Gateway 3DS: PUBLIC RELEASE OF Gateway 3DS V1.1a

BladeTH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
1) The lack of upper screen banner for some titles which trigger both region and firmware spoof requirements.

Can somebody explain (and maybe show) about that banner? I don't understand what that means.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Gateway team earned my respect (I think). I as well as numerous others thought Gateway is just a warez card that emulates games 1:1 without any sort of hacks bypassing the region lock and stuff. But now there is a possibility of homebrew support at some point in the future.

The update is written in proper english. The only flashcart team I know that wrote in proper english was Cyclo DS. Could it be...? :ph34r:

Reactions: joshuatm

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There have been some unique reports of issues related to title exit or first GW3DS entry after
installing the update. We believe these are either related to file fragmentation of the 3DS SD card or
some users trimming the titles to fit on the red card's micro SD.
How can the file system on the SD card become fragmented when only one file is written with an image tool to the device starting from Sector 0?
There's no file system, no fragmentation, unless the Win32 image tool doesn't write the next chunk of file to the next sector.

edit:
they talked about the "big SD card" inside the 3DS, not the SD in "3DS mode" card.

Reactions: joshuatm
D

Deleted User

How can the file system on the SD card become fragmented when only one file is written with an image tool to the device starting from Sector 0?
There's no file system, no fragmentation, unless the Win32 image tool doesn't write the next chunk of file to the next sector.

3DS SD card = FAT32 where .sav files are put

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-