OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
clubhouse%20games%20tournament.jpg
Congrats to Escape for winning my CHG Tournament.

Thanks for playing guys. Next time I host a tournament, it'll be on a much grander scale with prizes worth killing opponents over (prizes at least worth $300). Can't say for sure when I'll be doing that one though. Maybe summer of '11. Although by then I'll be in the military with a job. So I'll only be able to fund/organize the structure. There would have to be help from the GBAtemp community. So many things to think about...

See you next time!
wink.gif

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gbatemp-wifinight.png

Come one, come all and join in a wide array of online games and chat with your GBAtemp buddies.
grog.gif

Join and suggest a game you want to play.​

Now hosted by Another World GBAtemp.net hosts a night of gaming action, beginning at TBA (Make sure to check what time it will be in your area with
snip*) Hope to see you there!
wink.gif

Please read: Gamer Nights Announcements

How to join in:

Click here to gain access to the GBAtemp chatroom portal and from there click on "Java applet" and the "Start Applet" button. You'll now be in our #gbatemp.net channel. By typing in the following command: "/j gbatemp-wifi" you will be switched to our WiFi channel where you'll be able to find fellow members to play against.

If you don't have an IRC client we recommend you download mIRC and follow this tutorial (replacing "#gbatemp.net" with "#gbatemp-wifi"). Also the server is irc2.gbatemp.net, not irc.gbatemp.net anymore.

Once connected, simply state the games you have available for playing and if someone is able to face you, exchange friend codes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[title:Past tournaments:]
bombtou5r.png

Tournament is over! Congrats to the winner of the tournament: Nintendude92
Bomberman 2 Tournament final bracket here

RESULTS OF THE TETRIS TOURNAMENT:

bracke2.jpg

Further discussion on the Wi-fi Nights can be placed in this thread, feedback is always appreciated!
smile.gif

Sonicslasher

In Law we trust.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raiyu245 said:
wouldn't it be better if people had the choice to select what they win in the tournament that's under $15 from Deal Extreme or something? Just a thought..

Those are just some of the possibilities, they can get anything they want that is $15 or less
smile.gif

Cablephish

Show me...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I wanna sign up too. My L and R buttons are screwed up, so I'm not too good for FPS, but what the heck, I'll give it a try.

I'm sure it'll turn out to be quite a hootnanny.

minoplis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This looks promising, I'll certainly will make everything possible to participate in the future, for now is not possible, I still don't have a month of membership plus my wi-fi adaptor hasn't arrived yet, but I'll probably be joining soon
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!