Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The "offline solution" will be the downgrade.
Which may not be compatible with all 3DS as mine didn't exactly come with such firmware,
The wii is the greatest example I can gove. Future WII hardware couldn't downgrade to 4.2 because it did not have a 4.2 to downgrade with. Basically, it bricks your console.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What if you turn off your 3ds and you don't have internet to run the exploit again??
Well, you don't actually neeeeeed internet and browser, just print the QR Code posted few pages ago (and in the very first pages as well) and carry it with you on your wallet of your travelling 3DS case...

Scan it and voilá :P
It's simple and I guess no one mentioned it already (I may be wrong since I didn't read all of the pages... still catching up)

Cheers!

The QR code just opens the GW exploit page.

escherbach

Trophies
XP
Country
Lemme get this straight, not only is the Gateway using a web exploit, but you have to run it every time you want to enter Gateway Mode? Laaaaaaame :creep:

Yup - and looks like this is a PR stunt to redeeem garyopa's reputation "When I say they're gonna release shit then shit will be released" (spoof quote of garyopa for the stupid)

When he updates us about the ADVERTISED downgrade to 4.5 firmware capability, and bullshit about the new 3DS support do take notice

Thomas12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have faith man. Tomorrow most likely we will see the downgrade files, and tutorials and all that. If not, then probably sunday. Then after that we will see the n3ds, not sure when though...

Yes have faith guys. It only took about 1.5 months to get a half finished product, therefore to get a full product we just have to wait 1 more week

Reactions: sparrowreal

Aymericard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since I have emunand, the exploit directly runs Gateway mode after I go to the website, without asking me for a choice, is this normal ?

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dunno if it has already been said but Gateway now supports the last save encryption.

When you load a game on played on official 9.x on classic mode, saves are now recognized, contrary to 4.5 exploit.

Since I have emunand, the exploit directly runs Gateway mode, is this normal ?

Yeah. If you want the menu, hold L when you launch the webpage.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup - and looks like this is a PR stunt to redeeem garyopa's reputation "When I say they're gonna release shit then shit will be released" (spoof quote of garyopa for the stupid)

When he updates us about the ADVERTISED downgrade to 4.5 firmware capability, and bullshit about the new 3DS support do take notice

Lol, implying Gary OPA has a reputation in the first place :creep: Seriously though, downgrading is one hell of a feature to have and would open up many more doors for new and current users alike.

They're also releasing an easy to use downgrade solution for everyone, even if you didn't buy a Gateway. I don't think that's lame... Quite
awesome in fact.

Wait, what the hell?? How does that work?? :blink:

Reactions: VinsCool

f0xdude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logo_banner1a-png.14037

zo2eH.jpg
zo2eH.jpg

Instead of going to the browser and typing the link, just open your camera (R + L) and select the QR code box, and aim at this :

GatewayQR.png

It is exatly the same thing, just quicker.

thanks to Apache thunder for the method

If you have any question, visit the FAQ thread.

Whenever i get to the gateway menu and put in boot gateway mode it crashes. also can i do this with no internet connection?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
They're also releasing an easy to use downgrade solution for everyone, even if you didn't buy a Gateway. I don't think that's lame... Quite awesome in fact.
oh, don't mind him, he just like to complain a lot.....im sure we all know someone like that :P
Me:- "here you go fred a free car"
Fred:- "you could of filled the petrol up in it....guess ill have to go do that now:glare: "

inuyasha555

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whenever i get to the gateway menu and put in boot gateway mode it crashes. also can i do this with no internet connection?

Terrible guide.

Turn off wifi.
Open internet browser.
Delete history and cookies.
Open camera.
Turn on wifi.
Scan QR code.

You can't do it without internet, wait until the downgrade packages are released so you can use the old method from 4.5.

Reactions: the_randomizer

bobmcjr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone figured out how to restore a sysnand dump? Don't see a launcher option, and supposedly it's supported.

Vickyle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So after reading all this, alot of people are asking many questions, we have posted up an nice guide, thanks to SonyUSA that helps you thru the current basic PayLoad Dragon steps that have been released, but there is still two more stages coming out soon for this Gateway v3.0 Ultra Series release, and here is the full breakdown:

gateway30.jpg

#3:- PayLoad Dragon -- You Have This Already!

Currently, this is OPEN BETA, your valued feedback over the next few days will improve this, and will help make our work on final two stages of the Dragon Rocket Assembly go much better and smoother and faster. Thanks! :)

#2:- Downgrade Packs -- To Be Added Shortly!

Links will appear for those very very soon, in the meantime learn how the new exploit works and enjoy it!

#1:- New 3DS Support -- A Work In Progress!

Don't worry, this will be coming soon, more tests are being completed and with news of 3DS EU launch, those units have been ordered and shipped to our private beta testers (Don't ask how to get on the list), and guides are being worked on, and the final system will be bit different then the current Dragon Beta for Classic 3DS. :)

gatewait30.jpg

So Please Stay Tuned for more info, and notes, and videos, over the next few coming days, as we again go back to better planned and nicer launch countdowns for the New 3DS Support, but it is coming SOON! < It Really Is!
Isn't it suppose to go from 1s stage to 2nd to final? It's happening backward right now. New technology :X

Reactions: henn64

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You don't really need to have internet disabled before starting the tutorial. Even if an update is downloaded, just format the sysnand (remove the SD card then format the 3DS without the SD card, same way used to separate sysnand from emunand), and you won't lose your emunand.

Downgrading is a bit less interesting now, in my opinion, as the 4.5 version don't support new saves encryption, when 9.x one does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Veho, where's the poll at?
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    they're giving the internet an open text box?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I never played or own any of they devices, but I like small style, but with a somewhat grip
    oh man, that always goes great!
    im sure half the responses won't be literal racial slurs or "drop table" jokes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Look, it's China. They know what it's like when you give a poll to half a billion trolls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much dollar do you think it is?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    ONE MILLION DOLLA
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I know the pricing of electronics nowadays isn't "how much it actually costs" but "how much we can get away with", but putting up a poll is just cynical.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably $150 someone said Anbernic said around the same price as rg556
    you know which game i wish they would rerelease
    sonic unleashed
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make it a happy meal toy
    that game's engine is really fucking intensive so it runs like literal shit on xbox 360 and ps3
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah I'm getting value creep again. I look at a $50 console "but for just a few more dollars you could get XYZ" and I end up considering the Steam Deck.
    like the lighting in that game was genuinely so good
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not getting dragged into that again.
    i dont get why they didn't port the one game that ran the worst on consoles, to pc
    like you port everything to pc except the one game where it would make the most sense. why. what do you gain from this
    is sega just personally fucking with me? are they laughing while watching me through my kinect camera as i get up to restart my xbox for the third time because the game froze again
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Buy handhelds from five below better quality
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Valve probably going to do another refresh of the deck this fall with rog ally like specs tbh
  • Veho @ Veho:
    A smaller form factor would be nice too.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A shield portable 2 would be nice aye Nvidia +1