Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't really seem to be confident about their new solution, which might explain why they haven't released it yet.

could just be that they believe lower firmware is more superior since it is less refined and more bugs present

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm hopefully so.

I'm not too fond not he idea of keeping my 4.5 3DSXL along with my 9.2 new 3DSXL though. damn it.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hmmm hopefully so.

I'm not too fond not he idea of keeping my 4.5 3DSXL along with my 9.2 new 3DSXL though. damn it.

well... new developments are being made every day, be it by the flashcart teams or by individual developers that work and test new features. So I wouldn't worry much about it. I think it won't be long until the 3DS Scene expands much more than how it is right now.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
I hope so.

I just don't understand why GW recommend keeping 4.5 if their 9.2 update: provides emunand, allows online gaming, provides multi region and allows CIA install.

Melon__Bread

~It's A Magik~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope so.

I just don't understand why GW recommend keeping 4.5 if their 9.2 update: provides emunand, allows online gaming, provides multi region and allows CIA install.

Because 4.5 works "perfectly" and for the most part they know it inside and out. 9.X is still a new frontier where something could go wrong where in 4.X it wouldn't.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
and even tho there are theories that it will include emunand. that's all it is, theories. we'll only know all the features it has when it's released

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They don't really seem to be confident about their new solution, which might explain why they haven't released it yet.

Can't blame them for trying to make something noob friendly.

and even tho there are theories that it will include emunand. that's all it is, theories. we'll only know all the features it has when it's released

Thats not theories, thats what you call speculation.

KnightOnline

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I hope so.

Maybe it's just a "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" policy? Sure, right NOW the features in 4.5 and 9.2 are presumably the same, but no one can be certain if the next feature they try to implement will work on both or just 4.5. It seems 4.5's exploit is more flexible, even if we, the users, can't tell the difference

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I emailed gateway saying I want to sell my 4.5 for a 9.2 so asked them if 9.2 will include emunand. Slightly worried now.

they replied saying:

"

Frankly, dont sell your 4.5 console, it is great, we know there for sure nothing
will ever happen. Even if we are confident for higher firmware future, 4.5 is
still the reference.

mailto:[email protected]

--

Hi,

Will the new 9.0-9.2 support feature emunand so that we can still enter the e-shop?

Please reply as I am about to sell my 4.5 3DSXL and not sure if i should keep it. thanks."

If I had a 4.5, I woyldnt be dumb enough to think about selling it.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope so.

Because 4.5 has been out for a while and its easy for them to get you working on the latest firmware via emunand where as 9.0-9.2 is still fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ALcfGYLXcjQ?si=ePdtM6b0p5sWaxof