• Views 701,658
  • Replies 1,848
  • Likes 45

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got three disappointingly noobish questions (seeing as how I've installed Rejuvenate on one PSTV already...) that I figured were appropriate to ask here:

1) Does the Hackinformer hosted PSM+ emailer not work anymore? (http://hackinformer.com/psmplus/)
I thought I had magically broken Rejuvenate on my first PSTV that already had it when I was using the key refresh from that site, as I always did before. It didn't work until I used wololo's hosted version of what I figured was the same script. What's up with that? Has it been broken for a while and I just haven't run homebrew lately?

2) Is there no package installer for VitaDefiler? I used the package installer on my second PSTV (since it's on 3.20 while my first one was on 3.35) and it was a breeze to get PSM for Unity installed, but I don't have VitaDefiler, even after copying the save over.

3) The method of stopping a download isn't working for some reason on this PSTV- I use UpdateBlocker, spoof the firmware with it, then change the proxy back, and the PSM Runtime installer (which, in a recurring theme, I used on the first PSTV) still says I need to update my system software. I've rebuilt my database probably 3 times already, doesn't do anything. Unless I can magically get it to work like it did before or there's a pkg for VitaDefiler I don't think there's a way to get Rejuvenate on my second PSTV???

Sorry if these are all stupid questions that have come up recently and I didn't know about them, or always applied to 3.20 and not 3.35 or something else along those lines. I did this once before and it's baffling me a second time now...

D

Deleted User

OP
1) Does the Hackinformer hosted PSM+ emailer not work anymore? (http://hackinformer.com/psmplus/)
I thought I had magically broken Rejuvenate on my first PSTV that already had it when I was using the key refresh from that site, as I always did before. It didn't work until I used wololo's hosted version of what I figured was the same script. What's up with that? Has it been broken for a while and I just haven't run homebrew lately?
Hmm, it seems to be working for me still... perhaps try entering the email and sending from a different device?

2) Is there no package installer for VitaDefiler? I used the package installer on my second PSTV (since it's on 3.20 while my first one was on 3.35) and it was a breeze to get PSM for Unity installed, but I don't have VitaDefiler, even after copying the save over.
I think you are getting mixed up with Rejuvenate's run_package_install.bat and the actual native vita Package Installer app. :P
PSM packages are in the .PSDP format (which you install to the PSM Dev Assistants) and the actual Package Installer app outside the PSM app is for installing Vita .PKG files. :)

3) The method of stopping a download isn't working for some reason on this PSTV- I use UpdateBlocker, spoof the firmware with it, then change the proxy back, and the PSM Runtime installer (which, in a recurring theme, I used on the first PSTV) still says I need to update my system software. I've rebuilt my database probably 3 times already, doesn't do anything. Unless I can magically get it to work like it did before or there's a pkg for VitaDefiler I don't think there's a way to get Rejuvenate on my second PSTV???
PSM Runtime update payload won't ever be able to be downloaded on an old firmware now, I don't think. You will need to use a game that requires an update.

mindovermedia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a new PSTV and silly of me, i updated to the newest 3.6 version after being asked..Are there any chances of hacking possibilities to play all ps vita games yet?

mexspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
im having trouble getting the second email of psm+ for rejuvenate, when i send it to my vita yahoo mail it arrives empty, and my psm dev unity on my vita keeps saying developers license could not be confirmed, any way to fix this? i used the hackinformer psm page for everything and still nothing

D

Deleted User

OP
I bought a new PSTV and silly of me, i updated to the newest 3.6 version after being asked..Are there any chances of hacking possibilities to play all ps vita games yet?
No, not yet still... bear in mind that there aren't even any ways to perform exploits or use exploit games for 3.60 yet anyway.
There are ways of making a unique CMA backup of VHBL and transferring it to your 3.60 Vita though. VHBL is the only exploit that functions on 3.60 at the moment, and it's highly recommended that you install the VHBL bubble on your Vita before you update to 3.60. (By the way, VHBL does not allow for Vita/PSP/PS1 piracy; only PSP homebrew.)

im having trouble getting the second email of psm+ for rejuvenate, when i send it to my vita yahoo mail it arrives empty, and my psm dev unity on my vita keeps saying developers license could not be confirmed, any way to fix this? i used the hackinformer psm page for everything and still nothing
It's strongly recommended you use a gmail account for Vita hacking. I don't know the exact differences between using a yahoo mail account on a Vita, and a gmail account on a Vita.
I would attempt at sending the 2nd email again. I'm assuming by empty, you mean there are no attachments on the email. In that case, try using a different mirror of the PSM+ site. Or maybe I could forward you the PSM+ attachments if you are still having trouble.

