• Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

NaRayquaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was wondering... Is there an app/hack that let you lower the framerate? For example a game runs at 30fps but you need it to run at 20fps.

Jwave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey I'm brand new here and know nothing about the vita. Im thinking of picking one up in the next few days. so far what ive been able to read through is i need to pick up one that is on firmware 3.60. So with the hack that was created you can use emulators which is great but what else can you do. What are the other perks related to gaming that involves the hack. the reason why i ask is because i was given the older model from a family member but its on 3.65 am I better off with the one i have now or is the hack def worth it for me to buy one for myself that i can hack

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
hey I'm brand new here and know nothing about the vita. Im thinking of picking one up in the next few days. so far what ive been able to read through is i need to pick up one that is on firmware 3.60. So with the hack that was created you can use emulators which is great but what else can you do. What are the other perks related to gaming that involves the hack. the reason why i ask is because i was given the older model from a family member but its on 3.65 am I better off with the one i have now or is the hack def worth it for me to buy one for myself that i can hack
On 3.60, you can use native Vita homebrew as well as play native Vita backups, plus PSP mode hacks (so you can play PSP games and PS1 games, on Adrenaline with full sound support or ARK with no sound support for PS1).

LuigiXL

Trophies
XP
Country
Just picked up a Sandisk "wireless stick" (USB storage) I was wondering if anyone has had any luck using one w/ PSTV over Wi-Fi rather than manually plugging/unplug?

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am sort of late to the game with PSTV, but I wanna be able to install Henkaku (current firmware is 3.20) PSP/PSX via Adrenaline, re-enable the whitelist, and use a 256gb SanDisk 256GB USB 3.0 stick as ux0 memory.

Does the guide in the original post still let me do what I am looking to do?

Last edited by XC-3730C,
D

Deleted User

OP
I am sort of late to the game with PSTV, but I wanna be able to install Henkaku, PSP/PSX via Adrenaline, re-enable the whitelist, and use a 256gb SanDisk 256GB USB 3.0 stick as ux0 memory.

Does the guide in the original post still let me do what I am looking to do?
HENkaku and Adrenaline installation, yes; PSTV whitelist, not yet.

I just wrote up a quick section on USB mounting just now, but I'm unable to test it as I ain't got a PSTV anymore. Feel free to let me know if it works for you though
http://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-th...acking-guide-check-here-first.403035/#USB_ux0

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Hey, I'm thinking about buying a vita and hack it, but I have some questions.
Can I run any PS1/PSP roms on CFM?
How do I copy files to the console?
Is there a hombrew video player?
If I hack it, can I still buy games from the PS Store?
Can I run backed-up vita games? Can I backup my own games into roms?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I'm thinking about buying a vita and hack it, but I have some questions.
Can I run any PS1/PSP roms on CFM?
How do I copy files to the console?
Is there a hombrew video player?
If I hack it, can I still buy games from the PS Store?
Can I run backed-up vita games? Can I backup my own games into roms?
1) Yes, using Adrenaline or ARK you can run PSP/PS1 games. ARK runs PS1 games without sound, Adrenaline has less compatibility (slightly) but supports sound fully.
2) You can transfer by connecting your Vita to a PC using USB and transfer that way (using VitaShell and it's USB mode) or you can use FTP.
3) Not that I know of.
4) Yes, as long as PSN spoofing is still working (which, as of today, is). Note that any games that require 3.61 are not playable on 3.60, period.
5) Yes, and yes most games. You use Maidump or Vitamin to dump your own games, but some games can't be dumped (including 3.61 games).

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's the best way of backing up a save game (Axiom Verge in my case) from my Vita to my PSTV? My PSTV is on firmware 3.20, so I assume I have to update to 3.60, then install henkaku?

achyoav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
1) Yes, using Adrenaline or ARK you can run PSP/PS1 games. ARK runs PS1 games without sound, Adrenaline has less compatibility (slightly) but supports sound fully.
2) You can transfer by connecting your Vita to a PC using USB and transfer that way (using VitaShell and it's USB mode) or you can use FTP.
3) Not that I know of.
4) Yes, as long as PSN spoofing is still working (which, as of today, is). Note that any games that require 3.61 are not playable on 3.60, period.
5) Yes, and yes most games. You use Maidump or Vitamin to dump your own games, but some games can't be dumped (including 3.61 games).
Thank you very much! I have on more question tho. the games that are 3.61 only, are those all of the games on store shelves? If I buy a new game that came out a week ago, can I run it?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much! I have on more question tho. the games that are 3.61 only, are those all of the games on store shelves? If I buy a new game that came out a week ago, can I run it?
Most games released since about 08/16 will likely require 3.61+. Any game before that will be fine.

WaltzK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having an issue activating this vita. I bought it off someone and it has an old account on it. What steps should I do in order to get Adrenaline working? Every time I try to go to log-in it either gives an error (if i'm running henkaku) or tells me to update.

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have a question that hopefully someone here can help with.

I have 2 PSTV's.

