• Start date
  • Views 6,273
  • Replies 62
D

Deleted User

OP
Source Ripten

QUOTE said:
Jack Thompson - the disbarred Florida attorney that loves to hate games - is back and is as chirpy as ever. His latest message: 'Gamers can go to hell'.

Hold on, that's not all.

Jolly Mr. Thompson is claiming a personal victory over EA's decision to ditch the Taliban in Medal of Honor's multiplayer mode. Shh - no s[censored]ing at the back.

You will likely be aware of EA's recent decision to rename the Taliban forces of its multiplayer mode to the 'Opposing Force' following widespread controversy, and apparently after having received "notes from gamers, active military, and friends and family of servicemen and women currently deployed overseas".

Prior to the change, Thompson has embarked on his usual mission to bring down the adult game, writing a letter to the US Secretary of Defense urging him to "do what is necessary, proper, and legal to stop the release of Medal of Honor", on the basis that it serves as a "demonstrable danger to our troops by providing a training tool for those who wish to kill them."

Yes, according to Jack, the Taliban are going to be all over Medal of Honor for training. Not any of the other military shooter sims out there; just EA's one.

Anyway, EA ditched the Taliban change. And Thompson's graceful response to that?

"I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don't think so and who don't appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell."

Nice. So it was all Thompson's doing then. Sure it was, mate. There's more.

"And please add: Any gamers that don't know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I'll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly."

For the purposes of this story and in anticipation of the comedy, we've unblocked four-letter expletives in the forum below.*

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes! Jack's back! It's been awfully quiet around here.

Patcher's okay for entertainment, but he got old fast.

D

Deleted User

OP
Trulen said:
Yes! Jack's back! It's been awfully quiet around here.

Patcher's okay for entertainment, but he got old fast.
to quote Pachter "Hahaha no more Xbox 720 for you! OnLive is cool."

and what about Molyneux?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What a douche. He thinks making a company change the name of their enemy is a win? And that talibans are going to use it to train themselves? What is he smoking.

D

Deleted User

OP
I swear NARUT024780257207205750237057 FR34242497592475925729K also said "I win again."

Just look what happened to him it.

Don't take the same path, Jack.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Same old same old with ole Jacko the Wacko.

010haters.jpg

QUOTE said:
"And please add: Any gamers that don't know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I'll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly."
"If you don't know how to die in a fire, let me know and I'll come over and kill you." Basically. Someone should sue him for making death threats.
nyanya.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
"I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don't think so and who don't appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell."

Sorry Thompson, I failed to see how censoring protects our culture. All I can see is that you undermine the First Amendment to US Constitution.

Seriously, Florida Supreme Court should have throw this person into jail for going against disbarment. An ex-lawyer who violates the law rather than protecting it.

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Haha, what a real life troll
smile.gif
But, what's with the censor thingy? is nicker a bad word?
Edit: nope? is it s[censored]ing? OOooooh, I'd call it "snickering" but somehow they got the N-word in there :S

Warrior522

"In all things, balance."
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Issac said:
Haha, what a real life troll
smile.gif
But, what's with the censor thingy? is nicker a bad word?
Edit: nope? is it s[censored]ing? OOooooh, I'd call it "snickering" but somehow they got the N-word in there :S

The Scunthorpe dilemma. It's the British spelling, mind...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol