Gaming Gifting Nintendo Switch games

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah cause an awesome tablet with a touchscreen is not good enough to use for messaging friends :)
Personally I would rather enjoy setting up game dates and messaging on my phone while at work or whatnot. I will not always have my Switch on my person, whereas my phone never leaves me. I think they thought it through quite brilliantly imo.

Shadowfied

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I would rather enjoy setting up game dates and messaging on my phone while at work or whatnot. I will not always have my Switch on my person, whereas my phone never leaves me. I think they thought it through quite brilliantly imo.
I'm not saying THAT is bad, I'm saying it's bad that you can't do the same things on the fucking console. Mobile apps like the Steam one are awesome, but it sure as hell does not justify not being able to talk to each other on the console.

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Svalbard
Nah, I don't own a switch. If you don't have a switch system linked you cannot even reach the checkout page. They don't even let you explain why you would want the game without owning the main system.

You can buy him the game from that website if you can get his account login details, that way you can buy it for him.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The best option I can see in this is to buy yourself an eShop redeemable card.
Go to your friends, ask him to play a bit on the Switch, but instead enter the eShop, redeem the card and download Snake Pass with the card's points.
I am not sure how pricy Snake pass is, but I assume maybe a 10$ card might do it since it's an indie game.
And you might have some spare points in the account as well.

Sadly, that's the only option I see if you really want to force that game as a gift, because Nintendo currently has no gift system in the eShop.
It's one of the things that just baffled me about the current eShop system.

9thSage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or you can wait for Amazon to start selling Switch download codes.
The irritating thing is that you CAN buy digital versions of some games (for example Zelda and the DLC pass), so it probably could be done, they just don't have any digital only stuff up there as far as I can tell.

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember when gifting games was possible on the Wii. Those were the good days (Not really, I only did it s couple of times at most)

P.S. you may want to check with Best Buy it Amazon. I vaguely remember them being able to sell digital codes of retail games. Wouldn't hurt to call customer service and check first.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Log into his nintendo account from a web browser, you can buy games that way. Unfortunately i don't think you get a code to redeem download, i think it just auto downloads from system that account is linked to much like playstation store and the active consoles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, she means grow more
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    farrrrrrrrrrrt
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @AncientBoi I imagine it don't make the fart sound anymore, probably sounds more like letting go of a balloon you just blew up.
    +3
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Tell her to grow a pair. :rofl2:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, you played any Sega genesis games?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty I remember getting a Genesis for Xmas, when I was your age, 13-14. Some cool games and good memories. Metal Gear, and Sonic were the games I played the most on it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, metal gear didnt come out for genesis
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of it on Nes or Snes then.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Hmm, maybe I'm thinking of it on Nes or Snes then. +1