Burst Mode
OP
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
This guide may soon become obsolete..... Oh well.
nyanya.gif

eggsample

punahussy
Trophies
Website
eggsample.pl
XP
Country
Poland
SD root should looks like below:
files: _DS_MENU.DAT

folders:
TTMenu

files in TTMenu folder:

savlib.dat
extinfo.dat
infolib.dat
USRCHEAT.DAT
system.ank
system.fon
system.l2u
system.u2l
gbaframe.bmp
YSMenu1.bmp
YSMenu2.bmp
r4dldi.dat
r4patch.dat
ttreset.dat
YSMenu.ini

If You put dat files or other TTMenu files in the root you could not to run roms or there will be some problems like saving etc.

BMP files can be deleted, they are unnecessary.

What can be updated manually?:

USRCHEAT.DAT
http://filetrip.net/category.php?id=87

Ext Sav Info
http://filetrip.net/f10341-TTDS-EXT-INFO-S...eta-v-1-92.html

Read about files before upload for sd and run in r4ds. Remember to backup sav files and other before start testing new updated files.

crossfireas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Can someone PLEASE help me?

Well last year I used to use my R4 and played a lot of DS roms on it, using the R4 firmware from the official r4ds site, and even used YSMenu for a short period of time. I lost my 2GB MicroSD card near the end of last year, and I just replaced it with a new 4GB MicroSD card today. I tried all the firmwares on the SD card, and I'm always stuck on the "Loading" screen as I start up my DS. I followed all the steps on the thread starter's post, but I still get stuck on the Loading screen after starting up my DS. This seems to be because of the SD card? However it's the exact same card apart from the fact that it's 4GB, which I doubt has an effect on it. Someone help please?

flamingo24

Trophies
XP
Country
The problem is you are using a 4gb sdhc TF card on the original R4. The R4 only supports up to 2gb cards, unless you can find a 4gb non-sdhc card which in itself is out of spec and rare (I haven't come across one).

laxman0220

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
princeEyeless said:
sir/mam..it will be work on r4 sdhc clone??

QUOTEList of r4 clones that ysmenu DOES NOT work on:
1. R4 Neo.
2. R4 SDHC.
3. R4i Pro Gold.

it says that in the guide, right at the beginning....jeez...

Ryuushii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On step 7 where you're supposed to patch using the DLDI patcher, for some reason my DLDI file(r4tf.dldi) won't show up when I browse for it on my desktop. Is there any way I can fix this?
frown.gif

I'm using v0.32

lDopeboyl

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you just need, where it is
for example the file is on your desktop choose desktop ;P

i have the problem in step 28, i use R4 III Upgrade and the tut says, i need 2x _DS_MENU.DAT
did i understand it wrong or how i solve this? cause i cant have 2 files with the same name in the same folder/file

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
neoman68 said:
hey i need help. when i format the sd card, i cant use it anymore for my r4.. help?

you should create a new thread on the forum, not add to different topic. this isn't the right place for this type of question.

From http://gbatemp.net/t42846-the-definitive-r...mply-faq-thread -
Usage
Q) How do I set up the card?
A) Make sure your MicroSD card is visible in your operating system (via the supplied MicroSD card reader or SD card converter or other methods). Download the most recent firmware / kernel (R4 or M3s). Extract to the root of your MicroSD card (i.e. X:\ , where X is the MicroSD drive letter). Overwrite existing files if need be. Add ROMs to the root folder too. Insert MicroSD card into R4/M3s and boot up the Nintendo DS with the R4/M3s in slot1.

do not respond to this answer in this thread please. if you need additional help create a new thread!

mtzkotakgame

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i'm confuse here...

it's working fine... but i don't know how to upgrade it...

i found this http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=4797
with all the available versions... i chose the latest version in english... that's 1.24 (eng)
but it just have DS Menu DAT without YSmenu.nds
i can't do step 7

so what i miss here? Because this is the first time using YsMenu and i just followed it from step 1-end exactly... It's working... So the next point is... Since the guide was made on june 29 2009 then maybe there is already an update or the latest version now... that was i thought and so i found the link... but then have a problem with the upgrade guide's step given...
thanks

kanex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work on M3 DS Simply, too?

I just did everything, but when I turn on my DS I get a "Loading..." screen and then nothing happens.

I hope someone can help me
frown.gif

bluphantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok kinda confused here, thought ysmenu would enable me to play the newest games right off the bat like sonic classic collection but when i load it im given this error message
[Rom loading failed]
load rom errcode=-4

im guessing i need to upgrade it? if so can anyone point me in the right direction for the most up to date firmware

bluphantom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hm i put the ".nds" file in the same folder as the decrypter, then i start it up, then my computer is telling me i cant open the file "PatchEngine.da1". once i click cancelon that message i see that the file went from decrypted to encrypted but not encrypted to decrypted. anything im doing wrong?

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well haven't fully read the whole topic but I can't seem to run my homebrew especially moonshell, just no_boot_loader well I think that is.I forgot but what matters most is that I can't run a goddamn homebrew.Can someone please help....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +2