Gaming Good "girlfriend" games? (Recommendations)

romanaOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would make a strong recommendation for Fantasy Life. Got my wife into it pretty easily, and the multiplayer is fun, and easy to do as a couple.

Fantasy Life is incredibly tedious in that ALL the crafting is all basically silly timed button pushing. (I always think of Sawyer on Lost in a cage pulling a lever to get a dog biscuit when I play this dumb game.) Smithing plays a lot like fishing or mining. The cutscenes are incredibly longwinded and tedious. The music--unlike that of Animal Crossing which is pleasantly varied--is a chirpy and upbeat to the point where it will drive you nuts after about two hours.

Animal Crossing I have been playing in dribs and drabs for the last 6 months....The real time gameplay is what makes AC greater than HM for me. With Harvest Moon--just about any of them from GBA onwards--the fast time makes me want to play obsessively or not at all. The thing that makes AC so pleasant is the way it gradually reveals itself AND curbs obsessive behavior with diminishing returns. If only Harvest Moon (any of them: SoS, 2 towns, ANB) had real time game play, I might not be selling it on eBay in a month or two.

Story of Seasons really feels like a rushed version of New Beginning: there are typos, sometimes the animation seems sluggish, and I've been having crashes. (All my other games work fine, so I doubt it is the hardware.) Does 3D add anything to new HM? I doubt it. I find myself going back to the old DS version of Harvest Moon. The UI is a little tedious--weren't a lot of early DS games stylus crazy?-- but overall it was a wackier, more fun game. Something about the 3DS Harvest Moons just leaves me cold.

Back in the 80s and 90s, the "girlfriend games" I remember were Starflight II, Escape Velocity, Master Of Orion, High Seas Trader, Sierra Adventures (King's- and Space- quests) and Infocom. 3DS games, whether for girl- or boy- friend, seem a whole lot less literate and much more mindlessly repetitive.

Swing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Take in mind the audience of mindlessness we hafta---- nm my fiance loves Animal Crossing!!!!! =D

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Platforming:
Kirby triple deluxe, easy to beat, hard to master.
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - medium to beat, it also have the special item that gives invincibility in a stage when you're dying a lot on it. But it can be frustrating if the player doesn't know how to play a platformer.
Mario 3D Land, it's good to start to learn how to move in a 3D game.

Most of rhythm games that got translated, for 3DS I totally recommend Rhythm Thief (still waiting for Rhythm Thief 2 =/ ) and in September Hatsune Miku Mirai DX.
For DS, Ouendan games (it's import friendly), Taiko no Tatsujin (also import friendly), Elite Beat Agents and Rhythm Heaven.

I recommend Project X-Zone due to it being an easy sRPG, but it may not be effective if she doesn't know at least ten characters that are present in the game.

froggestspirit

Aspiring Game Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Style savvy, theres a 3DS one, and a DS one.
Kirby triple deluxe (or any kirby game really)
Magicians quest: mysterious times (It's a ds game a lot like animal crossing, but with magic too. The later games never made it to america)
Pokemon anything

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard Monster Hunter is a great choice for casual gamers! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Jokes aside, the first idea I had was Animal Crossing, but it seems that's what she plays already. Knowing the original DS games work, I would say any Pokemon game, I would personally recommend Soul Silver (Heart Gold). I can't stand the 3DS ones, the movement is just not right, but that's just me. The Kirby games are an amazing choice if you guys want to play something together! Great solo game as well! When she wants to take a step up in difficulty, Bravely Default, Chrono Trigger DS, or Fire Emblem Awakening on easy casual mode are great choices! JRPG's rocked the 90's, even with the casual audience as far as I remember.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As a 31 year old woman, I recommend
Bravely Default (A very cute art style JRPG with what I found to be a clear and interesting story & innovative combat system- it took me about 77 hours to beat it with the true ending, which was required for New Game+)
Tomodachi Life (It can be quite a soap opera, which makes it pretty funny and surprisingly satisfying)
Animal Crossing (doing Island tours multiplayer can be fun)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 (it is so much more fun than the old school ones for me because I'm not very good at platformers and this one is more forgiving)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate but let her decide - if this is a game you'd be playing with her multiplayer, then all the better

I have a lot more games than this but these are the ones that I play enough to solidly recommend, and most of them have demos in the eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou