Hacking GATEWAY 3.2 ULTRA PUBLIC BETA

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Disclaimer: Backup your system NAND before you try this, neither I nor SteveIce10/anyone else are responsible if you brick your 3DS from doing this.

If you're having trouble installing Gateway's mset CIA, use SteveIce10's FBI (press L to select NAND destination, and then R so it goes to delete title mode) to delete your system settings app;

004001000020000 - JPN
004001000021000 - USA
004001000022000 - EUR

And then simply install the CIA as before (press L to change destination to NAND if it isn't, and then R again to make sure it's in install title mode). It shouldn't complain about anything then. I just did it myself.

trigao

Ninten
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ahhhhhh!
Now it makes sense... Since I didn't test this myself, I trusted the word of another used who said the N3DS 9.0 specific system settings entries were lost.

I guess this is a small trade off then... Still I wonder IF this little modification in the sysNAND would harm is and/or be used by Ninty as a ban trigger (assuming they can see this somewhere)

so.... its mean... once i install this thing on my n3ds.... is a one way? cant revert to original settings? back to a "normal" "original" n3ds?

mvmiranda

Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I can confirm

if you play any DS title you can't install DS file exploit using the blue GW card ( I've already installed whitelist so I can use the blue card in the sysNAND )

You have to use ( zelda OOT or Cubic ninja ) to install NVRAM again to access the DS file exploit

That's bad... at least for some extent...

I guess whoever's doing this will be doing so they coudl ditch their game or something like this, so, id playing a DS game is what you'll do eventually, bye bye to your "ditching game" plan... :/

lol, so which is it guys..

Need to reinstall NVRAM or not;.

Crap! Let me finish reading everytning...

WhoAmI?

PASTA's dirty animal
Trophies
Website
lavanoid.github.io
XP
Country
I'm "concerned" about one thing:

Despite the fact this could actually brick our console, I'm ("I" like "personally", and I'm not trying to be egoistic) not concerned about this, at least not much since I'm used to mod consoles, could this "downgrading" in sysNAND "harm" us later? Like a ban trigger or something?

Believe it or not - I actually installed MSET from the wrong region, once. It didn't brick the console, it just made the settings application vanish from the homescreen xD

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
yeah i agree with memomo if you play DS game you will need to run cubic ninja or zelda oot again to install the exploit.to me this new "genius" exploit is pain in the backside because you will need to remove the emunand sd card & start from scratch just to install it,the cubic ninja method is far easier to do.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe the flashcardtimewarp cia makes people have to relaunch the exploit with OoT/CN if the person played a DS game :unsure:

TheShadowRunner

I'm like you, I have no name.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it removed nothing for me i went straight in to gateway mode after playing a DS game & it worked. i think the made the DS profile exploit permanent on the N3DS :)

yeah i agree with memomo if you play DS game you will need to run cubic ninja or zelda oot again to install the exploit.to me this new "genius" exploit is pain in the backside because you will need to remove the emunand sd card & start from scratch just to install it,the cubic ninja method is far easier to do.

So which is it man, wtf...

Reactions: logg and Margen67

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, you could back-up the NAND with your exploit installed, and the just restore it if you play a DS game (instead of going through the process of swapping SD cards/Deleting emuNAND > Installing NVRAM > Installing cia), although not the best solution, but still simpler.

But If I'm not mistaken, restoring NAND takes time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6igvB1yR04A