to use them?

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
To answer your questions:

1. You need a EEPROM data reader, such as - NDS Adaptor Plus with version 3.02 software so it can read 3ds save data, or a NEO 3DS SMS2 adapter and related software to 'dump your save data.

2. Yes if you back up your Resident Evil Mercenaries Cartridge before playing it... once you complete it or want to sell it you can reflash the cartridge with the one you created earlier and it will be just like new. Or if you don't have the original save file, you can corrupt the save data "write a random byte pretty much anywhere in the *.sav file and flash that back, RE Mercenaries will say the save is corrupt and get you to reformat the cartridge. 'i believe'. And if you then decide not to sell it you can put back in your newer RE-mercenaries save and continue playing trying to get Wesker's alternate costume
smile.gif

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Unfortunately no.

Because this tool, like crediar's 3DS SaveTool can only decrypt the save file information. The milestone would be when the CRCs can be found and recalculated so a modified savefile can be flashed back onto the cartridge and played without a "This savegame is corrupt" message appearing.

Support in "3DS Save De/Encrypter" will be added to view the information in the save when relative game save information is found. (e.g. Scores, life, equipment etc..)

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried uploading untouched savegames from one 3DS to another ?

If it doesn't work, than either:
- the checksum is stored somewhere else, not in the savegame file
- 3DS' private (per-device) key is used for signing the savegame

Immortal_no1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have heard elsewhere that uploading someone else's save onto your card does work. If someone has a RE-Mercenaries, SF IV, Zelda; save they can post a link to in here, i can try that tonight. and confirm. Don't post any specifics about the save other than name of the save file and link. and i'll post back with confirmation. Preference goes to RE-Mercenaries as i love the game.

pokefan92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, scene it's going well... Maybe you guys think the thing I am gonna say is stupid, but it isn't such a strange theory. Nintendo did not sell as many units of 3DS as they thought, then they started a cut price and now have occured a lot of advances of the scene... Well, we'll see what happens at Console Hacking 2011 in the Chaos Communication Congress. I think that in christmas we will get a very good present
rolleyes.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
FireGrey said:
So is this a milestone for hacking the 3DS?

nope, this doesn't do anything and is really only useful for proper hackers who want to try and break the encryption on the 3ds save system, oh dear this is turning into the ps3 scene all over again.....it took over a year or more before anyone could do anything with the ps3 save files, good luck for whoever wants to use this,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated