Hacking Gateway Reliability Feedback

Has your Gateway 3DS Experienced Technical Issues?

• Total voters

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Don't have mine yet, but personally I like spring loaded slots :). Never had any problem with my original spring loaded R4 (still have it and is still fine).

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
i'm not going to vote yet as although i have had mine for around 10 days now i've only used it for about 2 to 3 hours so can't comment on reliability just yet but it's been working fine with no issues at all.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, I'm just going to comment about the spring loaded issue that people seem to be discussing. The spring loading is actually a lot better on my Gateway than it is on my Supercard DSTwo. As far as overall issues, I've run this thing for like ~25 hours of testing, and it had no issues, save one minor hiccup booting the exploit up.

MrChildren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
My gateway arrived Saturday from modchipdirect, and have been trying to use it in my new 3ds with 4.4
Very, very long story short, when trying to start a game (the icon is there) I always get "The game cart was removed" error.
I have seen pther posts talking about this error, but do not see any solutions.
It may just be a faulty card. I am awaiting response from modchipdirect.
Any other thoughts?

thanks..

Try all the steps on post #24. If problem still persist then the only solution is send it back to modchipdirect and ask for a refund/exchange.

If they refuse to acknowledge and you paid by paypal then file a dispute

Kaliko88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try all the steps on post #24. If problem still persist then the only solution is send it back to modchipdirect and ask for a refund/exchange.

If they refuse to acknowledge and you paid by paypal then file a dispute

I have tried all those steps and more.
Modchipsdirect has responded and believes it is a hardware issue and will be replacing the card after I send it back.
So I wait another week to try again.
My order from modchipcentral should arrive later this week. Maybe that one will work.

MrChildren

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
East Timor
I have tried all those steps and more.
Modchipsdirect has responded and believes it is a hardware issue and will be replacing the card after I send it back.
So I wait another week to try again.
My order from modchipcentral should arrive later this week. Maybe that one will work.

hope everything will be good :)
I should get my replacement by today (is with the delivery truck).
If not tomorrow! I hope this one work if not :hateit:

Kaliko88

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hope everything will be good :)
I should get my replacement by today (is with the delivery truck).
If not tomorrow! I hope this one work if not :hateit:

my gateway from modchipcentral arrived today, so far works fine (had to quit to recharge 3ds). More testing later.
The one I received from modchipsdirect was definitely faulty (always got "the game card was removed" error) and tracking shows it has been returned.
So now I wait for them to send a replacement.

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France
A few issues with NSMB2 : endless loading screen entering coin rush mode once, and sometimes I have an error message booting the rom "an error has occured blah blah blah". I'd say it's a ROM problem, I'm using a class 10 16gb SD.
Apart from this, a freeze entering the GW mode once, I had to reset my 3DS.

But I'm very happy with my Gateway anyway ;)

New.Vixon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
In my CASE... everything works fine... Except..
Sonic And Sega Allstar Racing transformed..

The Games working Fine... It just.. the controller.. while Flying... The analog button is hard to controll.. Sometimes.. it cannot pressed down..
I dunno.. this is because the game.. of the Gateway.. or even my "Cheapest" MicroSD..?

I'am using V-GEN SDHC 8gb MicroSD.. (The cheapest Micro SD in my country... Indonesia)
Because I need at least buy 3 Micro SD to change my Game.. you know.. 1 MicroSD, 1 Game..

Every Game that I have played is working PERFECTLY... except that one..

Newoo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about 10 hours into Mario and Luigi Dreamteam (which is fantastic by the way) and have had no problems. Everything seems to be going good.

pledo2000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my gateway from modchipcentral arrived today, so far works fine (had to quit to recharge 3ds). More testing later.
The one I received from modchipsdirect was definitely faulty (always got "the game card was removed" error) and tracking shows it has been returned.

I had the same problem with my Gateway from modchips direct. I have sent mine back to them also.

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem with my Gateway from modchips direct. I have sent mine back to them also.

I purchased mine from realhotstuff yesterday. Has anyone heard of problematic Gateway's from RHS yet? I don't mind having to be on backorder as long as I'm confident in getting a stable cart of Gateway.

Lollerskater

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

So you ordered two cards then? I'm having the same problem as you, and I'm hoping that they won't give me a hassle for wanting to return the card. What's the name of the Canadian flash card reseller, again?

Quicksilver88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its just a slightly better slot

DSTwo and Gateway only cards ive found use Spring Loaded MicroSD cards

Interesting.....they must have made a second run for the North American distribution because my GW red card doesn't have a spring mechanism. BTW had no problem been mostly playing Castlevania LOS from my region for the last 2 weeks and not one single problem. I have played a few hours on DKCR and ML Dream Team (EU) and not problems with them either. I am wondering if Asia got the first run and those were the problematic ones?

Anyways I bought from modchipcentral.com which is in Canada but has put a 6month warrenty on their gateway cards so any problems and they will replace it no questions asked. I have been using all class 4 or better cards but may go try the Mario Rom just to see if it is problematic for me or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea is sad. His 2 movies were good. Informative about our food industry.