AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
this is like the levels of complaining people did when PSP homebrew was limited to 1.0 and USA people had 1.5.

As a 4.5 3DS owner with a GW... I appreciate this because I got back on eShop for the first time in 3 years (3DS was not touched, then I said "screw it", got a GW and a 4.5 cartridge to update my 3DS, but by time Gateway Arrived Nintendo released 9.4 so no emuNAND and eShop there)... and found out I stopped using my 3DS just partially through the Ambassador program so a bunch of awesome other games were in my account.

So yeah. Good work, easy upgrade. Can't complain.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, since we have .cia installation support from devmenu, there's no point in accessing the eShop, right?
Not all updates/DLC will be uploaded to the net, so you can use the eShop instead of waiting.

Anywhoo, yay! Gonna update to 9.4 so I can get that Nanako DLC. If you release another update the day before I was going to download DLC, Nintendo... *shakes fist*

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
what? i thought people were dumping game updates and that we could install them ourselves with .CIA's now
yeah but what if you can't find one? Also the people need to access the eshop to get the updates and make them available as CIA files. (unless they already have a previous version then they can just get them from Nintendo's servers if they got the proper info from their decrypted emunands)

Reactions: weatMod

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
You need the eshop in order to download the game's updates.
He can download the CIA with the game update, thing is, someone have to decrypt the update to offer them, so accessing eShop to download updates is getting obsolete to people that installed devmenu.
Also, it seems that this update let you donwload a update without entering the actual eShop application, I speculate that this won't let you bypass a system menu version check to download the update, but eventually someone can patch the check - at least in emuNAND environment - so it get bypassed.

question . I had the update downloaded automatically. Does updating through the settings use these files and then delete them?
Yes, it does, I actually updated one of my 4.5 units to 9.4 emunand this way, it was very quick since all the files were already on my SD card.
And important, as you said, update through settings menu on emuNAND.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need a copy of Cubic Ninja to launch the ninjhax menu (by scanning QR code). So if you no longer have your copy, how are you able to still use ninjhax? Does is still work from a backup version?

Yes. any version of Cubic Ninja works for the 'sploit

beloumi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question : how can you get the last update of a game from eshop if Gateway blocks the message that asks you to get the update when you launch the game?

Reactions: Vengenceonu

Doran754

Conform comrades
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gateway doesn't block any update messages. Go to the eshop when you're on the latest emunand and type in 'update' then download any updates for any games you need.

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
" so system update does not clear them like accessing theme shop/eshop does"

yeah thats the thing i have theme pack installed on GW 2.6 9.2.0-20 emunand and i also read that accessing the eshop will make them go away, but i have gone to the eshop to search for updates and when i exited my themes all still work
still not clear of this shuffle thing though

Oh, I've not checked eshop myself. Maybe it's just the theme shop that gets rid of them. I was also just going on what I've read :).

CarefulCrysis

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have a question : how can you get the last update of a game from eshop if Gateway blocks the message that asks you to get the update when you launch the game?
I just updated my ssb without any issues, loaded the game and was prompted to update. I did setup my eshop before hand though.

beloumi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gateway doesn't block any update messages. Go to the eshop when you're on the latest emunand and type in 'update' then download any updates for any games you need.
Ok so it's correct to download updates from eshop? Is it only the firmware update that we have to get from update setting and not from eshop ? since it could affect sysnand in this case

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you need a copy of Cubic Ninja to launch the ninjhax menu (by scanning QR code). So if you no longer have your copy, how are you able to still use ninjhax? Does is still work from a backup version?

I have a rom

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not all updates/DLC will be uploaded to the net, so you can use the eShop instead of waiting.

Anywhoo, yay! Gonna update to 9.4 so I can get that Nanako DLC. If you release another update the day before I was going to download DLC, Nintendo... *shakes fist*

I got all the current Persona Q (US) DLCs that were released before the emuNAND 9.4 update. :P
The more popular games get their DLCs dumped pretty fast.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got all the current Persona Q (US) DLCs that were released before the emuNAND 9.4 update. :P
The more popular games get their DLCs dumped pretty fast.
Yeah, I actually just downloaded those. I didn't expect DLC to come out early, but I guess I should have. I only have a 4GB SD card, though, so I'm gonna have to go out and buy a bigger one before I go venturing into the unknown .cia territory.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I actually just downloaded those. I didn't expect DLC to come out early, but I guess I should have. I only have a 4GB SD card, though, so I'm gonna have to go out and buy a bigger one before I go venturing into the unknown .cia territory.

lol I'm actually thinking about upgrading my big SD card. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That be sweet tho, xbox/gamepass games on the go would be nice
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it's in beta