Last edited by ,

mexspeed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
No, not yet still... bear in mind that there aren't even any ways to perform exploits or use exploit games for 3.60 yet anyway.
There are ways of making a unique CMA backup of VHBL and transferring it to your 3.60 Vita though. VHBL is the only exploit that functions on 3.60 at the moment, and it's highly recommended that you install the VHBL bubble on your Vita before you update to 3.60. (By the way, VHBL does not allow for Vita/PSP/PS1 piracy; only PSP homebrew.)

It's strongly recommended you use a gmail account for Vita hacking. I don't know the exact differences between using a yahoo mail account on a Vita, and a gmail account on a Vita.
I would attempt at sending the 2nd email again. I'm assuming by empty, you mean there are no attachments on the email. In that case, try using a different mirror of the PSM+ site. Or maybe I could forward you the PSM+ attachments if you are still having trouble.

thanks, i did it via wololo site and it worked like a charm, next step is tn-v and ark whenever i have the time

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you are getting mixed up with Rejuvenate's run_package_install.bat and the actual native vita Package Installer app. :P
PSM packages are in the .PSDP format (which you install to the PSM Dev Assistants) and the actual Package Installer app outside the PSM app is for installing Vita .PKG files. :)

I wasn't so I guess I'll rephrase the question- is pausing an update the only way to get VitaDefiler onto a PSTV? Or is there another way to install it, perhaps by using the package installer built into the PSTV (which is something I did not have access to the last time I installed Rejuvenate)?

PSM Runtime update payload won't ever be able to be downloaded on an old firmware now, I don't think. You will need to use a game that requires an update.

How could they have changed this without a firmware update? I guess I'll have to ask around, because I don't see how its behavior could be retroactively modified on an old firmware version. The Unity app itself is also asking for an update and demanding a newer firmware, so it seems to me like something else is wrong.

Did you hear that info from somewhere else, or is it kind of conjecture?

Hackinformer not working for you, but wololo working fine would seem to corroborate my earlier question about the same thing, and Voxel Studios seems to be wrong on this one. Something must be up with the hackinformer hosted version of the PSM+ setup.

Last edited by bobrocks95,
D

Deleted User

OP
is pausing an update the only way to get VitaDefiler onto a PSTV? Or is there another way to install it, perhaps by using the package installer built into the PSTV (which is something I did not have access to the last time I installed Rejuvenate)?
I'm afraid not, because the other method involves installing VitaDefiler through USB, and obviously the PSTV can't hook up to a PC. And you can't use the PKG Installer app because it is not designed to import PSM packages (PSDP files).

The Unity app itself is also asking for an update and demanding a newer firmware
If it's telling you to update from within the app, that's normal. You just haven't set up the license files and/or daily files correctly. (Don't forget the fact that you will have to update the Dev Assistants with daily files from the PSM+ webpage.)

Also, I am sorry if I am underestimating your intelligence. :sad: I only do try to help and suggest things around the Vita scene since not many people seem to care about the Vita. :(

Last edited by ,

bobrocks95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm afraid not, because the other method involves installing VitaDefiler through USB, and obviously the PSTV can't hook up to a PC. And you can't use the PKG Installer app because it is not designed to import PSM packages (PSDP files).

Thanks, I did ask on wololo also about the PSM runtime install not working and it seems to be the case for everyone. I was able to install the Netflix app with the package installer and use it for the update, which may or may not be useful to add to the guide. Sucks that it's only for 3.18/3.20 and below users though.

