"NSP Forwarder Generator" - An online tool to create NRO/RetroArch forwarders

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need Lockpick_RCM in order to dump your keys.
ok thanks i found it. ok it worked but the icon has no artwork, just a ? what did i do wrong? it opens the app fine tho. Do I need to dump my keys again? cuz i think the keys i'm using are from 16.0 and i'm on 17.0 now. do you have to dump them everytime you update?

EDIT: ok dumped new keys, still no artwork on icon

Attachments

• IMG_0706.jpeg
    IMG_0706.jpeg
    348.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by laz305,

Dooleh

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
ok thanks i found it. ok it worked but the icon has no artwork, just a ? what did i do wrong? it opens the app fine tho. Do I need to dump my keys again? cuz i think the keys i'm using are from 16.0 and i'm on 17.0 now. do you have to dump them everytime you update?

EDIT: ok dumped new keys, still no artwork on icon
You upload an image from your computer to use as the icon for the game or app. I made ppsspp and flycast forwarders for myself and just googled their respective images, downloaded them, resized them to 256x256 and dragged them over to the forwarder generator.

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And now I use nro2nsp and I get icon artwork but it won’t open the app. Wtf is going on??????
Post automatically merged:

You upload an image from your computer to use as the icon for the game or app. I made ppsspp and flycast forwarders for myself and just googled their respective images, downloaded them, resized them to 256x256 and dragged them over to the forwarder generator.
Ummmmm I just select the nro and it shows an image of the icon on the web page. I have to then add a jpg or png to it?

What’s even crazier is all my other forwarders work and I didn’t have to update them. But nxthemes wont work. But it’ll show pic in options but not on home

Attachments

• IMG_0705.jpeg
    IMG_0705.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 7
Last edited by laz305,

Dooleh

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
And now I use nro2nsp and I get icon artwork but it won’t open the app. Wtf is going on??????

Ummmmm I just select the nro and it shows an image of the icon on the web page. I have to then add a jpg or png to it?

What’s even crazier is all my other forwarders work and I didn’t have to update them. But nxthemes wont work. But it’ll show pic in options but not on home
I just used 256x256 jpegs, no idea if anything else works or doesn't work.

Reactions: laz305

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used 256x256 jpegs, no idea if anything else works or doesn't work.
Yeah I tried it again. I select nro and then add jpg and still no pic on icon but will open app np. So weird

Can you share the image that you are trying to use? IIRC there's a max file size limit that the Switch will accept (128kb?) and if the image is larger than that then it will just show the question mark. Maybe I can tweak the quality setting to ensure the size is within the allowed range.

I haven't updated to 17.0.0 yet to confirm this. Is anyone else having any issues with v17? If other people say it's working, then check you sigpatches.

I have used just the nro and I’ve also tried adding a 46kb jpg and I still get the ? icon. Any fix for this

Ok yeah it definitely wasn’t me. I found an alternative NTON v2.1.1 and it worked np

Attachments

• NXThemesInstaller.jpg
    NXThemesInstaller.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_0711.jpeg
    IMG_0711.jpeg
    303.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by laz305,

tootallnate

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
n8.io
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried it again. I select nro and then add jpg and still no pic on icon but will open app np. So weird

I have used just the nro and I’ve also tried adding a 46kb jpg and I still get the ? icon. Any fix for this

Ok yeah it definitely wasn’t me. I found an alternative NTON v2.1.1 and it worked np

I didn't have any issue creating a forwarder, fwiw. Perhaps it's something related to the browser and/or operating system that you are using.

2024033118051200-57B4628D2267231D57E0FC1078C0596D.jpg

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are you on? I used same browser with NTON and it worked np. Just saying

EDIT: sorry NTON isn’t a browser lol I’m using Edge

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpeg
    IMG_0709.jpeg
    213.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by laz305,

tootallnate

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
n8.io
XP
Country
United States
What are you on? I used same browser with NTON and it worked np. Just saying

MacOS + Firefox. The image processing relies on the web browser's Canvas API, so depending on your setup, there could be differences which might cause it not to work on the Switch. At the end of the day, I don't have control over that part.

• Love
Reactions: laz305 and impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
MacOS + Firefox. The image processing relies on the web browser's Canvas API, so depending on your setup, there could be differences which might cause it not to work on the Switch. At the end of the day, I don't have control over that part.
I uses Windows 11, Firefox and Chrome and can testify works fine on Atmosphère 1.6.2, 1.7.0 and firmware 17.0.1 and fw 18.0.0

Reactions: laz305

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol