Homebrew GBA WiFi?

Sh!fT_23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there anyone who knows if it's possible (or somebody's already done it) for someone to make a patch for a GBA ROM or even a GBC or GB ROM so you can use the WiFi connection on the DS to play multiplayer games instead of the single player? With a few of the older games (like pokemon for example) some of the fun is taken away with a lack of multiplayer support.
Thanks in advance for the help.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, once the DS enters GBA mode, all the DS-specific features are turned off entirely, including the touchscreen, extra resolution, and wifi. In theory a GB/GBC emulator could do it, but due to the latency and unreliability of wifi, it probably wouldn't work too well. A more successful approach would be to actually emulate two GBCs on the same DS (one per screen perhaps), which would guarantee that the timings weren't off, but this wouldn't be too useful for actual multiplayer gaming.

Sh!fT_23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well thanks for that, pretty much clears that up for me. BTW nice explanation guys, now I understand some more about the DS (always useful). Anyway, cheers for the fast and helpful responses.

Sh!fT_23

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't even know Wii could play Game Cube. My mate has one and he said he tried and didn't work. Perhaps just a bad disc, he does take pretty poor care of them. Anyway, good to know.

Ragone

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
sh!ft said:
I didn't even know Wii could play Game Cube. My mate has one and he said he tried and didn't work. Perhaps just a bad disc, he does take pretty poor care of them. Anyway, good to know.
lol

imz

GBAtemp's vigilante
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I believe you're referring to wi-fi tunneling? Team X link once claimed that they managed to do it with DS games but never revealed how and I haven't heard from them since

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SnowStormAkikaze @ SnowStormAkikaze: Hey, Red thank you, I will try that I use atmosphere and it look good XD