GBATemp TempDB is down?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 14,409
  • Replies 29
D

Deleted User

OP
So the GBATemp TempDB Cheats Database is down? What happened? All the grateful cheat-code users out there that use the database are out in the dark. elixirdream's great work is gone, without a trace that it was there. Well, what happened to it? Did it get moved/deleted? I hope a flame isn't coming my way if it was deleted *brace* . I clicked on my bookmark - http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/ and got:

500 Internal Server Error
nginx/0.7.64

I'm guessing by 'Internal' that it isn't an error on my part.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Berthenk said:
Ah, I was already wondering when it as going to happen. I think it's not only the whiners and flamers that made him stop with what he did.
Dem wankers over at GameFAQS stole codes from the database and claimed them to be their own. He has warned them but they still continued their ungrateful activities. It's too bad that elixirdream has quit, but there's nothing we can do about it, so please, don't bug him with it.
Maybe he'll come back when a game he wubs is released. You never know...

GameFAQ forums are the scum of society. They should be closed down, seriously.

Sorry to see you go, Elixir, and thanks for all the codes you've given us throughout the year(s).
smile.gif

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
HBK said:
GameFAQ forums are the scum of society. They should be closed down, seriously.

Sorry to see you go, Elixir, and thanks for all the codes you've given us throughout the year(s).
smile.gif

I enjoy the forums but many GameFAQs users are far too fanboy and/or psychotic for my liking. Many of the rules and moderators aren't much cop either!

Take a well deserved break elixir.

blacksniper

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I for one would like to see the database handed over to the users in a wiki like fashion. Anyone could upload a code but there would be a group of dedicated content checkers that would be in charge of integrity. I always thought it was silly to have just one person in charge of it... frankly it's amazing he didn't snap earlier. Of course, if such a wiki route was taken I'd like to see a "nightly" build and a weekly "official" build. Nightly being the user added content unedited by the quality control and kept updated on a daily basis. With official being the build supported by the site and quality controlled (no wrong or removed codes for no reason).

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
blacksniper said:
I for one would like to see the database handed over to the users in a wiki like fashion. Anyone could upload a code but there would be a group of dedicated content checkers that would be in charge of integrity. I always thought it was silly to have just one person in charge of it... frankly it's amazing he didn't snap earlier. Of course, if such a wiki route was taken I'd like to see a "nightly" build and a weekly "official" build. Nightly being the user added content unedited by the quality control and kept updated on a daily basis. With official being the build supported by the site and quality controlled (no wrong or removed codes for no reason).

problem with that would be the number of checkers, and if u bum around in the forum, u will noticed the "huge" number of experienced people who knows what they are talking about, so if they did it in a wiki way, it will turn into a huge workload for those guys when any tom, dick, or harry would be dumping codes that they think it work..

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
:/ Thanks Elixir, you've been a great friend and awesome coder. You've provided all of GBATemp with your amazing cheat database and helpful insight. I know we don't say it often but we really do appreciate it, its like that extra luxury that GBATemp allows you to have and you maintained it for so long when no one else would. If this is really is goodbye, then I hope someone else will rise up and take your place. If not, then I'm sure Costello wouldn't mind making you part of the cheat staff, right Costello? *wink wink* Come on, you know the kid deserves it
wink.gif

Sonia

Resident Bikini Gal
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow... this is sad news. Sorry to see you go, Elixir, but I admire and am grateful for all of the hard work you've done. (I really do admire you for handling all that crap you've had to put up with for SO long. Really, that's amazing.)

May you have a happy and relaxing retirement! We'll miss you, man.

But some of these posts bug me. "Boo! No more codes!" Good grief, learn how to code yourself. It will be hard, yes, but the fruits of your labor will be worth it. :T

I've tried to do so myself but I was never good at algebra or math, so my efforts always sucked and ended in failure.
(Then again, my first attempt was PKMN Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Darkness. An HP code was too much for me, but then again, even an experienced hacker told me that that one was a bit difficult to hack.)

Anyways, my point is that there is all kinds of wikis and how to websites explaining how to hack game systems and such.
Don't whine, just do it.

D

Deleted User

OP
Wow... this is sad news. Sorry to see you go, Elixir, but I admire and am grateful for all of the hard work you've done. (I really do admire you for handling all that crap you've had to put up with for SO long. Really, that's amazing.)

May you have a happy and relaxing retirement! We'll miss you, man.

But some of these posts bug me. "Boo! No more codes!" Good grief, learn how to code yourself. It will be hard, yes, but the fruits of your labor will be worth it. :T

I've tried to do so myself but I was never good at algebra or math, so my efforts always sucked and ended in failure.
(Then again, my first attempt was PKMN Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time and Darkness. An HP code was too much for me, but then again, even an experienced hacker told me that that one was a bit difficult to hack.)

Anyways, my point is that there is all kinds of wikis and how to websites explaining how to hack game systems and such.
Don't whine, just do it.
you know that the last post was 2 years ago?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs