Gaming GBAtemp Steam Community!

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
I agree with that juggernaut911 we have 91 members and it is growing every day we should start a GBAtemp Team fortress 2 Clan. www.gameservers.com are doing 24 player private TF2 servers for $27.95 (approx £14.48) a month with 25 player Teamspeak. We need sponsors or the players to chip in the funds. Private means password protected so only players with the password can connect.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just saw the announcement on the group being a year old with 101 members, congrats about it.

Btw, any idea who were the 100th and 101th members to join?

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yay, I feel so special being one member after the 100th =)

But yea, congrats again, and hope more members join GBATemp's Steam community.

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do I do, my mom did something to my computer that I need a password to see I Explorer. I have the password but I use Firefox so I can see the web but not put in a password all the time. Now when I open steam, it says "Navigation to the webpage was canceled" and I now for a fact that It's the password thing. How do I take it off?

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
mod_headerTemplate.png

Portal Prelude, the unofficial prequel to Portal, hit the internet a few days ago (9/10/08).
QUOTE said:
Portal: Prelude, as its name states it, is an unofficial prequel to the game Portal. Its story revolves around the pre-GlaDOS epoch, even before she was plugged in. At this time, test subjects were monitored by real Aperture Science employees whose work was tedious, lengthy and repetitive. This is why they decided to build a great artificial intelligence that could both replace them in these difficult tasks, but also take responsibility for many other tasks within the complex and compete with Black Mesa's superiority. All employees of the Aperture Science complex are now eagerly awaiting GlaDOS. Maybe even a little too eagerly, as the upcoming events will tell...

I have been playing it and first, I want to say that the level design is amazing. I’m not sure how much of it is the developers work and how much of it is left overs from Valve, but it looks fantastic. However, the stellar presentation is offset by the absurdly difficult puzzles. In the original Portal, the puzzles gradually grew more difficult as you progressed and learned how to execute new moves. In Portal Prelude, however, test chamber three might be insanely hard while test chamber sixteen is a breeze. If you enjoyed Portal you will love this.

Portal Prelude Trailer.

More info and full download (original copy of Portal and Steam needed to play) http://www.portalprelude.com/

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've had a little play with it, made me feel a little ill after around an hour, possibly from motion sickness and that I was playing around with WiiQuake beforehand but the game does give the same spooky-like atmosphere and the voice-acting adds to it as well. New ideas have been implemented such as being thrown off (thinking-wise) when working on a puzzle but all in all so far, it seems to be a pretty nice mod. For those wanting to try out the mod, it's highly suggested that you've completed the original Portal to get the feel to the controls since there's no introductory level or anything.

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Dumb question, but is it possible to play non-steam games from any computer? I tried downloading Steam on my laptop to play a game from my desktop and none of my games showed up in the list. I feel so slow.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
In the new steam update (the one that came out today) it has

Added support for registering CD keys that do not contain any games
Added support for running an external process when Verifying or Deleting a game

what do either of these mean exactly?

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Install the game on your laptop the same way you installed it on your desktop. Open steam on the laptop then the "Games" menu at the top click "Add non-steam game to My Games list..".
A list will Pop up with all the games and software installed on the laptop. Check the Box for the game and it will be added. If it is not in the list click "Browse" search for the games launcher in C:/Program files/..... if you use Windows.

Kyusuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I would join the GBATemp-a-thon on Left 4 Dead on release day...if it wasn't for the EU having to wait another 3 days for the release over here =( I'll join in once I get my pre-order (no, I don't intend to download any DVD9 size games off steam, I rather just get the DVD).

Lee79

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Is it safe to update a modded ps3? Can I play online in pirated games? (with ps3hen either...