PSTV 1 - US region set, FW 3.52, mail exploit set. 64 GB card
PSTV 2 - JPN region set, FW 3.65, no exploit (need it to run latest games and JPN PSN games) 8GB card

I have bought a bunch of new PSP and a few Vita games on US PSN, however since I don't connect PSTV 1 to the internet anymore I haven't been get any of my newer purchases on the system (which is really inconvenient) as I don't want to loose my white listed PSP titles and such, I grabbed everything I had the weekend when the exploit came down so I have over 100 games on the system between PSP/PS1 & Vita.

I was/am using my PSP Go, but have issues with space fitting all new purchases on it and it's really inconvenient to use (due to swapping memory cards, etc.)

So here's my question, what are my options for being able to copy my newer purchases to PSTV 1 with only having the mail exploit installed, or how hard is it to install Henkaku with that system spoofing PSN to get online to get those missing games?

I use my PS3 to transfer files over now to PSTV 2 (as I did with PSTV 1 before it hacked it).

I read some of the tutorial on the 1st page, but didn't see a complete explanation to what I needed/what I was looking for.

I'm just looking for a simple solution to get the new games I bought on the system without losing what I already have on it. I would like to eventually get Caligula on the US store and play it on there. (I don't often buy new Vita game digitally due to this very reason, but this is an exception since there's no physical English version available).

It looked very difficult to be able to use QCMA, and block this port and that port and such, there's got to be an easier way. And I'm not sure OpenCMA is a viable option for me (or is it?)

I think I covered everything I wanted to mention, I'm just not sure what my options are since I'm a little gun-shy when it comes to messing with the mail exploit since copying all of those files took ages to d/l and transfer to the PSTV since I added everything I bought on there, in case the f/w was updated (which it was two days after that exploit hit).

There's still a lot of room left on my 64GB card and I'd prefer to not to have to buy another PSTV to d/l these games to be able to play them.

Any ideas on what I can do? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by mario5555,
D

Deleted User

OP
Have a question that hopefully someone here can help with.

I have 2 PSTV's.

PSTV 1 - US region set, FW 3.52, mail exploit set. 64 GB card
PSTV 2 - JPN region set, FW 3.65, no exploit (need it to run latest games and JPN PSN games) 8GB card

I have bought a bunch of new PSP and a few Vita games on US PSN, however since I don't connect PSTV 1 to the internet anymore I haven't been get any of my newer purchases on the system (which is really inconvenient) as I don't want to loose my white listed PSP titles and such, I grabbed everything I had the weekend when the exploit came down so I have over 100 games on the system between PSP/PS1 & Vita.

I was/am using my PSP Go, but have issues with space fitting all new purchases on it and it's really inconvenient to use (due to swapping memory cards, etc.)

So here's my question, what are my options for being able to copy my newer purchases to PSTV 1 with only having the mail exploit installed, or how hard is it to install Henkaku with that system spoofing PSN to get online to get those missing games?

I use my PS3 to transfer files over now to PSTV 2 (as I did with PSTV 1 before it hacked it).

I read some of the tutorial on the 1st page, but didn't see a complete explanation to what I needed/what I was looking for.

I'm just looking for a simple solution to get the new games I bought on the system without losing what I already have on it. I would like to eventually get Caligula on the US store and play it on there. (I don't often buy new Vita game digitally due to this very reason, but this is an exception since there's no physical English version available).

It looked very difficult to be able to use QCMA, and block this port and that port and such, there's got to be an easier way. And I'm not sure OpenCMA is a viable option for me (or is it?)

I think I covered everything I wanted to mention, I'm just not sure what my options are since I'm a little gun-shy when it comes to messing with the mail exploit since copying all of those files took ages to d/l and transfer to the PSTV since I added everything I bought on there, in case the f/w was updated (which it was two days after that exploit hit).

There's still a lot of room left on my 64GB card and I'd prefer to not to have to buy another PSTV to d/l these games to be able to play them.

Any ideas on what I can do? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.
Mail exploit, and any other 3.52 tricks for that matter, are extremely outdated now since HENkaku's debut. It sounds like you might have been out of the loop for a while, because there is literally no reason to be on 3.52 anymore; everything you can do on 3.52 you can also do on 3.60 ten times easier. Plus, of course, you'll get all the HENkaku-exclusive benefits of spoofing, plugins, homebrew straight from the livearea, etc. and there will be no more need to block updates with QCMA. Latest versions of QCMA allow you to just set the spoof version to 0.00 to "always be up-to-date" anyway.

It will genuinely take you about 5 minutes to get HENkaku set up; 10 minutes at the most.
Really is just as easy as setting up HENkaku DNS server (the tutorial to do that is in the guide), updating up to 3.60 through said DNS, and then visiting http://henkaku.xyz/go through the browser to install HENkaku and molecularShell, a file manager/homebrew installer.
Just note that HENkaku isn't a permanent exploit at the moment (in less than a week, the release of HENkaku Enso will make it permanent though) and you currently have to revisit the exploit page from the browser on every reboot to reactivate the exploit again.

