Hacking Gateway 3DS working on the New Nintendo 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
I went there looking for "gateway not found" images, but there were none :'(

the flash card's menus or the dsl's menus?

maybe the language files done goofed, try redownloading them.
Yeah im using my phone to transfer the files to the SD card. My r4i used to get corrupted by my phone because the language files include Chinese files that my phone couldn't handle properly.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, we should all threaten Gateway saying if they don't release before christmas, we'll all giveaway our gateway 3ds cards and buy sky3ds instead. Also we'll tell Nintendo to sue them

Reactions: sparrowreal

Dragar

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
hey guys, we should all threaten Gateway saying if they don't release before christmas, we'll all giveaway our gateway 3ds cards and buy sky3ds instead. Also we'll tell Nintendo to sue them
Threats and blackmail will not help. We need to he patient. Nothing else.

Reactions: 2Hack

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Sorry, I don't get your sarcasm point there. I'm language limited.
You quoted PagaN on "maxconsole not say anything about testing and gw silent like rat like something wrong with 9.2 support." that you "smell it too".

Why would something wrong be with 9.2? I mean the released the video and they even announced lower firmware support, what else do you want from them to actually trust them.
They have a lot of testing before the release their product plus they must encrypt their exploit so that clone cards like MT and R4 dont steal from them and diminish their sales.

mojaswag

Trophies
XP
Country
"omg gateway hasnt released it yet omg im going to sell gateway and buy sky3ds because its still not out yet!!!!!!!!!"
rly

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just look at the GBATEMP home page. See how they're giving away sky3ds cards instead of Gateway cards? Gateway could have gotten a lot more customers and public interest if they weren't slowpokes

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Just look at the GBATEMP home page. See how they're giving away sky3ds cards instead of Gateway cards? Gateway could have gotten a lot more customers and public interest if they weren't slowpokes

As soon as GW releases the new support, Sky3DS will really need to be given away. lol. It will only be useful for ppl that mistakenly updated their 3DS

ore9ore

Trophies
XP
Country
You quoted PagaN on "maxconsole not say anything about testing and gw silent like rat like something wrong with 9.2 support." that you "smell it too".

Why would something wrong be with 9.2? I mean the released the video and they even announced lower firmware support, what else do you want from them to actually trust them.
They have a lot of testing before the release their product plus they must encrypt their exploit so that clone cards like MT and R4 dont steal from them and diminish their sales.
Is not untrust. I mean, they could have something wrong on the procces of polishing 9.2 support!
I know they are proof, and I'm not negating it. What I mean is that maybe they have problems making the update fine to us users to use it.

What are the chances of the blue card being required to trigger the new exploit?
Chances are low, viewing several email responses.

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As soon as GW releases the new support, Sky3DS will really need to be given away. lol. It will only be useful for ppl that mistakenly updated their 3DS

"As soon as" in this case means next June at the earliest. That's just how slow gateway is, they're always like this :angry:

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

I have the 2 flashcarts. Sky3ds is for backing up plan when GW wouldn't update their fw to support 9.x/n3ds before new year. I'll sell GW eventually because of "SOON". I begin to fear that word LOL.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Patience is a virtue. ;) Especially for people using a 4.x 3DS

Who own a 3DS and a Gateway already and as such don't need to buy a second Gateway card, which means the GW team won't make a profit there.
At this point, if it doesn't come out tomorrow, lots of people will run over to Sky3DS, if only because it's Christmas and they want either to give a flash card that works as a present,
or simply because they're tired of the wait. Can't blame them. Where's the harm for the Gateway team in releasing 9.0-9.2 already and release the rest when it's ready?
None. Truth is: I genuinely hate Sky3DS but they delivered and Gateway didn't.

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Who own a 3DS and a Gateway already and as such don't need to buy a second Gateway card, which means the GW team won't make a profit there.
At this point, if it doesn't come out tomorrow, lots of people will run over to Sky3DS, if only because it's Christmas and they want either to give a flash card that works as a present,
or simply because they're tired of the wait. Can't blame them. Where's the harm for the Gateway team in releasing 9.0-9.2 already and release the rest when it's ready?

If you read a few posts back, you'll see I also said I agree with releasing 9.0-9.2 already if it really is all ready.
And the people that go to Sky3DS now will also be the ones that will come back to GW once they decide that having region free and homebrew access is better than not having it (after GW releases it of course)

thaikhoa

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

How about n3ds/n3dsxl and broken 3ds? Sky3ds is still useful for many cases. GW is for professional ppl who love to wait.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country

This is the cold hard fact that seriously sucks. Sky3DS delivered but Gateway didn't. Heck, they even delivered a second hardware revision! It doesn't matter on what ground they did it on, but it's out and there's absolutely no limit on them. It sucks to press the button twenty thousand times, but at least there's people out there playing games like they wanted while we, "patient" users, cling on to terms like "multi-rom" , "region-free" and "CIA"s as if it's some sort of mantra that keeps our heads leveled.

F*cking ludicrous.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you read a few posts back, you'll see I also said I agree with releasing 9.0-9.2 already if it really is all ready.
And the people that go to Sky3DS now will also be the ones that will come back to GW once they decide that having region free and homebrew access is better than not having it (after GW releases it of course)

And here we are again "after GW releases it". The point is we don't know when this will happen. It very well might still take months, for what it's worth.
The last time the GW team tossed out a soon, it took three months. Nobody will still care for GW after three months, heck even after one month nobody will anymore.
Not with alternatives around which deliver the main point people buy this for: Playing games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +2
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Clip units
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @HiradeGirl, That's how they get bigger loans at the bank.
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    Welp.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wasn't me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got around to playing A way out is pretty fun coop game to kill time
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and a buddy used to play that, is pretty fun. Graphics were pretty good also at that time, I think what 5-6 years ago. --Edit yea was 2018
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda...