Hacking Gateways site down?

GeorgeAria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently emailed Gateway about helping me fix my bricked 3ds and they gave me an interesting response. I told them upfront that I used Normatt's launcher, which explains what they were talking about in the beginning.

"We won't repair it. Normatt (clone main engineer) might have done that on
purpose. If we repair their on purpose damage, we go bankrupt. Contact him for
the fix. We really want to stand by our customers, but only those who follow
instructions, as we might even expect more from those guys in future, and we
want to be able to stay alive. Just yesterday again our site was down and under
attack... we don't know who did it, but we have a guess."

At the end, it seems like they are claiming that their site went down because of an attack from someone they might know. Thoughts?

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently emailed Gateway about helping me fix my bricked 3ds and they gave me an interesting response. I told them upfront that I used Normatt's launcher, which explains what they were talking about in the beginning.

At the end, it seems like they are claiming that their site went down because of an attack from someone they might know. Thoughts?

Huh, very interesting tidbit, looks like there's more to it than meets the eye..... :huh:

Huntereb

Trophies
Website
lewd.pics
XP
Country
United States

Lol @ their response. Them getting hacked sounds possible, considering what they've stirred up, but it could also just be a lie to make others look bad. This seems like a normal thing for them now, which is a shame.

Lestworth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been kinda fun reading all this crap about Gateway and the community.TBH i would not be surprised if they try to use this attack on their webpage and use it to garner a positive light. Though it baffles me that some people support the option for Gateway to willingly apply code to brick your console if you attempt other clones. Last i checked its all illegal to a degree regardless so gateway isn't in the right or wrong. However it is morally wrong to do this and NOT TELL PEOPLE ABOUT IT.

Either way, i see attempts at humor and then fanboys of Gateway swoop in and act all ass hurt as if they work for the company :unsure:. In times like this where legit users of Gateway are getting bricked, and Gateway is attempting to brush it all under the rug its best to coop with it with humor. But it is the internet, and we all know that some people on here really cant help themselves trying to act like an Elite. Hell im sure this post will ripped to shreds within minutes of posting this, but i really dont care. I've been watching this go on for the past week now, and its just surprising how arrogant people can get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...