Status
Not open for further replies.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know it's probably been answered a million times, but how do I stop my CIAs from being giftwrapped every time I load up emunand? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

Remove your SD card and do a system format from with your SysNAND, not your EmuNAND. Your EmuNAND runs ON the SD card so removing it during that is not an option. As long as your NNID is valid on your EmuNAND and you have a backup (make a backup of your EmuNAND), there's no need for your SysNAND to be the same.

EDIT: You can also use your GW to make a backup of your SysNAND first just in case the format messes something up.

Reactions: 2Hack

RikuCrafter

Trophies
XP
Country
Is there really anything wrong with keeping them linked? I'm on 9.2 for both (no need to update my EmuNAND, I don't use eShop), and I'm fine with having to unwrap every time. Am I really going to be of any benefit unlinking?

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there really anything wrong with keeping them linked? I'm on 9.2 for both (no need to update my EmuNAND, I don't use eShop), and I'm fine with having to unwrap every time. Am I really going to be of any benefit unlinking?

There may be some other little glitches from having what is essentially two versions of your operating system sharing the same folders for files, but really it's not like there's danger or something. It's a matter of what you want to put up with. There's also not really any reason not to either, so long as you keep your EmuNAND backed up somewhere safe.

Kikirini

Zelda Fangirl
Trophies
Website
kuroshouri.com
XP
Country
United States
Remove your SD card and do a system format from with your SysNAND, not your EmuNAND. Your EmuNAND runs ON the SD card so removing it during that is not an option. As long as your NNID is valid on your EmuNAND and you have a backup (make a backup of your EmuNAND), there's no need for your SysNAND to be the same.

EDIT: You can also use your GW to make a backup of your SysNAND first just in case the format messes something up.

Tried it, but... now I can't connect to the eshop or miiverse anymore.

troa11

Older Than You
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried it, but... now I can't connect to the eshop or miiverse anymore.

Hmm, I've always had the two separated and never seen that issue, but then mine were separated by doing a system transfer onto EmuNAND and leaving SysNAND alone. Check you NNID settings in your EmuNAND settings? If nothing else use the GW menu to restore the NAND backup I hope you did make.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So nothing too serious. Meh, I'm fine living with the unwrap bug and the other minor glitches and bugs.
Well one of those "minor" bugs is you can never enter data management from sysnand or all your installed cia files and updates in emunand go bye bye.

Godson777

yo waddup
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No geek hat for you! It's there, I have to go check it out every now and then. It's my nature. :)

Aw, but I like the geek hat! D:

In all seriousness, I used to check on Data Management every now and then to see how much space I was wasting on my games. But the whole "block" system confuses the crap out of me, and while I know how to convert the value of "blocks" into bytes. It's easier to just grab my SD card and shove it in my PC to make things easier.

Besides, if you're really smart enough, you could do all the data managing via your computer, then put the SD card back into the 3DS.

leshracbelmont

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I downgraded my 3DS XL from 9.2 to 4.5 flawlessly, and after that I made a backup copy of my sysNAND and formatted emuNAND on the SD Card (after saving the sysNAND copy on my pc). After that, I formatted my sysNAND to unlink it from emuNAND, and injected my old sysNAND into my emuNAND. It perfectly recognized it as 9.2, and after this passage, I upgraded the emuNAND to 9.4.
GW is working perfectly fine, and also installing .cia files w/ bigbluemenu is very easy. I had many downloaded software from eshop on my 3DS, and all of them work on emuNAND without any problem. I also managed to update some games (SSB and Pokèmon). I managed to access to the E-shop without problems: injecting the sysNAND data into the emuNAND made NNID access work perfectly.
I am very satisfied with all this. I thought this stuff would never be possible for 9.2 users.
Let's hope that the New 3ds doesn't get too many exclusive games like Xenoblade.
A special "thank you" to all the community for the useful and very complete FAQ and tutorials! ;)

Reactions: thorasgar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay