Gateway 3DS: PUBLIC RELEASE OF Gateway 3DS V1.1a

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JsTGwfy.png

I take it you, you know, actually ordered one. My deepest condolences to your $80...

My deepest condolences for your poor reading and comprehension skills.

Really... If you're going to troll, at least don't be such a blatantly stupid one. Stupid trolls never win.

Reactions: heartgold

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it interesting that trolls come here to bash the cart in the first place. obviously one clicked on a link for a 3ds flashcart for a reason? me thinks hypocrites are in are among us.
"this isn't fair I just bought all these games and now people get to pirate them and I don't.... boo hoo.... "

That would be called self-entitled butt-hurt crybaby syndrome. It's one thing to have an opinion, but for people to bitch about it with unsubstantiated claims? HA! I fart in their general direction.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
Which, to get on X/Y you don't even need to hack the game.

The Pokemon transfer tool will transfer them fine if you gen them correctly. Hell in the past you haven't even needed to do it correctly. IIRC 255 EVs on everything and 31 IVs can be transferred to Black/White 2 just fine.

Is the transfer feature confirmed for X/Y?

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would presume so, it's been in every version.

Also I believe it was confirmed.

Edit : http://www.examiner.com/article/pokemon-x-and-pokemon-y-transfer-details-potentially-posted

Just found that.

That "Insider" information was disproved long ago. It was just some idiot vying for attention. He also said fenneken also evolved into a "football like" pokemon and that there were more new pokemon than any generation which we know isnt true. Nothing he said was true so it's still up in the air.

JohnnyBlaze1986

FUCK GBATEMP!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.gbatempsucks.com
XP
Country
United States
Here's the real situation:

I was one of those Gateway skeptics, but I'll even admit that what they did is pretty cool. So much so, that I'm picking up another 3DS and the Gateway card. I'll use my XL for my hard copies(yes, I still buy my games) and my new Midnight Purple unit for the Gateway and my Supercard DSTwo.

Here's some points to make:

-If you're worried about the Gateway only working on a lower firmware, just get another 3DS. If you want it so much, $150 isn't that much for a new system. Hell, people sell used ones for $100. It's steep, but at least you get the ENTIRE 3DS library at your disposal. Pretty nifty for $200.

-When Gateway says it won't probably work above 6.2, they ONLY mean the card itself. You can spoof a system to get past the firmware requirements for a game. It's been done many times for the Wii and the PSP. You will be able to play your titles on your Gateway just fine. It's practically an Optical Drive Emulator but for a 3DS cart.

-I don't know why people are bugging out over the low firmware requirements. Correct me if I'm wrong(which I'm NOT), don't you STILL need to be on 3.55 firmware to upgrade to one of these custom firmwares? Just because it's on a lower firmware, DOES NOT MEAN that you cannot spoof or make a custom firmware. Just look at the PS3, PSP, and Wii for great examples.

-This card is not going to kill game sales. It will in fact, INCREASE them. In fact, that is going to be the reason for my Gateway purchase, to finally try the games I wanted to and make a decision whether I want them or not. Also, since there are titles that will never make it here, I can buy the titles from my local import shop and download the rom since I own the game and finally be able to play it on my system.

If you don't think it's a good purchase or a wise decision, DON'T BUY IT! No one is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to buy one. As for all the negativity, keep it to yourselves. Concerns are one thing. They need to be addressed for the team. But, out and out negativity is not warranted.

Seriously guys(those people KNOW who I'm referring to), GROW UP AND BE CIVIL. Just because you're in front of a keyboard and however many hundreds or thousands of miles away, does NOT mean you can lose all maturity and act like a bunch of five year olds. Be civil, express legit viewpoints, and save the negativity for some other place.

Thank you. I'll get off of my soap box for now. See kids? You CAN make a statement WITHOUT having to curse every five minutes and act like children......

Reactions: Spectro87

Spectro87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it interesting that trolls come here to bash the cart in the first place. obviously one clicked on a link for a 3ds flashcart for a reason? me thinks hypocrites are in are among us.
"this isn't fair I just bought all these games and now people get to pirate them and I don't.... boo hoo.... "

I have around $500 worth of games on my 3DS and I'm still cheering the 3DS on.

ieatpixels

Trophies
XP
Country
It's now confirmed that people will be able to transfer hacked items and Pokemon to the new game. :(
Apparently the process will be easier than ever

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's now confirmed that people will be able to transfer hacked items and Pokemon to the new game. :(
Apparently the process will be easier than ever
Didn't they, um, confirm the opposite? They're adding checks to PokeBank to prevent that from happening. I doubt it's foolproof, but it's too early to tell.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/TECN1Gm7j3A?si=XwYKYHKwxoMNdFqN