If it's telling you to update from within the app, that's normal. You just haven't set up the license files and/or daily files correctly. (Don't forget the fact that you will have to update the Dev Assistants with daily files from the PSM+ webpage.)

The hackinformer-hosted PSM keys seem to be working again, which is weird...

Also, I am sorry if I am underestimating your intelligence. :sad: I only do try to help and suggest things around the Vita scene since not many people seem to care about the Vita. :(

No, you're fine, I didn't mean to sound curt with my reply. I'm just a bit frazzled that most of what I attempted last time I installed Rejuvenate doesn't work anymore, it seems weird to me. I've got it now, but it was about as frustrating a process as the first time I installed it...

Reactions: Deleted User

Vlad_78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What's up guys? I wonder how do I update a PlayStation vita TV for firmware 3.51 ? He's in 2.12 , I saw this video on youtube but the guy does not know what game updates to inform 3.51, Someone might know how to upgrade to this firmware?

veio do meu grão prime usando trepa taka

D

Deleted User

OP
how do I update a PlayStation vita TV for firmware 3.51 ? He's in 2.12
You need to download the 3.51 firmware PUP file from the internet, then place the PUP file onto a USB. It needs to be placed at "PSVITA/UPDATE/" on the USB, and it must be renamed to "PSVUPDAT.PUP".

Put the USB into the PSTV and afterwards, boot your PSTV into safe mode and select "update through removable storage" on the system software update menu. It should hopefully find the update PUP on the USB and update your PSTV to 3.51. :)

Reactions: Vlad_78

Vlad_78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You need to download the 3.51 firmware PUP file from the internet, then place the PUP file onto a USB. It needs to be placed at "PSVITA/UPDATE/" on the USB, and it must be renamed to "PSVUPDAT.PUP".

Put the USB into the PSTV and afterwards, boot your PSTV into safe mode and select "update through removable storage" on the system software update menu. It should hopefully find the update PUP on the USB and update your PSTV to 3.51. :)

Thanks for answering , I found on Google this file to download searched the zload.net , but the site is down , another doubt the TV vita has not yet been linked to an account , It is to do this without upgrading to the 3.60 ?

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks for answering , I found on Google this file to download searched the zload.net , but the site is down , another doubt the TV vita has not yet been linked to an account , It is to do this without upgrading to the 3.60 ?

http://yui.bplaced.net/ <- Go to the PS Vita update files and you will see the update files for 3.51. Be sure to use the biggest PUP file from the ZIP.

Also, you must have a PS3 to activate your PSTV. But that only matters if you want PSP-side hacks as well.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I would suggest this guide be moved to the FAQ section, it contains lots of helpful basic info yet is somewhat hidden in this section :)

D

Deleted User

OP
I would suggest this guide be moved to the FAQ section, it contains lots of helpful basic info yet is somewhat hidden in this section :)
I don't plan for it to go to the FAQ section because of the fact that more people looking to get answers to Vita hacking come to this section more than the FAQ/Tutorials section.

That way, it can attract more people to this thread first to see if their question can be answered before they start making a new thread.

norbert ferrer

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
im actually gonna ask a pretty noob question i bought a used vita and its on 3.51 i got all the steps right until trying to install tn-v how can i get a psp demo or game on my vita? i tried the qcma method and just when ever i try to copy the psp demo(ape quest)from the ps3 to the vita a pop up message apears (error co-11019-2)

Last edited by norbert ferrer,
D

Deleted User

OP
im actually gonna ask a pretty noob question i bought a used vita and its on 3.51 i got all the steps right until trying to install tn-v how can i get a psp demo or game on my vita? i tried the qcma method and just when ever i try to copy the psp demo(ape quest)from the ps3 to the vita a pop up message apears (error co-11019-2)
Unfortunately, Sony hit a problem trying to blacklist the transferring of certain PSP demos from PS3 to Vita, so they went ahead and blacklisted all PSP demos you try to transfer to the Vita. :sad:

You could possibly buy the cheapest PSP mini on the PS3 store, maybe? They are not blacklisted and will transfer to your Vita just fine.

Vlad_78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hey you tried to download the demo locoroco midnight carnival ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Beyblade let it rip haha.