♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
icpmattj said:
If installing officially through nintendo won't you need to patch ios60 again to be able to play wiiware/vc from the sd card menu?

I know it really doesn't pertain to this guide so much but it could be added.
4.2 uses a trucha patched IOS 70 to play wiiware games off sd card.

dop-ios it.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
EeZeEpEe said:
Sorry I didn't mean very bottom. I meant last text on that page which ends half way down the page. It says:
• Put SD Card back in your PC
• Make a folder called "Wad Manager 1.4"
• Place boot.dol in "Wad Manager 1.4" and place the Wad Manager map in apps (SD:/apps/Wad Manager1.4/boot.dol)

Shouldn't that all be on the top of the page above the following:
• Put your SD Card back in the Wii and start HBC.
• Click the Home botton on your Wiimote
• Click Load Bootmii
It doesn't really matter the order in which you do it. Just as long as it's there (WadManager on the SD card) when you need it.

Quick Q about stub IOSes. Is it safe to delete them (222/223 for example) to save memory?

I know it's probably best to just leave it, i'm just curious.
smile.gif

Deviyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide for those folks that are on 4.2 at the moment.

I also updated my guide to include a brief section on 4.2. I'm not going to put much into the 4.2 scene right now, because it looks like the BannerBomb folks almost have something working for 4.2-- and I'm sure the rest will follow shortly and 4.2 will be just as easy as 4.1.

I believe a state has been reached in the Wii scene that no matter what Nintendo does, there is already got enough information to do everything that needs to get done. I mean, what.. 4.2 was released all of 3 days ago, and ALL (It's sole purpose, mind you) it does is eradicates and prevents HomeBrew-- and it's already hacked. Good Game, Nintendo, but it's over.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
BBking83 said:
EeZeEpEe said:
Sorry I didn't mean very bottom. I meant last text on that page which ends half way down the page. It says:
• Put SD Card back in your PC
• Make a folder called "Wad Manager 1.4"
• Place boot.dol in "Wad Manager 1.4" and place the Wad Manager map in apps (SD:/apps/Wad Manager1.4/boot.dol)

Shouldn't that all be on the top of the page above the following:
• Put your SD Card back in the Wii and start HBC.
• Click the Home botton on your Wiimote
• Click Load Bootmii
It doesn't really matter the order in which you do it. Just as long as it's there (WadManager on the SD card) when you need it.

Quick Q about stub IOSes. Is it safe to delete them (222/223 for example) to save memory?

I know it's probably best to just leave it, i'm just curious.
smile.gif

Yes they are safe to be deleted.
delete them if you want hermes cIOS installed, otherwise leave them.

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
riahc3 said:
Why did you upload this to a file? Post the guide here in the first post, this way you can update it frequently and then upload it to a file incase someone wants it offline.

Because I'm too lazy to convert it back to bbcode
tongue.gif

QUOTE(daunte24 @ Oct 2 2009, 06:54 AM) any chance off posting apps hotlinks in file not working for me thanks

Updated guide is available, also pre-compiled rarfile.

First post will be updated in a few minutes.

For the people that already used the guide, please let me know if v1.1 is less confusing.

Thank you

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
v.1.1 is a lot less confusing.Explaining renaming of the files and everything is what was needed and one download link to get all the files helps tremendously.

About the DOP IOS part that was added.

I know why ios70 is needed but why the other two? I assume because they were updated in the 4.2 update is that right?

Amarok

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
icpmattj said:
v.1.1 is a lot less confusing.Explaining renaming of the files and everything is what was needed and one download link to get all the files helps tremendously.

I know why ios70 is needed but why the other two? I assume because they were updated in the 4.2 update is that right?

better compatibility (according to xzxero) ask him, I just added it

Posts merged

QUOTE(icpmattj @ Oct 2 2009, 08:04 AM) v.1.1 is a lot less confusing.Explaining renaming of the files and everything is what was needed and one download link to get all the files helps tremendously.

oh thanks for the feedback btw
smile.gif

im off to bed, good luck and good night guys

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
xzxero said:
xzxero said:
icpmattj said:
The part of the guide where you load cboot2 to get rid of the ios249 stub.

In the picture it shows boot.elf and boot.dol on the root of the sd card.

I know the elf is the hackmii installer and the dol one is the wadmanager launched with cboot2 correct?

Wouldn't leaving both these on the card conflict with each other when running the cboot?
on my guide?
idk ill try it out real quick.
just tried it, no thankfully it doesnt conflict.

Wouldn't this conflict when running hackmii? I know I used to have an older homebrew boot.dol and the hackmii boot.elf saved in the SD root and neither would load via banner bomb.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xflak40 said:
xzxero said:
xzxero said:
icpmattj said:
The part of the guide where you load cboot2 to get rid of the ios249 stub.

In the picture it shows boot.elf and boot.dol on the root of the sd card.

I know the elf is the hackmii installer and the dol one is the wadmanager launched with cboot2 correct?

Wouldn't leaving both these on the card conflict with each other when running the cboot?
on my guide?
idk ill try it out real quick.
just tried it, no thankfully it doesnt conflict.

Wouldn't this conflict when running hackmii? I know I used to have an older homebrew boot.dol and the hackmii boot.elf saved in the SD root and neither would load via banner bomb.
yea but hes talking about cboot2 conflicting with the hackmii installer boot.elf

any besides you have to backup your bootmii folder and install cboot2 on your sd card after you install bootmii
so theres no conflict

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have the Install cIOS38 rev14 and DOP-IOS pages (page 8 and 9) switched around in the pdf. The "Contents" listing is in the correct order but those two pages are backwards.

I would also switch cIOS222 to use 38 merged with 37, and 223 with 38 (recommended).

nervx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
what's the purpose of the dop-ios step?

installing with sig hash check on ios53, ios55 and ios70 does what and what are they used for?

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nervx said:
what's the purpose of the dop-ios step?

installing with sig hash check on ios53, ios55 and ios70 does what and what are they used for?

70 is the 4.2 system menu. No idea on the other two but all I got was errors on all three until I reversed page 8 and 9.
After I installed cIOS38 rev14, all three installed/patched with no issues at all.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
D34DL1N3R said:
until I reversed page 8 and 9.
Yeah, that must be wrong. The contents are:
3. Remove IOS249
4. Install cIOS38 rev14

BTW, does 36 need trucha singing?? I think it's for some WiiWare channels (stops rebooting to Wii menu).

bacadd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All,

I tried this guide and at first I made the error of doing page 9 first and then page 8. SO I tried again from the beginning and installed the cIOS38 rev14 then installed/checked ios53, ios55 and ios70 with no errors. But then when I try to do the last page I get a 2011 error on NeoGamma R7 and USB Loader GX, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Last step I did:

Boot HBC
Start Wad Manager 1.4
Choose Wii SD Slot
Select IOS249 INSTALL (SUCCESS)
Select Neo Gamma R7 INSTALL (Error 2011)
Select USB Loader GX INSTALL (Error 2011)

Thanks!

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
bacadd said:
Hi All,

I tried this guide and at first I made the error of doing page 9 first and then page 8. SO I tried again from the beginning and installed the cIOS38 rev14 then installed/checked ios53, ios55 and ios70 with no errors. But then when I try to do the last page I get a 2011 error on NeoGamma R7 and USB Loader GX, I am not sure what I am doing wrong.

Last step I did:

Boot HBC
Start Wad Manager 1.4
Choose Wii SD Slot
Select IOS249 INSTALL (SUCCESS)
Select Neo Gamma R7 INSTALL (Error 2011)
Select USB Loader GX INSTALL (Error 2011)

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure you need to do the DoP-IOS part (page 8??)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7