Gaming Good "girlfriend" games? (Recommendations)

Kracken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My girlfriend has been having a good time with Animal Crossing NL. She wants to play some more games, but the ones I own aren't really her style or at a skill-level she can handle. Things like Fire Emblem don't really interest her yet. We both got new 3DS's, her mainly to play Animal Crossing.

Of the games I own I think Ace Attorney Trilogy might interest her. But other than that I don't have any other games she would like.

I've seen games suggested like

- Style Savvy: Trendsetters
- Pokemon X/Y
- Professor Layton (not sure which one, I haven't played a 3DS one yet)
- Fantasy Life (Is this very complicated as it pertains to RPG mechanics? I was interested in it myself so I'd be interested in buying this anyways)

Any other suggestions would help. It's hard to buy games for her since many times if a game starts out too complicated or hard she gets frustrated and won't touch it even if she is interested in playing it. So something with an easier start would be best.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Legend Of Zelda OOT3D/MM3D - has slight tough puzzles late game
Mario Kart 7 - simple racer
Shovel Knight - challenging platformer with a nice 80's feel
Kid Icarus Uprising - semi basic shooter

There are not that many good "simple" games on the 3DS.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hum... the list above is not what you are looking for. Things like Shovel Knight are meant for seasoned veterans, wtf are you even thinking.

Anyway, Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask is a very good idea, as one cannot really fail in it, while at the same time it offers a great story and a beautiful design. It's a sure hit. It also doesn't require previous knowledge of the series.

Kirby Triple Deluxe is pretty good, as it is a meaty game but is also quite mellow. Should go well.

Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi is actually an "otome" game, or a game for girls. It's a novel about crime investigations and finding love.

My girlfriend had a great time with Fire Emblem Awakening on Casual/Normal. The game goes from being a big challenge to being a nice war game with lots of romance and story. It's a bit more advanced, but should be fun.

Going back to the DS library some good recommendations would be:
* Super Scribblenauts (this is pretty much a 100% hit chance in Story mode)
* Time Hollow (interactive adventure, light and breezy)

And if all fails you can always check: http://www.englishotomegames.net/list

Rizzorules

"What are you doing?" "Something unexpected."
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Majoras Mask
Pokemon OR/AS
Super Smash Bros
Nintendogs
Mario Kart 7
New super mario 2
Super Mario Land
Lego Games
Wipeout
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Yoshis New Island
Kingdom Hearts

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

Foxchild

Goomba Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If she enjoys animal crossing, maybe one of the Harvest Moons? My wife doesn't game much, but she enjoys the layton games.

Kracken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My short list as of now is

- Story of Seasons (or the other HM 3DS games, although I've seen this one recommended a lot recently over the over previous games)
- Kirby Triple Deluxe (Seems like the consensus is that it's a fairly easy platformer and a good starter in the genre)
- Style Savvy
- Rune Factory 4
- Professor Layton
- Fantasy Life
- Disney's Magical World
- Ace Attorney Trilogy

Definitely not happening
- Shovel Knight (Not sure if they read the OP or was just trolling. I'm having trouble with the end of this game as it is)
- LoZ MM or OoT (I had to use a wiki to get through parts of these games when I played them)
- Scribblenauts (She didn't like the DS game at all)

As it pertains to DS games a few came to mind like Trauma Center and the visual novel/puzzle type games that were released like Hotel Dusk.

Tbone182a

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're considering Rune Factory, might as well add the Harvest Moon games to that list.
Other than that, my wife liked playing Order Up and some of the Cradle-of-titles (Rome, Egypt, etc. Basically match-3 titles)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tomodachi Life. My lady's been playing it religiously since I gave her my o3ds. I've got Animal Crossing on there for her too, but she hasn't even exited Tomodachi Life once...

Reactions: exangel

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
For a second, reading the thread tittle on the new post section, I though you were searching for games like "Love plus" or something of the sort LEL.

GaaraPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
India
Well, since no one's mentioned it, I will....

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

It's a nice turn-based RPG game that's not TOO HARD like other RPGs where you have to swap out armor and stuff and be mindful of stats, etc. It's a fun little game, interesting, DEFINITELY CHARMING :D

Kracken

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're considering Rune Factory, might as well add the Harvest Moon games to that list.
Other than that, my wife liked playing Order Up and some of the Cradle-of-titles (Rome, Egypt, etc. Basically match-3 titles)
I'm leaning toward Story of Seasons since I've seen more people say that game is a better "Harvest Moon" game than the last ones released on 3DS. Isn't it still part of the same series in Japan, but then renamed for NA?

Never heard of cradle-of games, I'll check it out.

Order up might be good, she got way into Cook Serve Delicious on ipad.

Tbone182a

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm leaning toward Story of Seasons since I've seen more people say that game is a better "Harvest Moon" game than the last ones released on 3DS. Isn't it still part of the same series in Japan, but then renamed for NA?
Rune Factory has more RPG and hack'n'slash elements in it iirc, Harvest Moon is more farming-and-dating.

Never heard of cradle-of games, I'll check it out.
I think there are two at the moment: Cradle of Rome 2 (http://www.amazon.com/Cradle-Rome-2-Nintendo-3DS/dp/B007W8S2GM) and Cradle of Egypt (http://www.metacritic.com/game/3ds/jewel-master-cradle-of-egypt-2-3d). US title might be Jewel Master, but I'm not 100% sure on whether that's a localization thing or not.

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bust-a-move Deluxe and PacMan/Galaga Dimensions. I fear for my N3DS' health every time my fiancee is playing them. Also, Puzzle and Dragons Mario Edition would probably fit in there too for those style of games.

Plants vs. Zombies was also quite fun, but a regular DS title.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wife is really into the Ace Attorney series (going through Dai Gyakuten Saiban together now!) and she really enjoyed Fantasy Life, Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Collection and enjoys music games (Taiko no Tatsujin, Ouendan, etc)

She tried getting into Layton and she liked it, but she says it's too hard for her!

Oh, and she seems to like the good Visual Novel titles (999, Zero Escape, 428, Time Travellers)

Reactions: MarkDarkness

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up