Hacking GATEWAY ULTRA v3.6.1 PUBLIC BETA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Townsperson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes is see this, but this are for the New3ds my kids have the Old3ds. And wenn i Brick the 3ds they would me Kill :wacko:

You're right, Gateway refused to add support for o3DS using 9.2 and downgraded MSET (Which would honestly require minimal effort on their end...). Completely forgot about that (This probably wouldn't brick your device, but you wouldn't be able to launch GW through it. Does work for rxTools and other CFWs, though).

If necessary, you can downgrade back to 4.5. Before that, I'd ask that someone else in this thread (Preferably with a GW) try to help you through this. Not being able to launch Gateway through the .3dsx is very weird, considering the number of people who had no trouble at all.

Basically, I'd exhaust all options before downgrading back to 4.5. You can try launching using a different SD card, re-download the files, etc.

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
This is just impressive. Being able to update to 10.3 means we can do lots of things easier on n3ds.

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You're right, Gateway refused to add support for o3DS using 9.2 and downgraded MSET (Which would honestly require minimal effort on their end...). Completely forgot about that (This probably wouldn't brick your device, but you wouldn't be able to launch GW through it. Does work for rxTools and other CFWs, though).

If necessary, you can downgrade back to 4.5. Before that, I'd ask that someone else in this thread (Preferably with a GW) try to help you through this. Not being able to launch Gateway through the .3dsx is very weird, considering the number of people who had no trouble at all.

Basically, I'd exhaust all options before downgrading back to 4.5. You can try launching using a different SD card, re-download the files, etc.
yes, i give it a try on the morning. Check the downloadet files, new Sd Cart etc.
I Can not understand how so many People get it to works , and no one have this Problem. Anything must be Wrong .
Downgrade would be the last Option i would take.
Thanks for your Help Townsperson

Blue Lamb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question for you guys - I already made 2 threads this week.

Can I update my 9.9 emuNAND to 10.3 and access the eShop? My emuNAND has all my CIA games/dlc/updates on it.

I remember months ago, acessing eShop/Nintendo Network/Data Management had some precautions. Not sure if they still apply.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question for you guys - I already made 2 threads this week.

Can I update my 9.9 emuNAND to 10.3 and access the eShop? My emuNAND has all my CIA games/dlc/updates on it.

I remember months ago, acessing eShop/Nintendo Network/Data Management had some precautions. Not sure if they still apply.
Old 3DS - Yes
N3DS - No

Reactions: Blue Lamb
K

KingpinSlim

Be more specific.
I imagine he means that he is so full of excitement that is "figuratively" exploding, not literally.
I think his meaning was that he is simply very excited and would like to do this himself as soon as possible.

YourHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be more specific.
Hmm yes, mostly getting HBC on my sysnand I guess? I am on 9.2 and I have a GW of course. I read the github for menu hax and it says I need a way to get the payload running first. I'm assuming I can do GW mode in sysnand and install whatever I need to sysnand?

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
I've set up menuhax on my n3ds, and from I understand, I have to rename the Gateway .3dsx to boot.3dsx to have it automatically boot into emunand.

But is there a different way? Sometimes I do things on the homebrew loader and don't want to have to keep changing the filenames.

D

Deleted-19228

Old 3DS - Yes
N3DS - No

I'm going out on a limb and saying he's on an o3ds... 9.9 emunand already heh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I've set up menuhax on my n3ds, and from I understand, I have to rename the Gateway .3dsx to boot.3dsx to have it automatically boot into emunand.

But is there a different way? Sometimes I do things on the homebrew loader and don't want to have to keep changing the filenames.

Use this https://gbatemp.net/threads/ctrbootmanager-3ds-boot-manager-loader-homemenuhax.398383/

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm yes, mostly getting HBC on my sysnand I guess? I am on 9.2 and I have a GW of course. I read the github for menu hax and it says I need a way to get the payload running first. I'm assuming I can do GW mode in sysnand and install whatever I need to sysnand?
Run the HBC when you're in sysnand (regular or GW sysnand, doesn't matter) and run the app called "Menuhax 2.1". Install it, do the button configuration if you wish, and test it out. If it works, you can either leave it at that (you will have to launch GW through the HBC), or you can set it CTRBootManager or BootCTR to automatically boot GW all the time.

Along with CTRBootManager, I did something a bit different that works 100% for me. I renamed the boot.3dsx for CTRBootManager to "ctrb.3dsx". Then on my SD card, I opened the file called "ropbinpayload_blahblah" in a hex editor (HxD) and searched for "boot.3dsx". I changed all instances to "ctrb.3dsx". So now, Menuhax will always load ctrb.3dsx on boot, but using Ninjhax through any other means (Cubic Ninja, Ironhax) will load boot.3dsx, which is the HBC.

Sorry for the long post and bad formatting lol

Last edited by samiam144,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Run the HBC when you're in sysnand (regular or GW sysnand, doesn't matter) and run the app called "Menuhax 2.1". Install it, do the button configuration if you wish, and test it out. If it works, you can either leave it at that (you will have to launch GW through the HBC), or you can set it CTRBootManager or BootCTR to automatically boot GW all the time.

Along with CTRBootManager, I did something a bit different that works 100% for me. I renamed the boot.3dsx for CTRBootManager to "ctrb.3dsx". Then on my SD card, I opened the file called "ropbinpayload_blahblah" in a hex editor (HxD) and searched for "boot.3dsx". I changed all instances to "ctrb.3dsx". So now, Menuhax will always open ctrb.3dsx on boot, but using Ninjhax through any other means (Cubic Ninja, Ironhax) will load boot.3dsx, which is the HBC.

Sorry for the long post and bad formatting lol
Thanks for the advice! :D

Reactions: samiam144

Ryft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my 3DS to 9.2 from 4.5 to set up cold boot and now it's not detecting my Mario Paper Jam save. As a matter of fact, Savedatafiler shows nothing when I check under SD even though I have like 20 saves there. Is this because of me using 4.5 before and it used a different key? Would really suck if I lost all my saves.

EDIT: Crap I think I realized what happened. When I was setting up FBI, I accidently deleted title..db and import.db because I was in the wrong folder and it deleted all my CIA installed games... I just realized that it saves CIA saves onto the console also. Ugh. Oh well. Live and learn.

Last edited by Ryft,

Jiro2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still cannot get the language option to work on this version.

In fact, can anyone name any game they managed to get to change language using the language option?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: and the lightning is frequent, so my power will most likely go out