Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

Fil o_O

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ok I think I got my hopes up too soon... It shows the gamechannels, however they cannot be launched. I was just checking the sd card and thought since there is the button START it wouldwork. But when I actually press START it tells me that the channel cannot be launched. Moving it back to Wii System memory doesn't work eigher. I have now just reinstalled the WAD using YAWMM. Looks like I can only have so many titles at a time.

EDIT PS: I have not installed any ios but those that are in the how-to that I followed in order to set up my vWii. I know it can be dangerous

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
its fine as long as you are certain its the correct ios then nothing will go wrong as far as im aware. personally i dont use it because i would just setup an emunand

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
(plz verify everything i say around these forums before going ahead with it). make a backup of your vwii nand with wiiflow or dumpmii i think was the other app. do it with a cleanly formatted sd card. then you have 2 methods

with your dumped vwii nand you can use

1.uneek+di OR
2.use your backedup nand and open it with showmii wads/nand and just install wads directly to it (but i dont no how good compatability is this way)

use the search bar because i dont want to search for links and pages but they should all be on this website and if this is too much for you to do then just look at installing the correct ios80 and then you will be able to move them to the sd card

https://gbatemp.net/threads/patched-ios80-installer-for-vwii-allows-sd-menu-custom-channels.344882/

Reactions: Fil o_O

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
He want to know if there will be an update for the hack because smahstack freeze for him.
or if waiting for wiiU kernel hack release will help him hack his console.
But I think he is trying to softmod vWii, so he is using smashhack and the "private" folder on SD card which contains the exploit.
But it freeze instead of launching hackmii installer.

To answer you :
No, waiting will not help.
There will be no update of the hack.
and if you want to wait for WiiU hack release, vWii and WiiU are separated.
WiiU hack will not help you hack vWii, and vWii softmod and homebrew will not hack WiiU.

If it freeze, you didn't follow the guide correctly.
Use the version of the "private" folder based on your situation : Do you already have a save for smash bros on your Wii / vWii, or no save file created?
don't use the "save version" if you didn't create a save.
and don't chose "let me create a save" when start playing for the first time if you want to use the "no save version" of the smashhack.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This needs to updated, instantly. The Wii U is hacked thanks to MrBean35000vr, Marionumber1, and NWPlayer123, it's just that there is no source out. On "Is there any kind of progress?" this should be a giant YES. Cafiine (something that has to do with the Kernel Exploit), has changed in game text and there is a MK8 Texture Hack. And were close to running backups.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This needs to updated, instantly. The Wii U is hacked thanks to MrBean35000vr, Marionumber1, and NWPlayer123, it's just that there is no source out. On "Is there any kind of progress?" this should be a giant YES. Cafiine (something that has to do with the Kernel Exploit), has changed in game text and there is a MK8 Texture Hack. And were (hopefully) close to running backups.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This needs to updated, instantly. The Wii U is hacked thanks to MrBean35000vr, Marionumber1, and NWPlayer123, it's just that there is no source out. On "Is there any kind of progress?" this should be a giant YES. Cafiine (something that has to do with the Kernel Exploit), has changed in game text and there is a MK8 Texture Hack. And were close to running backups.

Closeish

Edit: Don't quote yourself, use the "edit" button

Reactions: pelago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries