Hacking Gateway 3DS Crashes When Game Starts

Midnight Tboy

Trophies
XP
Country
It's clear why he's talking about the rom trimming

You didn't dump the rom yourself did you from an original....therefore you do not know exactly what its properties are.

You need to check if the rom is trimmed or untrimmed (just because you downloaded it and didn't trim it yourself doesnt mean its untrimmed)

and then you need to check the crc to make sure its a valid known working rom

Otherwise if theres duff roms out there (and I expect there'll be more than a few), then these sort of posts will constantly reappear

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's clear why he's talking about the rom trimming

You didn't dump the rom yourself did you from an original....therefore you do not know exactly what its properties are.

You need to check if the rom is trimmed or untrimmed (just because you downloaded it and didn't trim it yourself doesnt mean its untrimmed)

and then you need to check the crc to make sure its a valid known working rom

Otherwise if theres duff roms out there (and I expect there'll be more than a few), then these sort of posts will constantly reappear

most ppl like me dl scene release like VENOM or CONTRAST, they are not trimed rom ...

adrenochrome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
but they could have been altered/corrupted during the travel from "scene" to your hd, verifying checksum should be an automatic reflex when getting crashes on a disk image :)

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I had a day or 2 where all games hung, card past diagnostics fine but it kept happening, i was using a $1 dealextreme microsd adapter, as soon as i upgraded to a quality one, havent had any issues since, not sure what the slow write rate ones are doing.. possibly fragmenting the card, but they cause the majority of errors, as well as cheap counterfeit microsds aswell as the sds

OwlBoy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, sorry to dig up the thread but is op's problem resolved after he recieved a new Gateway ? I have exactly the same problem (except it's a r4i gold 3ds deluxe edition) and I've tried everything, so I think the card is maybe defective. I have little hope that op see this message, but, who knows.

Bap65

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

Just a message to confirm that these kinds of problem are related to a deffective card.
You may ask to change for another one.
Have a nice day ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4