Hacking Gateway support for Firmware 9.0 – 9.2 Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted-355425

Pretty sure I said C-Stick. There will be games that require the better hardware specs of the N3DS, but not the C-Stick, as it (and the shoulder buttons) are just an inbuilt CCP.
This is what i was getting at but didn't put it in words very well.. I'm pretty torn now either 4.5 or 9.2

Reactions: Danjal

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
wat.

This is my guess too. I'm thinking that single rom loading will be the initial goal for whatever exploit they're using, and they will slowly expand into 9.0-9.2 having the same feature set as the 4.5 exploit.

25393c04d5.png

This mail was posted a couple of pages back and people started freaking out because they didnt deny anything about emuNAND nor th one ROM per card function.
I posted a very similar response from them saying the exact same thing but there was Cubic Ninja involved, and they didnt deny anything - just no comment. Going by this logic not only will we not get any multirom or emuNAND option but well also need Cubic Ninja to run the card. Get what im saying? People need to relax. Its not everyday you get a chance to play your backups on a higher firmware then 4.x...

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
This is what i was getting at but didn't put it in words very well.. I'm pretty torn now either 4.5 or 9.2
Ask yourself this, would you rather have the ease of use and assured added functionality of 4.x - but miss out on N3DS titles that will become available as Gateway updates their card (which is probable to happen sooner or later).
Potentially buying yourself a N3DS at a later point in time to counterbalance that "loss".
Or would you rather get a N3DS, futureproofing yourself - but potentially miss out on the ease of use and assured functionality of the 4.x devices if Gateway can't manage to extend support beyond single-ROM.

Also, what features do you personally value? (Homebrew, eShop, multi-ROM, online play - that kinda stuff.)

D

Deleted-188346

This mail was posted a couple of pages back and people started freaking out because they didnt deny anything about emuNAND nor th one ROM per card function.
I posted a very similar response from them saying the exact same thing but there was Cubic Ninja involved, and they didnt deny anything - just no comment. Going by this logic not only will we not get any multirom or emuNAND option but well also need Cubic Ninja to run the card. Get what im saying? People need to relax. Its not everyday you get a chance to play your backups on a higher firmware then 4.x...
Kinda seems like they haven't confirmed or denied anything, aside from not needing additional hardware that is. The absence of a answer to a question doesn't automatically mean "yes".
Did anyone actually come to the conclusion that we need Cubic Ninja?

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Kinda seems like they haven't confirmed or denied anything, aside from not needing additional hardware that is. The absence of a answer to a question doesn't automatically mean "yes".
Did anyone actually come to the conclusion that we need Cubic Ninja?

No one did, but there was a lot of fuss about them not denying the one game per card function. My point was that even though they didnt say anything about the one game per card feature people jumped to a conclusion that it automatically must be true.

D

Deleted-188346

No one did, but there was a lot of fuss about them not denying the one game per card function. My point was that even though they didnt say anything about the one game per card feature people jumped to a conclusion that it automatically must be true.
To be fair, an official reseller explicitly stating that the new firmware will only have single-game functionality is entirely different from the absence of an answer. Unless there is evidence to the contrary, people can be a little worried about this.

Reactions: Vappy

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country
To be fair, an official reseller explicitly stating that the new firmware will only have single-game functionality is entirely different from the absence of an answer. Unless there is evidence to the contrary, people can be a little worried about this.

This is what I'm thinking. True it's not proof, but that it's an official reseller listing these specific limitations is strong enough evidence to be believable.

Gateway has, with updates in the past, at least hinted at future capabilities, and they've never even suggested that firmwares above 4.5 would be capable of any more than just playing ROMs.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Time will tell. Who knows, maybe that reseller knows only a fragment of the information. How come no one else confirmed this? Because its not a complete product thats why!

Edit: People should contact them and ask for a source on their claim and not take everything for granted!

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
The thing is, if Gateway is "just" offering single-ROM support - then I highly doubt they have any reason to delay their release.
They'd have that ready already (which is reinforced by their saying that they support 9.0~9.2 versions aswell as N3DS, they would've tested using the single-ROM method).

In which case, their delay and their "finishing up" would appear to be that they are trying to stretch that functionality.
As posters above have mentioned, with "just" single-ROM functionality Gateway doesn't have an edge over SKY3DS on 9.x devices.
(4.x are a different matter as we all have thoroughly discussed and Gateway still holds the reigns there.)

And since its not the first time (and definitely will not be the last) that such an event happen. There is little reason to be all doom and gloom even if they are set back to single-ROM support. (Which is still prefered over 10 games max permanently.) The way I see it, if I bought a game I'd also be stuck to a single game per card anyway. With no chance of that ever being increased or altered at all. So its still a gain.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The thing is, if Gateway is "just" offering single-ROM support - then I highly doubt they have any reason to delay their release.
They'd have that ready already (which is reinforced by their saying that they support 9.0~9.2 versions aswell as N3DS, they would've tested using the single-ROM method).

In which case, their delay and their "finishing up" would appear to be that they are trying to stretch that functionality.
As posters above have mentioned, with "just" single-ROM functionality Gateway doesn't have an edge over SKY3DS on 9.x devices.
(4.x are a different matter as we all have thoroughly discussed and Gateway still holds the reigns there.)

And since its not the first time (and definitely will not be the last) that such an event happen. There is little reason to be all doom and gloom even if they are set back to single-ROM support. (Which is still prefered over 10 games max permanently.) The way I see it, if I bought a game I'd also be stuck to a single game per card anyway. With no chance of that ever being increased or altered at all. So its still a gain.

Couldnt have said it better!

tumblr_mqb9tiDcUT1rh7f1po1_400.gif

Reactions: Phantom_User

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe (believe as in personal POV) that the info of that website is true. Not only they are official resellers, but I remember they also leaked some "beta" firmwares, even though Gateway told everyone of the beta testers to not distribute such launchers.

These guys must be some sort of rebel resellers that just leak information as soon as they get it from Gateway.

Danjal

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I believe (believe as in personal POV) that the info of that website is true. Not only they are official resellers, but I remember they also leaked some "beta" firmwares, even though Gateway told everyone of the beta testers to not distribute such launchers.

These guys must be some sort of rebel resellers that just leak information as soon as they get it from Gateway.
Hehe, you'd imagine that if they had done so repeatedly they wouldn't remain on the "approved" list for Gateway?
I guess if you're in the business of breaking rules, you can't be too strict when it comes to rulebreaking? =P

Reactions: OuahOuah

ExoMemphiz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The way I see it, if I bought a game I'd also be stuck to a single game per card anyway. With no chance of that ever being increased or altered at all. So its still a gain.

Damn... I never thought of it like that, and single-rom sounded good to me before.. (This will be my first time using Gateway, never tried using single-rom on a gateway or any other flashcart before).
That makes it sound a lot more appealing, honostly, too.

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
maybe it will be one rom at a time, but now GW is looking at ssspwn , that one game is CN ,then you launch a homebrew game switcher

maybe it will have slots like sky3ds , you load CN into the 1st slot , then you launch ninjhax , then you launch a program from HB launcher that basically replaces the button feature of a sky3ds, but GW makes a fancy GUI for rom selection , this is probably the worst case scenario , still pretty good IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Not a lot, just relaxing