Hacking Gateway website back online

Rinnux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it, but from a trade from my old 3DS (which wasn't on 4.5) and paid the difference. Are all XL's (including the black one) on 4.5 by default? The used and new prices aren't that different, but I wonder if they'd let me trade for a red XL or Black. Will give them a call ;)

Edit: Damn, I wouldn't get full credit; $120 would be the most I get, meaning I'd be out $80...bollocks. This sucks big time :( Notta chance in hell for us poor saps who are on 6.x.

Ugh, sorry, been a crazy last couple of days. I made a mistake and now I pay the price for it. I've no choice to wait, short of spending more money.

No they are not. You can even get some on 4.2. Just check the back of the box and if it says copyright 2012 then its 4.5 or lower

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No they are not. You can even get some on 4.2. Just check the back of the box and if it says copyright 2012 then its 4.5 or lower

Yep, no chance in hell now. Can't trade it in as I don't want to spend that much money (or rather, the difference), so it's my own damn fault, but again, I'll be glad to wait and see what happens, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Unless someone on the temp has a XL they can trade me.

Rinnux

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah f**k. Yep, no chance in hell now. Can't trade it in as I don't want to spend that much money (or rather, the difference), so it's my own damn fault, but again, I'll be glad to wait and see what happens, but I'm not gonna hold my breath. Unless someone on the temp has a XL they can trade me.

Just check amazon. You can contact the seller and ask them what firmware its on. I found a used one on amazon for $140 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...6358927&sr=8-1&keywords=3ds+xl&condition=used

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just check amazon. You can contact the seller and ask them what firmware its on. I found a used one on amazon for $140 http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B008GEH9HO/ref=sr_1_1_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1376358927&sr=8-1&keywords=3ds xl&condition=used

Ugh....I don't really trust used electronics (I've had bad luck too many times), and I'd rather trade TBH. Plus I don't have $140 to throw around; I'll have to wait and see what the team does. Either that or find someone willing to trade me their 3DS XL with mine. The most I'd get back at Gamestop would be $120, but even then, I'd be out $80.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wants to enable Homebrew on 3DS? HA!
Lets see if they can blow the 3DS fully open for homebrew developement.
A gba emulator would be really interesting.
Ugh....I don't really trust used electronics (I've had bad luck too many times), and I'd rather trade TBH. Plus I don't have $140 to throw around; I'll have to wait and see what the team does. Either that or find someone willing to trade me their 3DS XL with mine. The most I'd get back at Gamestop would be $120, but even then, I'd be out $80.

Honestly your best chance is to find a used store (Hell, that's how I got my second black 3DS and in mint condition to boot), or someone that isn't interested in the 3DS anymore. However the chances of finding a firmware under or equal to 4.5 is highly unlikely.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wants to enable Homebrew on 3DS? HA!
Lets see if they can blow the 3DS fully open for homebrew developement.
A gba emulator would be really interesting.

Honestly your best chance is to find a used store (Hell, that's how I got my second black 3DS and in mint condition to boot), or someone that isn't interested in the 3DS anymore. However the chances of finding a firmware under or equal to 4.5 is highly unlikely.

Precisely, and it's my own fault for jumping the gun and updating it without thinking, before the region-lock part being announced. I can't afford to do that right now, I just forked out a good amount of cash for the XL, which undoubtedly, was on 4.x firmware. I don't trust used electronics, who knows what kind of issues they have (worn out battery, weakened screen hinges, scratched screen, etc). The most I can get back is $120 from Gamestop.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If they actually pull it off, hell I would believe them if they said they could cure HIV.

Lol. Again the main word is "If".
In all honesty though, it's not the card I'm interested in or piracy, it's me wanting to know how they can blow the 3DS out in the open and what can you do with the machine.

Reactions: Vengenceonu

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice to hear!
I hope they also find a exploit for 6.X, i like to update and use the eShop again.
But if not, maybe they find a way to spoof the FW version of the eShop, just like with the PSP

I really don't like to be outta the loop (with my 3DS-related mistakes and all), so I'm waiting to see what happens, but knowing this team, they're bound to do something crazy :P I also await homebrew apps, such as Snes and GBA emulation, you know, since I couldn't get that Ambassador deal with my 3DS.:lol:

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't like to be outta the loop (with my 3DS-related mistakes and all), so I'm waiting to see what happens, but knowing this team, they're bound to do something crazy :P I also await homebrew apps, such as Snes and GBA emulation, you know, since I couldn't get that Ambassador deal with my 3DS.:lol:

Oh boy, snes would be really awesome :D
Also, GBA must be possible, i have the ambasador games (which includes 10 GBA games) and it runs smooth, so yeah.
Don't know about snes though, i think it also will be pretty good, except for the Super FX chip games... Even the PSP has trouble running them, so 3DS will be a no go i think (at least for Super FX games).

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, snes would be really awesome :D
Also, GBA must be possible, i have the ambasador games (which includes 10 GBA games) and it runs smooth, so yeah.
Don't know about snes though, i think it also will be pretty good, except for the Super FX chip games... Even the PSP has trouble running them, so 3DS will be a no go i think (at least for Super FX games).

True, but there are always speed hacks :P Let's hope it's based off of 1.52 and not 1.43 of Snes9x; that version is the best for porting to other systems. Playstation, maybe, just maybe, but even then, it would be extremely difficult to do just right, but only time will tell. Things are really starting to get crazy around here B-)

Boy12

NOT a new member!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
True, but there are always speed hacks :P Let's hope it's based off of 1.52 and not 1.43 of Snes9x; that version is the best for porting to other systems. Playstation, maybe, just maybe, but even then, it would be extremely difficult to do just right, but only time will tell. Things are really starting to get crazy around here B-)

Yup :)
Like i said in another post, we can expect some CRAAZY things to be released over the next few months.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?