Hacking Gateway 3.1 Zelda OoT Compatibility List. Please post

Did Gateway 3.1 work with your copy of Zelda Ocarina of Time?

• Yes

Votes: 133 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 33.7%

• Total voters

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
How does restoring a savegame using an old 3ds work ? Do you first create a save file and then replace it with gateway's "restore" function, or you can just inject the save file without even starting the game ?

This could be the reason some people are having trouble, maybe they did the injection wrong, also I think it would be a useful piece of information if people posted how they injected their save file (O3DS or a dongle).

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does restoring a savegame using an old 3ds work ? Do you first create a save file and then replace it with gateway's "restore" function, or you can just inject the save file without even starting the game ?

i didint even know it was possible to restore sav files to game carts
i just know i backed up the sav file on my zelda cart a while ago with GW menu to use with a rom but then i read that it didnt work because something about games with sav files with 512k or less or something
i have no idea how to restore the sav
i have OOT cart US and a AU N3ds but my friend is going to let me try it on his US N3ds tomorrow
i assume i just put the sav file on the root of the SD ,in my old 3ds and write it to my zelda cart but how do i find the file to select it?

Simone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok. I dumped my zelda New save and the Gateway Save and i uploaded them.
Hope this can help to compare the files and discover why some people cannot inject the gateway save :/

Attachments

• Saves Zelda.zip
    20.9 KB · Views: 139

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
New 3DS XL (Majora's Mask Edition) firmware - 9.2E
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR
Back: AQEPX10125
Working y/n - Yes

(Bought it at the launch date, french version).

Reactions: mrGREEK360

bytor

Trophies
XP
Country
New 3DS firmware: 9.0E
Front: LNA-CTR-AQEP-EUR
Back: AQEP910202
Working: No. No error message, game hangs with white screen on the bottom screen.

mrGREEK360

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, how do you know what the version is (if it's 1.0 or 1.1)?
We aren't 100% sure this is the issue, but the only way is to fill this list out and then you go out and find a cart that has the same back numbers. I didn't know the numbers on the back vary a lot for Zelda Ocarina of Time.

Simone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
They're different (md5 don't match). How did you inject?

I dumped my Zelda OOT Save with Gateway menu. It's a new savage file.
The problem is that the gateway save doesn't work on this Retail Card.

I tried to inject the gateway save with the gateway menu to restore a save file but i always get the corruption data message :/

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah but who even said you have 1.1? some guy on the 3.1 release thread (gamesquest1)... how would he know?
because if he injects the save and it immediately says its corrupt it would likely be a save for a different revision, same happens on mario kart 7 if you use a save from rev 1.0 on rev 1.1 it will not accept it.....only true way of checking if you have 1.0 or 1.1 is to dump the rom and check the hash or whatever (remembering to remove the unique header as that would just give everyone a different hash)

ishk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey Guys! I have an AQEE510220 --- At first I did a dump of my save I didn't want to lose it then I put the save from gateway and it didn't work but my launcher was an old launcher so just to test with the launcher from 3.1 I manage to put my save again.... SO I will try with the new launcher in my 3ds and I would come back with results!

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Retried with a fresh copy of Launcher.dat (without using the wi-fi option) and it worked fine.

Dunno if it change something but I updated the launcher.dat of my old 3DS before injecting the save.

(My friend will be happy, he'll be able to get my Sky3DS tomorrow for his 9.5 3DS xD).

suctions

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
New 3DS firmware - 9.1.0-20J
OoT - Front: LNA-CTR-AQEJ-JPN Back: AQEJ610220
Working y/n - no (save corrupted)
bought it at launch day (16 June 2011)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright