• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 700,953
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45
D

Deleted User

OP
It was the GMAIL security thing, it won't let me log in on other devices, I had to tweak my own account settings. one of my first choice email didn't work too, dunno why. the guide was fine. XD
yeah, you have to go to your 'sign-in and security' settings on your google profile and disable a feature that stops you from linking your account to "less-secure devices" (in this case, the Vita).

So by demo, I don't need to buy it? Great, i thought I need to buy a psp game for tnv just to play psp isos.
Hmm, well I am only assuming that you would first have to have bought the PSP demo straight off of the PS Store from either the Vita itself, or from the PC, as I don't think PS3s will allow the transferral of PSP demos.
You need a PS3 anyway because of the need to activate your Vita first before you can actually play any PSP content from your memory card.

Edit: After the email set up I can go directly to TN-V right? I think I will read more on this for now and will resume hacking tomorrow. Thanks for this. I hope it all goes smoothly.
Yep; if you know you have sucessfully managed to inject the modified email database through the email hack, and have set up your email details again as a result, you are ready to move on to the TN-V installation instructions. :)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Nirmonculus
D

Deleted User

OP
Yeah, got the email thing going. I've been reading on how to get the psp game to the vita by download, I don't have a ps3 so I might be in a pinch. I'm wondering if the VitaUpdateBlocker would work instead to get the psp game.
Vita Update Blocker only works during the first few weeks of when a new update has just been released, if I remember rightly - it will never work at the moment until then.

Unfortunately, I think the only way you would ever be able to (re)download a PSP game/mini is through a PS3. :wink:
But I know some fat PS3s can come across incredibly cheap nowadays at your local 2nd-hand store! (got mine for just under £70)

(Or even borrow a friend's PS3)

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Vita Update Blocker only works during the first few weeks of when a new update has just been released, if I remember rightly - it will never work at the moment until then.

Unfortunately, I think the only way you would ever be able to (re)download a PSP game/mini is through a PS3. :wink:
But I know some fat PS3s can come across incredibly cheap nowadays at your local 2nd-hand store! (got mine for just under £70)

(Or even borrow a friend's PS3)
Well I have a friend who has a ps3, I don't have a psn account yet, will it work if he puts his account on my vita and transfer a psp game?

Edit: so it would work XD I will give a try then.

Last edited by Nirmonculus,
D

Deleted User

OP
Well I have a friend who has a ps3, I don't have a psn account yet, will it work if he puts his account on my vita and transfer a psp game?
Him putting his account on your Vita is a very bad idea, lol. :lol:
(Because you can dump your registry and read his PSN login details in plain text! :P)

However, you can set up a new PSN account from his PS3 and also link that account to your Vita by restoring the system and entering your new PSN account credentials in the Vita. (Don't worry; it won't nag for an update!)

Oh, also while you're at it, read Tutorial 5, as it has some important info about activating your Vita through that PS3.

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
Him putting his account on your Vita is a very bad idea, lol. :lol:
(Because you can dump your registry and read his PSN login details in plain text! :P)

However, you can set up a new PSN account from his PS3 and also link that account to your Vita by restoring the system and entering your new PSN account credentials in the Vita. (Don't worry; it won't nag for an update!)

Oh, also while you're at it, read Tutorial 5, as it has some important info about activating your Vita through that PS3.
It seems that this is probably the most extended kind of hacking I'll ever do on a console. And I though a9lh was daunting.
Yup will read the activation and will do it as well. What else can I do while I have no access to a ps3? Any hacking prep that I must do? Only got the email thing done, and got my app.db which I have no idea what to do with yet. XD

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

OP
It seems that this is probably the most extended kind of hacking I'll ever do on a console. And I though a9lh was daunting.
The Vita is one of the most secure consoles in the world, and unfortunately, it's just been a real tough nut to crack in the past few years! Sad, but true... :C
Furthermore, I only did my first A9LH installation the other day, and I also found that it was a lot more easier than Vita hacking! xD

Getting back on-topic, there is always Rejuvenate for PSM Dev, which if I remember rightly is Tutorial 4. If you can set up licenses correctly, and install PSM Dev Assistant for Unity onto your Vita, you can make your own Vita games using Unity for PSM, as well as run native Vita homebrew!
And also, you may be interested in some of the registry hacks that I have recently wrote up. (You'll find more at Hackinformer's PlayStation Guide)
Finally, if you have any spare cartridges lying around, you can make full cartridge dumps, so long as they do not require going 7 directories into the cartridge's filesystem.
And there is also a dirt-easy way of dumping digital games without the encryption still attached to the files.

There is still quite a bit you can do, even without PSP eCFW! :)

Last edited by ,
Reactions: Nirmonculus

Nirmonculus

Trophies
XP
Country
The Vita is one of the most secure consoles in the world, and unfortunately, it's just been a real tough nut to crack in the past few years! Sad, but true... :C
Furthermore, I only did my first A9LH installation the other day, and I also found that it was a lot more easier than Vita hacking! xD

Getting back on-topic, there is always Rejuvenate for PSM Dev, which if I remember rightly is Tutorial 4. If you can set up licenses correctly, and install PSM Dev Assistant for Unity onto your Vita, you can make your own Vita games using Unity for PSM, as well as run native Vita homebrew!
And also, you may be interested in some of the registry hacks that I have recently wrote up. (You'll find more at Hackinformer's PlayStation Guide)
Finally, if you have any spare cartridges lying around, you can make full cartridge dumps, so long as they do not require going 7 directories into the cartridge's filesystem.
And there is also a dirt-easy way of dumping digital games without the encryption still attached to the files.

The PS guide and the Cart dumping guide links are broken? Or is it just me?

I might as well try the other hacks available then. I thought at first the tutorial has to be done in order haha!

Last edited by Nirmonculus,
D

Deleted User

OP
Hey guys

I used to organise my Vita game by using an entire bubble page with a game and putting a nice wallpaper.

http://www.noelshack.com/2016-21-1464535160-vita.png

I actualy exceed 10 games but the Vita only provide 10 pages ... I would like to know if I can increase the numbre of different pages with an homebrew
Is it even possible ?
It wouldn't be possible, unless you can modify some of the Vita's internal system files that manage pages and layout, and I can't see that happening anytime soon, unfortunately. I don't even think a kernel exploit would be able to take care of that sort of thing. :(

The PS guide and the Cart dumling guide links are broken? Or is it just me?

I might as well try the other hacks available then. I thought at first the tutorial has to be done in order haha!
The guide links work for me. Hackinformer may load quite slow depending on where you are in the world. It did that to me once. Or are the links fully broken and return some sort of error?

D

Deleted User

OP
It returns an error, mostly from hackinformer, it is something I can't access but yes my country's internet is the slowest in the world.
You may come across a few threads about Vita cartridge dumping at Wololo's /talk forums. (sorry; I can't get a link at the moment. >_<)

xfxmrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

Hi, can you please anwer on 1 easy (i hope) question, I have ps vita 3.51, but i don't have an exploit game, i don't have PS3 and have no plans to buy one, can i hack it without it all using your guide?

D

Deleted User

OP
I have ps vita 3.51, but i don't have an exploit game, i don't have PS3 and have no plans to buy one, can i hack it without it all using your guide?
You can install rejuvenate on 3.51, and you can make use of some of the registry hacks available for the Vita, all through the email exploit.
Also, what do you mean 'without it all using your guide'? Did you mean you want to hack your Vita without using my guide? (sorry if I am misunderstanding that)

xfxmrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
You can install rejuvenate on 3.51, and you can make use of some of the registry hacks available for the Vita, all through the email exploit.
Also, what do you mean 'without it all using your guide'? Did you mean you want to hack your Vita without using my guide? (sorry if I am misunderstanding that)
Thanks, i mean without PS3, and exploit game. Do you have any other link to registry hacks except Hackinformer? It always gives me "Error 522 Cloudflare" (i'm not using adblocker or similar plugins)

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks, i mean without PS3, and exploit game. Do you have any other link to registry hacks except Hackinformer? It always gives me "Error 522 Cloudflare" (i'm not using adblocker or similar plugins)
There are 3 of 5 registry hacks in Tutorial 7 of my guide.

One fakes the Vita's region
Another Swaps the X/O button behaviour
and the last one lets you read out your PSN login details.

Reactions: xfxmrl

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o