A really good thing is you will not lose anything from updating game-wise, not even the whitelist. You'll just lose access to the now-useless mail exploit and in place of that you can now use molecularShell/VitaShell for so much easier file management (and even connect through FTP)

As for the spoofing you wanted, it will simply just automatically work as soon as you install HENkaku, so you'll really have to do nothing there. :)

By the way, let me know what you were looking for, as it may be useful for other people who have similar issues as well.

Last edited by ,

NaRayquaza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I downloaded Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (not Ignition), but when I try to run it on my Vita TV it says it is not supported even if I use the Whitelister app, while other unsupported games works. Why's that? :/

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax (not Ignition), but when I try to run it on my Vita TV it says it is not supported even if I use the Whitelister app, while other unsupported games works. Why's that? :/
The whitelist doesn't work for some games, this being one of them. You can, however, edit the app.db yourself and it should work:

1. Copy the app.db file from your system to your PC using HENkaku.
  2. Open the app.db file inside SQLite DB Browser, click the "Browse Table" tab, change the table to "tbl_appinfo".
  3. In the "val" column, click in the filter box and search for your game. For example, I just searched "DENGEKI". This brought up 2 results.
  4. Now we are going to modify the keys of the results that appeared for your game. I highly recommend backing up these keys to a txt file somewhere.
  5. Double click the key you want to change, and replace the last 5 digits with 0. For example, my keys were changed from 4007071428 and 572932585 to 4007000000 and 572900000.
  6. Click on the "Write Changes" button and copy the app.db file back to your system.
  7. Start the game and have fun!

Reactions: NaRayquaza

mario5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mail exploit, and any other 3.52 tricks for that matter, are extremely outdated now since HENkaku's debut. It sounds like you might have been out of the loop for a while, because there is literally no reason to be on 3.52 anymore; everything you can do on 3.52 you can also do on 3.60 ten times easier. Plus, of course, you'll get all the HENkaku-exclusive benefits of spoofing, plugins, homebrew straight from the livearea, etc. and there will be no more need to block updates with QCMA. Latest versions of QCMA allow you to just set the spoof version to 0.00 to "always be up-to-date" anyway.

It will genuinely take you about 5 minutes to get HENkaku set up; 10 minutes at the most.
Really is just as easy as setting up HENkaku DNS server (the tutorial to do that is in the guide), updating up to 3.60 through said DNS, and then visiting http://henkaku.xyz/go through the browser to install HENkaku and molecularShell, a file manager/homebrew installer.
Just note that HENkaku isn't a permanent exploit at the moment (in less than a week, the release of HENkaku Enso will make it permanent though) and you currently have to revisit the exploit page from the browser on every reboot to reactivate the exploit again.

A really good thing is you will not lose anything from updating game-wise, not even the whitelist. You'll just lose access to the now-useless mail exploit and in place of that you can now use molecularShell/VitaShell for so much easier file management (and even connect through FTP)

As for the spoofing you wanted, it will simply just automatically work as soon as you install HENkaku, so you'll really have to do nothing there. :)

By the way, let me know what you were looking for, as it may be useful for other people who have similar issues as well.

Thanks for the information. I'll wait until Enso comes out before approaching this again.

The main reason I'm still on the mail exploit is exactly as you mentioned, I didn't want to screw up what I already had that worked, and two I wanted a permanent exploit that I didn't have to redo every time I fired up the system.

I'll follow whatever updates to the guide are added when Enso comes out and see if I can set out to do what I wanted to do to begin with.

Also to your question about the guide. I was just looking for a solution for the whitelist and to get back on the PSN (or however I needed to do it to get my games transferred to the system).

Appreciate the help. Cheers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shame vr wasn't a thing during ps2
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Huge crts on both eye lids
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Honestly the EyeToy games where like proto augmented reality
    I had one it was fun lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think I did then it broke a few months later
    Used it as a web cam for a day for fun, sooo shitty it was hilarious
    I had two Ken one regular black one and a silver special edition one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Speaking of old stuff those green og Logitech Xbox controllers still being listed around $100
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    eyetoy was fun yeah
    super basic, but the minigames were well designed
    i'm sure there's at least 1 emulator out there that works with it
    I had the PS3 one too and The Eye of Judgement game lol was ass
    i had eye toy play on ps2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microsoft ruined it with kinect
    @The Real Jdbye, PCSX2 works with any web cam and emulates the EyeToy with it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember mic support for the n64 being janky
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Emulation wise
    I had a kinnect.... It blew rotting goat balls
    Ken amazingly DraStic microphone support works better than real hardware lol
    On a phone of course
    Also touch is better.... Well at least better than the launch DS, the lite one improved that a ton
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Touch
    +1
    I really need to dig out my USB Wii sensor bar and experiment with Wii emulation and synching Wii remotes with BT lol
    Sort of redundant since I have a Wii lol
    With HDMI lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: With HDMI lol