Homebrew GC and LU64????

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everytime I try to load backup Gamecube games through Loaders I get a read error. My discs wont read. I know it has to do with my LU64 Wii. I have cmios v8 installed. Is there a fix or something? I am trying to use Multigame ISO BTW.

Emeraldman94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have even tried just one game on a disc. Does anybody have a Lu64+ Wii that can read game cube backups??? I need a fix ore something. Please I always get failed to read dvd 263. and some error. Now I just get the GC backup loader screen then after it loads the DVD I get green screen and then a restart. The games and disc should not be a problem. I used on and older Wii I had. I tried all cMios and no luck. My GCBackup up loader is .2 but I tried a whole bunch.

moerik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Emeraldman94 said:
I have even tried just one game on a disc. Does anybody have a Lu64+ Wii that can read game cube backups??? I need a fix ore something. Please I always get failed to read dvd 263. and some error. Now I just get the GC backup loader screen then after it loads the DVD I get green screen and then a restart. The games and disc should not be a problem. I used on and older Wii I had. I tried all cMios and no luck. My GCBackup up loader is .2 but I tried a whole bunch.
could you check this Q&A, it could be the problem...

-What cIos do you have?
-if you have cIos 15 rev, i t won't load properly.

-What kind of dvd do you use?
-use dvd-r, not dvd+r(+rw, +rww, etc...)

xaxa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Having an LU64+ Wii does not necessarily mean you are unable to play disk backups. What you need to worry about is Wiis with the D3-2 drive (which started to go into circulation with 64+ models).

If you do have the D3-2 drive, then there is no way you can play GC backups at all, unless you take out the drive and replace it.

edit: Check out this compatibility list and see if the game(s) you want to play need some kind of special procedure.

wilmarbastos

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, sorry by up this post...

I want to install cMIOS on my LU64, should i install like any other serial or the LU64+ has some warning?

tks

givemesomewiistu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an early Lu64...but you probably have a later Lu64 with the new dvd drive that cannot read backup disks. I think a certain modchip can fix that though

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'(