Get the Mew event at home!

Due to the recent pokemon distribution, and the inefficiency of Nintendo France, I added the GAME Spain Nintendo Zone in my NbaHomePass program. It is now possible to simulate this Nintendo Zone and then get a code to receive the event.

I. Set up NbaHomePass

First you are going to need the program itself, you can download it here : http://mrnbayoh.tumblr.com/downloads (don't forget to download the BASE256.txt).

Then put the two files in a folder.
Open a command prompt and enter : "cd PATH" where PATH is the path to the folder containing the file.
You can now write : "nbahomepass.exe base256.txt false XXX XXX" where XXX is a number that does not matter if your are not going to homepass.
Then press enter, le program will start and continue the configuration until you see : "Starting hosted network...".

II. Get the code

Before doing anything, delete your main wifi connection from the 3DS, or prevent it to connect to your home wifi by changing the SSID for example.
Then power on your console, you should see a message saying you that the Nintendo Zone service is available.
Open the Nintendo Zone app, and then you will see the event ad, just click on the middle button of the screen and you will get the code.
You can now receive your event!

I am sorry if the tutorial is a little bit quick but I have currently some exams. I just wanted to make the thing doable by everyone.

Ekaitz

Redhead Believer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you have an extra wifi dongle or did you just use the internal wi-fi card? I can't make it work and it really upsets me.

I used the built-in wi-fi card of my Mac. I booted onto Windows to use NbaHomePass.
I used my Android phone with USB tethering. Windows considered it as an ethernet network.

Here is what I did, if it can help you or someone else, I don't know... Anyway:

Before attempting to launch NbaHomePass, I created a virtual network.
I typed that (cmd, launched as administrator obviously):
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=test key=12345678
(I don't think we care about the ssid and the key... I used random things lol)

Then
cd C:\HomePass
(This is where I put NbaHomePass and base256.txt)

and:
NbaHomePass.exe base256.txt false 0 0

The cmd turned white.
I had only one choice: 0. Ethernet
I typed 0 and pressed enter.

I arrived at the service selection, I typed 3 and pressed enter. (GAME Spain)

There was a resume of all the informations about my configuration. Just pressed enter again.
"Starting hosted network..." appeared. Don't touch anything. (Don't press any button)

Then on the 3DS, Nintendo Zone app. Launch it, and then you arrived on this beautiful Mew ad!

To stop NbaHomePass, I just unplugged my phone and it auto-closed. ;)

Reactions: Grim Ripper

joimme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used the built-in wi-fi card of my Mac. I booted onto Windows to use NbaHomePass.
I used my Android phone with USB tethering. Windows considered it as an ethernet network.

Here is what I did, if it can help you or someone else, I don't know... Anyway:

Before attempting to launch NbaHomePass, I created a virtual network.
I typed that (cmd, launched as administrator obviously):
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=test key=12345678
(I don't think we care about the ssid and the key... I used random things lol)

Then
cd C:\HomePass
(This is where I put NbaHomePass and base256.txt)

and:
NbaHomePass.exe base256.txt false 0 0

The cmd turned white.
I had only one choice: 0. Ethernet
I typed 0 and pressed enter.

I arrived at the service selection, I typed 3 and pressed enter. (GAME Spain)

There was a resume of all the informations about my configuration. Just pressed enter again.
"Starting hosted network..." appeared. Don't touch anything. (Don't press any button)

Then on the 3DS, Nintendo Zone app. Launch it, and then you arrived on this beautiful Mew ad!

To stop NbaHomePass, I just unplugged my phone and it auto-closed. ;)

Thank you for your answers. But I get an error from NBA home pass saying that I'm missing some dll file. Any ideas?

theNazze

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi guys, any help here?
I'm basically doing everything succesfully until the point where I try to connect to Nintendo Zone. I get the notification that Nintendo Zone is available, but when I try to connect I get the error 003-1105 and the connection fails.

Stack3r

Shizuo Heiwajima
Trophies
XP
Due to the recent pokemon distribution, and the inefficiency of Nintendo France, I added the GAME Spain Nintendo Zone in my NbaHomePass program. It is now possible to simulate this Nintendo Zone and then get a code to receive the event.
So Pokemon Center and GAME do not work on firmware higher than 10.0? And what are they supposed to do exactly

Ikki Barri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! Much like Ekaitz above, I set up a hosted network using my wifi connection. Leaving instructions just in case they might be helpful.

Open a cmd prompt in admin mode and type

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid="wireless" key="passphrase" keyUsage=persistent

press enter then type

netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Go to Control Panel and select Change adapter settings

You must disable all connections except your wifi adapter. Select this and go to properties, sharing. Select the new hosted network to share to.

Then open cmd prompt again and run the nba script.

BTW: FNAC Belgium is giving me Style Boutique 2 and not Pokemon.

@Slasher115 Your console has to be on the latest firmware to connect to the Nintendo zone. Wouldn't work for me on anything but 10.5. Emunand is fine.

Last edited by Ikki Barri,
Reactions: Grim Ripper

TheReflex

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi guys, any help here?
I'm basically doing everything succesfully until the point where I try to connect to Nintendo Zone. I get the notification that Nintendo Zone is available, but when I try to connect I get the error 003-1105 and the connection fails.

What Nintendo Zone did you use? I got the same thing as you when I tried the 'MarcoPolo' (what country is this?) one. I managed to get a code with the GAME Spain one. Belgium does indeed give Style Boutique 2 and the Pokémon Center (I think it was Pokémon Center, the SSID name began with pc) one gave me a Japanese menu of ads.

theNazze

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
What Nintendo Zone did you use? I got the same thing as you when I tried the 'MarcoPolo' (what country is this?) one. I managed to get a code with the GAME Spain one. Belgium does indeed give Style Boutique 2 and the Pokémon Center (I think it was Pokémon Center, the SSID name began with pc) one gave me a Japanese menu of ads.
I used GAME Spain (also tried the other ones just in case, no luck).

TheReflex

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I used GAME Spain (also tried the other ones just in case, no luck).

Hmm, are you sure you shared your Wireless Connection with Wireless Connection 2 (or 3, or whatever it is called) in your Network Centre? Because that's the only thing I can think of.

Ikki Barri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realised after I posted last night that the OP says that GAME Spain was added in order to be able to get Mew, so that's the only option to get it.

@theNazze I had that happen at first too. It wasn't until I disabled the Ethernet connections under "change adapter settings" that the Nintendo Zone worked fully. Also, I had to load the zone app from the home menu for connection to work. Going in to the app and then choosing connect from within it produces that error also.

Also, there was no need to change any internet connections on the 3DS for me. I guess the spoofed connection has the same settings as the shared connection oe else the settings don't matter.

Last edited by Ikki Barri,

andrexd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does n3ds has Nintendo zone app?

Edit: nvm, it appeared in the menu when i connected the hostednetwork

Last edited by andrexd,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat