GBAtemp V5 is online!

Dear Tempers,

The GBAtemp Team is happy to present the Fifth version of GBAtemp (this isn't even its final form!). TJ and I have been working on it for months and it's finally ready for you to use. There are tons of changes so I will only highlight the biggest ones, and you'll discover the rest by yourself over time.

A new homepage
We have created a brand new customizable and modern homepage. Its layout can be adjusted to fit your personal preference - move your mouse over the "Home" menu item and click "Customize your portal" to make your changes.

New site skin
We have updated the site and forum skin to look more modern with new colors and fonts. Both skins have been updated (light & dark). We are still working out the kinks, we are aware of a few minor issues, not everything's perfect yet but in time we'll get there!

Mobile friendly browsing
Finally you can browse GBAtemp on your mobile devices... without Tapatalk! Our new skin is fully responsive, just try it, it looks fantastic! All site features are supported, including the dark theme.

Ask GBAtemp!
If you have been around long enough you already know what this is. But for the others: Ask GBAtemp is a place where you can ask simple questions and get direct answers, in a similar manner to Yahoo Answers. There are already thousands of questions back from a few years ago, and it's now time to get back at it! Go ahead and ask your questions if you've got any.

Board upgrade
We have updated our forum software to the latest version, and this brings a lot of improvements on all fronts. The biggest and most noticeable improvements are:
- a new message editor supporting image paste and drag & drop
- watching a forum to get notifications when new posts are made
- multi-quote and selective quoting
- thread-wide bans... whoops, this is going to come in handy for the mod team
- online status indicator on avatars

We hope you will enjoy browsing the new and improved GBAtemp. Feel free to reply to this thread to give us feedback. Many thanks to tj_cool for doing most of the work!

A discussion forum has been created to centralize discussions revolving around GBAtemp v5. Click here to access it! We have already created several thread about known issues.

Costello & the GBAtemp Team

logo.png

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This is going to take some time to get used to, but it's all good :) Nice work guys!

The front page is sooo busy at the moment, but I'll see how it can be customized soon :)

Reactions: nxwing

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Wait, it's possible to remove the sponsor on the front page... shouldn't that be "forced" to be there? For the sponsor's sake I mean?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Assuming you mean the front page, it's still customizable.
I know that, but there's some things you could do with the customization on v4 that you can't anymore. The left bar with the forum links can't be removed (although I guess I can adblock it), you can't have two columns side by side at the top, then one big news column at the bottom, the right column is same size as left now, the recent threads view no longer expands when you put it on the right, the news view is a little too dense now imo.

vayanui8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like it if we could move the forums bar from the left to the top. I feel like it leaves things to empty over there while everything else is pretty crowded

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I like it so far and I like the ability to customize my home screen but it's also slightly bugged.

For example when you place items at the top it's actually not at the top of the page but below those banners. Also another issue are the forum links on the left which take up space.

I think what would make more sense is to remove those boxes up top and place the forum links there instead which would free up space on the top and left side of the page. That way we'd be able to correctly place items on the top, left, center, or right of the page.

*EDIT* Also could you add a bottom to the home page? it'd be nice to put stuff like the polls and stats there or notes (which is nice btw).

Reactions: vayanui8 and nxwing

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
users who disabled "rich text editor" on v4 should re-enable it now.
The new rich text editor is not bad and has a switch to go rich/raw bbcode (and smiley button is only on the rich one).

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My eyes...

On a more a more constructive note, you guys might want to adjust the main page, looks garbage past 1080p when ~50% of your screen is just the side borders due to css formatting.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto