Homebrew RELEASE GUI for NSP Forwarder tool for 12+

jmar1819

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find a solution for my issue. I can create icons for home brew apps. When I try to forward a rom from RetroArch it opens RetroArch and gives me "failed to load content" error. The rom loads just fine when using RetroArch without the forward icon.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't find a solution for my issue. I can create icons for home brew apps. When I try to forward a rom from RetroArch it opens RetroArch and gives me "failed to load content" error. The rom loads just fine when using RetroArch without the forward icon.
Not suggesting you switch tools, but temporarily try SAK and see if you have the same issue.

https://github.com/dezem/SAK

Jimbone007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this and SAK and can't get either to work. The Menu aio pulls up the nsp folder after I hit create forwarder but the folders empty and SAK says :

NRO forwarder create failed: Diddy Kong Racing

Needed time 8 seconds.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? everthing to create the nsp is filled out correctly and my prod keys are being used

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this and SAK and can't get either to work. The Menu aio pulls up the nsp folder after I hit create forwarder but the folders empty and SAK says :

NRO forwarder create failed: Diddy Kong Racing

Needed time 8 seconds.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong? everthing to create the nsp is filled out correctly and my prod keys are being used
Screenshots of what you’re plugging into the interface and your directories you’re using will help a bunch.

the fact that neither is working suggests you might have an issue w/ prod keys…please double check (please don’t post keys)

Jimbone007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Screenshots of what you’re plugging into the interface and your directories you’re using will help a bunch.

the fact that neither is working suggests you might have an issue w/ prod keys…please double check (please don’t post keys)
Okay. Do prod keys change over time? The ones I'm using I got off my switch using lockpick a couple years ago. Ill use lock pick again and get my prod keys and try again.

Reactions: binkinator

Jimbone007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes there are new keys that come along with certain new firmware versions, so you do have to update them sometimes.
Okay I didn't realize that. I got my current prod keys and was able to make the nsp. now when I go to install it in glodleaf I get a error 2002-405 (0x1fb402)

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I didn't realize that. I got my current prod keys and was able to make the nsp. now when I go to install it in glodleaf I get a error 2002-405 (0x1fb402)
I think you meant 2002-4058 (missing digit) which would probably be a need to update your Sigpatches?

Might need to add this to your CFW section of yiur hekate_ipl.ini file if yiu don’t have it already.

kip1patch=nosigchk

Jimbone007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea thats what I meant, oops. Okay, I'll get the latest Sigpatches. Do I need to update my fw too or does that not matter when installing the latest sigpatches? I'm on 14.1.2 AMS 1.3.2

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea thats what I meant, oops. Okay, I'll get the latest Sigpatches. Do I need to update my fw too or does that not matter when installing the latest sigpatches? I'm on 14.1.2 AMS 1.3.2
Sigpatches are cumulative. You can add the latest even if your down rev. There’s no need for a FW or Atmos upgrade to 15.0.1 as no game currently require it.

gdarkfox

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

hello everyone, i am having the same issue that Jimbone007 mentioned, and i updated my prod.keys... it failed when using SAK or even when using the GUI of this thread, it just opens the documents folders without any .nro created..

what should i do, do you have any clues?

here is the print of every input as an example (i tried with real .nro as retroarch but it always displays the same error):

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 61

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello everyone, i am having the same issue that Jimbone007 mentioned, and i updated my prod.keys... it failed when using SAK or even when using the GUI of this thread, it just opens the documents folders without any .nro created..

what should i do, do you have any clues?

here is the print of every input as an example (i tried with real .nro as retroarch but it always displays the same error):

The prod.keys in your screenshot are ancient (almost 2 years old!)

Please dump them again using the latest LockPick_RCM.

Last edited by binkinator,

gdarkfox

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for your response, but i just extracted again from the lock pick payload, and it generates the same file..
The last modification date of the file is in fact 01/01/2021 00h00, but the creation date is of today, even of the new dumped file..

Just tested with the new prod.keys file, and the error persists..

do you have any other idea of what may be happening here?

Thanks in advance!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your response, but i just extracted again from the lock pick payload, and it generates the same file..
The last modification date of the file is in fact 01/01/2021 00h00, but the creation date is of today, even of the new dumped file..

Just tested with the new prod.keys file, and the error persists..

do you have any other idea of what may be happening here?

Thanks in advance!

What is the last key (not the value after the = sign, but the key itself) that begins with package2_key_

I’m particularly interested in the part just after “key_” so please post that here.

Once that’s done, let’s create the simplest of forwarders:

1) supply an app name: NewApp
2) click generate new ID to get a random ID
3) supply an author: NewAuth
4) for icon add the attached 256x256 jpg
5) click “no startup logo”
6) click standard nro
7) /switch/test.nro
8) click create nro forwarder

Attachments

• Test-256x256.jpg
    Test-256x256.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 55

gdarkfox

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What is the last key (not the value after the = sign, but the key itself) that begins with package2_key_

I’m particularly interested in the part just after “key_” so please post that here.

Once that’s done, let’s create the simplest of forwarders:

1) supply an app name: NewApp
2) click generate new ID to get a random ID
3) supply an author: NewAuth
4) for icon add the attached 256x256 jpg
5) click “no startup logo”
6) click standard nro
7) /switch/test.nro
8) click create nro forwarder
just did that, and unfotunately did not work.

i am attaching a copy of the prod.keys with the values edited, does this help?

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 47
  • copy prod.7z
    768 bytes · Views: 29

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just did that, and unfotunately did not work.

i am attaching a copy of the prod.keys with the values edited, does this help?

The neutered prod.keys confirmed you are on _0e which is exactly what you need to be on. Thank you for humouring me.

I just ran through making a new DBI forwarder.

1672286396649.png

...just to make sure I didn't have any UAP or other issues.

This is starting to feel like a Windows permissions issue.

Can you delete the entire SAK directory and download/unzip it one more time? (be sure to keep your keys...we need those.)

Here are my directory permissions after I unzip SAK (from the same URL posted by @impeeza below)

1672287053583.png

Last edited by binkinator,

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I do use SAK for create the forwareders and always works fine, put special attention to the paths you setup on SAK, they MUST match the paths on your SD Card.

SAK URL:
https://github.com/dezem/SAK/releases
https://gbatemp.net/threads/switch-army-knife-sak.588375/

• Love

gdarkfox

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The neutered prod.keys confirmed you are on _0e which is exactly what you need to be on. Thank you for humouring me.

View attachment 344859

Can you delete the entire SAK directory and download/unzip it one more time? (be sure to keep your keys...we need those.)

Here are my directory permissions after I unzip SAK (from the same URL posted by @impeeza below)

View attachment 344862

View attachment 344859

View attachment 344862

Thanks for the comments again!

My windows' download folder is on my D drive which i am having the issue mentioned. At first sight my user did not have the privileges you printed as the print below.
I added the security items for the profile, but it did not work..

But, i transfered the SAK folder to my main C drive, and unexpectedly it worked! than i checked the security privileges, and it was just as previously on my D drive... as my second print states..

What the heck is going on? lol

Thanks for the support anyway, it just "worked" hahaha

Attachments

• C drive.png
    C drive.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 47
  • D drive.png
    D drive.png
    92.7 KB · Views: 51

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum