Grand Theft Auto VI's first trailer confirms 2025 release date

Rockstar has changed the upload time for the teaser of Grand Theft Auto VI. Originally scheduled to go live tomorrow, the video was leaked early, with Rockstar sending a takedown notice, and then posting the trailer themselves. The minute-and-thirty-second teaser showcases what fans can expect to see in GTA VI, as well as showcasing its impressive graphics. At the end of the video, it's confirmed that GTA VI will be out sometime in 2025.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is looking really good, I'm pretty much sold.
I'm just hoping it won't be like GTA V. I had bought the game and got bored after about 5 to 10 hours or something, just wasn't for me in the end.

This made me think of Cyberpunk 2077 but set in our epoch, kind of a dystopia set in the near-future where lawlessness reigns over the US (let's not get political here).
Same for me with gta V

Beautiful game but ultimately that's not what makes games fun

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"clearly" i dont need to live in Florida to say a opinion about this trailer. Also everyone in Florida is like this? looks worse than some parts of Brazil then.

Florida man carrying live Alligator into convenience store
https://www.insider.com/florida-man-brought-alligator-to-convenience-store-2018-7?amp

Florida man pooping on death posum during rush hour
https://nypost.com/2023/11/19/news/...-on-dead-possum-during-rush-hour-traffic/amp/

this good enough for you?

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just hope that a PC version is available at launch, because I refuse to double dip again like I did with V

ohhh man what if I told you that's exactly why I have some bad news for you

Looks absolutely incredible as to be expected. I just hope the controls and mission structure (letting us use the sandbox with more creative freedom) get a huge overhaul over past R* games.

2025 is no surprise to me. Absolutely expected it.

To quote NakeyJakey, the current modern GTA / RDR2 mission structure is like a fixed lego building set that you can only complete one way, and is a stark contrast from the "lego bucket" mechanics that are in the open world of doing what you want

Last edited by stanleyopar2000,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Hope the radio stations in this are bangers. V didn't have enough diversity in music genres like IV or the PSP titles.
They might be getting lazy with it, some reports that the Joe Rogan podcast will be included. Not satire or an alternate version of it, mind, just the actual live podcast, presumably with real-world advertisements included.

kind of a dystopia set in the near-future where lawlessness reigns over the US
Near-future? That's just Florida as it is already. :lol:

• Sad
Reactions: Dud

Dud

Cheesehead
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might be getting lazy with it, some reports that the Joe Rogan podcast will be included. Not satire or an alternate version of it, mind, just the actual live podcast, presumably with real-world advertisements included.
That's just foul. I don't wanna be listening to IRL human toads or dystopian-type ads in my games.

Radio off experience, then. Or just Spotify.

Reactions: DuoForce and Xzi

PositiveOcelot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nice trailer overall, but I feel we are getting the same thing but just upgraded. What impressed me the most is the crowd density.

Hope they deliver to their promise.

DuoForce

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should've released the trailer one year from now because you know damn well this is getting delayed to 2026.

titan_tim

(Can't shut up)
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Coming out in 2025? That'll be close to the end of the PS5's lifecycle.

Just remember how things went with GTA5. They released it for the ps3. Soon after they released it for the PS4. Then they released it for the PS5.

Or just buy it once for PC.

Reactions: BigOnYa and CoolMe

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks amazing. Wonder if we'll get a XB/PS5 refresh before 2025 because it looks like it'd target 30fps

drazenm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest it looks weak. Nothing will ever beat part 4, from characters, dialogue, situations, story, radio stations, it's literally unbeatable. All I see here, as expected, all woke clownery boxes ticked, ahoy!

Reactions: britain4 and CoolMe

InsaneNutter

Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
GTA V was released almost 2 years after the first trailer, so I expected VI to be sometime (probably late) in 2025.

The trailer makes a great first impression that's for sure, lets hope its not rushed and worth the wait!

whitesword7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be honest it looks weak. Nothing will ever beat part 4, from characters, dialogue, situations, story, radio stations, it's literally unbeatable. All I see here, as expected, all woke clownery boxes ticked, ahoy!
this trailer is literally full of tits and ass with jiggle physics and you’re calling it “Woke” 😂😂😂

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work