Hacking Guidance needed on what to do

Outsider506

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dusted off my modded 360 that I hadn't booted up in over a year and now I'm trying to figure out what would be best to enable it to play newer games, or even figure out what it's current limitations are. Hopefully someone can help.

It's a phat system that was last flashed sometime in 2011. I'm not sure if it has 1.6 or 1.91 or 1.92... or even if I'm using the correct terms. From what I recollect is that I have an Activation Disc that I needed to use to play newer games, but then I had it flashed again and it seems all my backups work WITHOUT the activation disc. The newest games I seem to have are Marvel vs Capcom 3, Mortal Kombat (2011) and Portal 2. All of them booted up fine on their own.

The system has never been online since it was modded, and I don't plan on having it go online. I have an unmodded system for games I want to play on LIVE. I need to know if there is anyway to make my current setup work without having it flashed again, like using a Wave Patcher for ISOs, ect. Was also looking at xKey, but understand that my FW would have to be unmodded for it to work? My current info is as follows:

Dash: 2.0.12625.0
Phat Production Date: 22-10-2008
FW: iXtreme LT+ 1.91 (possibly)

Anyone that could possibly give me advice it would be greatly appreciated.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Ehm...
Do you care about XBLive? (doesn't seem like it tho ;p)

But if you want, you could RGH it (You'll need to solder in a NAND dumper and a chip)
Update it to 14699 (update found here)
You won't be able to connect to Live ever again tho.
You'll have the benefits of putting every thing on your internal HDD (it's upgradable to a maz of 2 TB with a 2.5 inch HDD) and can play XBLA/XBLindie/Homebrew/Emulators as well.

If you do want Live then you'll need to update your drives FW to LT 3.0
If you have a compatible SATA chipset (look here if it's compatible) then you can proceed and download Jungleflasher.
Otherwise you'll have to get a X360 USB pro.

Activation discs haven't been used since the old Xtreme days.
Nor do wavepatchers be applied these days.
You will however need to run every game through ABGX and burn XGD3 games with an hacked iHAS or a burner wich is compatible with the Payload tool (check here)

Whatever you do, it's best to flash back to stock first since you're on a pre 13599 dashboard.
After you flashed back to a stock firmware, you can update it to 14699 to exploit it with the RGH or 16537 to and continue to use the drive FW mod.

Outsider506

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow thanks for the quick reply!

Not interested XBLive for this system at all, so RGH does sound extremely sweet for it... except I'm not comfortable with soldering at all, but it does point me in the right direction to find someone that has done this before.

That is why I was looking at xKey though as I looked at how to set it up and feel comfortable doing that, but do I need to find someway of having my drive back to it's original FW to use that?

Just weighing all my options

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Xkey..
You'll have to dump your DVD key and make a stock official firmware out of it.
That firmware file you'll need place on the microSD card of the Xkey.

Xkey itself is solderless and plug and play.
However, it only allows for ISO's (games that have been released as a retail) to be played on a external HDD.

RGH..
Yeh if you don't like soldering, let someone do it for you ;p
Before you do it, let them or you update it to 14699 (this is the last dash on which RGH can be exploited and is faster then RGH2)
Installing FSD and setting it up is easy.
I've written a tutorial about it here
Updating your RGH is also pretty simple, Tutorial can be found here

Outsider506

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you for all the info DinohScene!

I think you've sold me on RGH. It sounds like it would be worth the effort to find someone to do it for me. I think it's possible to find an experienced modder in town so I'll attempt that first and see what I come up with. Happy I came here before ordering anything. Thanks again for all the info.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: while that was a kid-friendly endeavor, this new take will adapt the story Teenage Mutant Ninja...