My 3ds broke, how to put my RPG Maker FES save files in Citra?

Legendier

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My n3DS broke when RPG maker froze again, so I had to power off, it didn't power on beyond the blue light this time.
Luckily Luma dumped my boot9.bin and I have movable.sed, so it's easy using ninfs to mount the nintendo 3ds folder as A:\ .
So how do I go further, if I just copy and paste the title and extdata of RPG maker, the game won't load anymore (I played around, the (yet black) titlescreen freezes when initializing the save).
I don't know what to do with 3ds-save tool or DIFF-extract.py.
Is there anyway to fix this?
I'll upload my log file.

My Sister has also a n3DS that works, but that's about it.

I also read online that the 3DS is so fragile, a broken camera bricks it, worst design ever.

Edit: I just mailed NISAmerica and Kadokawa Games, it's their game.
doing db-extract.py gives Error: unknown magic
Transferring Minecraft worlds from a broken n3ds is probably just as impossible.
[ 2502.416462] Core <Error> C:/projects/threesd/src/core/file_sys/data/extdata.cpp:74:Init: Failed to load or decrypt VSXE
[ 8904.434621] Core <Error> C:/projects/threesd/src/core/file_sys/data/data_container.cpp:84:DataContainer: Unknown magic 0xe2bf6a44
[ 8986.707461] Core <Error> C:/projects/threesd/src/core/file_sys/data/data_container.cpp:84:DataContainer: Unknown magic 0xe2bf6a44
[/S

even if you make the sav file work on citra your going to run into a second problem. I assume most, if not all your games are set to edit can't. so you won't be able to edit your games afterwards.

Luckily I can fix both your problems for you if you send me your unedited extradata files file.

I can probably do the same with your minecraft game if you send that file as well

Last edited by Legendier,
Reactions: kevincrans

kevincrans

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Kwyjor < Thx, for being sharp, Yeah at first I just decrypted 1 file, but in the morning (now it's 18:30) I did all files and it indeed gave me different errors, so you're partially right because I'm past that.
3DS-master < Thank you for 1 letting me know there is a RPG FES Discord!
I'll check it out.
I sometimes think Citra, isn't decrypting already a lot?
I don't like judging, but I hope I can volunteer one day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.