Giving away my WiiU with Tiramisu

helado123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello there! I was using haxchi a month ago and now I moved to TIramisu. I´m planning to give away my WiiU to a nephew... what would be the best way to do it? I saw somewhere that deleting your NNID while using ColdBoot might brick the console so... can this happen with Tiramisu? I´d like to give it to him with all the stuff it has right now (Tiramisu, Homebrew, games, etc) but I don´t want to let my NNID linked to it. The WiiU can be used without any NNID linked to it?

Thanks.

OldWiiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for the response V10lator. Is there any value in holding on to a NNID? Sorry I am not overly familar with them as I don't think the Wii had them?

If I ever buy a Nintendo Switch can I just set up a new NNID for it?

I know I also have a Nintendo Account on the website. Does the WiiU also use that? I can't remember if I had to use that when I set up the WiiU.

If I did do a format and then logged back in with the same NNID would the games then be visible?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there any value in holding on to a NNID?
It's the Nintendo Network ID, so you need it for anything online (like eShop. Pirated content is seen as eShop purchase, so linked to the NNID who installed it).
Thanks for the response V10lator. Is there any value in holding on to a NNID? Sorry I am not overly familar with them as I don't think the Wii had them?

Sure.
I know I also have a Nintendo Account on the website. Does the WiiU also use that? I can't remember if I had to use that when I set up the WiiU.
Also Not sure but IIRC they are linked, yea.

If I did do a format and then logged back in with the same NNID would the games then be visible?
No as other data changed and nintendo is a b*th.

helado123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It's the Nintendo Network ID, so you need it for anything online (like eShop. Pirated content is seen as eShop purchase, so linked to the NNID who installed it).
Mmm... I just unlinked the two NNIDs I had on my WiiU and all the content (games both original and not) are still playable... do you know why this is happening? Is it a Tiramisu feature or something?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, most likely just me being stupid. 🙈 So sorry, was probably wrong with the statement that games are linked to the NNID.

helado123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No, most likely just me being stupid. 🙈 So sorry, was probably wrong with the statement that games are linked to the NNID.
what if... i install a game via NUSspli while there´s no NNID linked to my WiiU, do you think I could get banned or something?

OldWiiGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Mmm... I just unlinked the two NNIDs I had on my WiiU and all the content (games both original and not) are still playable... do you know why this is happening? Is it a Tiramisu feature or something?

Wait...it's possible to have multiple NNIDs on a single WiiU... I really need to do some more reading on this.

Last edited by OldWiiGamer,

helado123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No higher ban risk than while using NUSspli normally. Am courious if installation would fail or if the newly installed game isn't playable so just try and tell us the result?
Interesting... so I was able to install a game, it worked fine (all the process without a NNID linked). Now when I get in the NUSspli app I´m getting an error "Could not resolve hostname" or something like that. I restarted the console and now it worked again, do you think the hostname error was just a coincidence and not-realted? Also with the error it showed a website server I think I dont remember it exactly but it was like "....eshop.com"

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Interesting... so I was able to install a game, it worked fine (all the process without a NNID linked). Now when I get in the NUSspli app I´m getting an error "Could not resolve hostname" or something like that. I restarted the console and now it worked again, do you think the hostname error was just a coincidence and not-realted? Also with the error it showed a website server I think I dont remember it exactly but it was like "....eshop.com"
Probably just a coincidence, maybe it hadn't connected to the wifi yet.

The Wii U doesn't use Nintendo Accounts, but you can link a Nintendo Account and NNID together, and by doing that, when you use a Nintendo Switch with the same Nintendo Account, you can see your list of Wii U friends that you had tied to the NNID and send them a friend request to add them on Switch.
Otherwise there is not much you gain from using a Nintendo Account with a NNID linked on the Switch.
The Wii U only uses NNIDs, and the Switch only uses Nintendo Accounts. I don't know why Nintendo feels the need to completely redo the online system for each new console. Just do it once and do it right. The NNID system was almost perfect, it used usernames not those stupid friend codes so it was easy to send friend requests to people. Of course it was lacking in functionality compared to other consoles but they could have extended it with added functionality over time. Bringing friend codes back on the Switch was a big step backwards. But I digress.

Reactions: jeannotte

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto