Hacking GameTDB - game information database + covers

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi to everyone!
i'm trying to modify/update the plugin-data files used by wiiflow. they are xml files made on the basis of wiitdb.xml.
i'm using several tools to validate my work but all require the wiitdb.xsd schema file.
has anybody this wiitdb.xsd file or is available to download somewhere?
thanks, spinoman.

spinoman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Last edited by spinoman,
Reactions: matt!

fernan1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: signed up and made the entry, and submitted a front cover image for review: https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/G3EJB0

Also found that an alternative ID for this game had an existing entry: https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/G3EJ51

Original post:
I would like to report the following title as currently missing entry as well as covers on the Database:

Game ID: G3EJB0
Game title: XGIII Extreme G Racing
Alternative game titles: XG3 Extreme R Racing, エクストリームG3
Region: Japan/NTSC-J

This is the Japanese release of https://www.gametdb.com/Wii/G3EE51

Google's Art & Culture does have an entry for it with a scan of the cover: https://artsandculture.google.com/a...cing-japanese-edition-nintendo/VQHEB9fdYvOESQ

T86-DbW0Xqw2DMbFM2Ryh_8UX5NJP1PcJxjICXGWLxewO6okldLZFe32m7l71X49=s1200

Last edited by fernan1234,

jackrabbit72380

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love that GameTDB is available for our favorite software: I am a graphic designer working with Ant on CemuGUI & we use GameTDB for our covers & We are looking to expand CemuGUI for other emulators! I would like to officially request that you open the site up to allow users to upload custom covers & expand past Nintendo & add at least Xbox & Xbox360 cover selections at min. & to make it easier to submit covers from the Home page. I would also request a new HQ size of around 3239x2175 for higher clarity on everyone's new HD screens & an option for .jpg for faster downloading and lower filesize. I want to strongly recommend you support jpg and png images fingers crossed you hear my cry! We need this!

Last edited by jackrabbit72380,
D

Deleted User

I wrote a discord bot in python that scrapes metadata from GameTDB.com. It's hosted on replit.com here
here is some info about it.

GameTDB-400.png

gCcNpiE.png

GameTDB-Bot
Search for Game Cover art and OST's with the GameTDB-Bot! Use the prefix `game` with one or multiple search terms, use an optional 'console' term, 'results page number', and the GameTDB-Bot does the heavy lifting!

Use
`game {console} {search term}_{second term} {results page no.}`

Minimal Use
`game {console} {search term}`

Help
`gtdb` for help!

Invite
https://discord.com/api/oauth2/auth...2967586906193&permissions=268815424&scope=bot
Note: Not an official GameTDB or Khinsider Discord Bot.

Thanks!

Last edited by ,

h2befjon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I am making Nintendo Switch game covers for myself and need some help finding good-quality logos. I need the following:

The red hand, WARNING: IF YOU HAVE EPILEPSY.... I need this in English, English/Spanish, and English/French

The black Play Mode bar, I need this in English/French

The WARNING: Cancer and reproductive harm logo... I need this in English/French

The IMPORTANT! Read the Nintendo Switch health... I need this in English/French

The ABC Basic reading ability is needed... I need this in English/French and English/Spanish

The Nintendo Switch Pro Controller... I need this in English/French

I appreciate any help you all can provide me.

Thank you!

Adudewholikesgames

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I can’t seem to find some of the games anywhere online that’s from the gametdb list. I don’t know what websites there are to get them. Or if I can just download the game by typing in the Title ID.

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've uploaded some full covers that worked fine. But I can't upload the full cover to RT9P52 for some reason. Here is a link to it, would someone else please try and upload it for me?

Update - Link removed because it's uploaded now, so no need for anyone else to do it. Many thanks.

Last edited by fandango,

r0bster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi, id like to download all hq full covers available for gamecube to use it with wiiflow...cant find anything on the website...the packs i found are not dull covers and low quality...can you help?

sp3off

GBATemp's least active boy
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's nice to see how GameTDB evolved. I remember adding and uploading tons of PS3 covers and adding metadata. I have a few Switch games myself, but I think those are too popular to even need further additions from me lol.

Long live GameTDB !

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It seems, for several German DS games, that some artworks do not actually exist under the `DE` endpoint in art.gametdb.com.

Both `.png` and `.jpg` were tested, neither had results, however they appeared in the `EN` endpoint.

Example:
Was there a particular reasoning as to why select games would be under the wrong region? These seem to be at random with some games being under the correct region and some games not being so.

For my use case, under the YANBF NDS forwarder generator, because artworks are under the wrong region, and I search assuming the correct region, some artworks can't be found. I suppose I could abuse curl on all languages to get the right artwork but that is definitely not efficient and I do not wish to spam the GameTDB servers this way.

Could this be checked on, please?

Last edited by lifehackerhansol,

zorglub07

OP
Trophies
Website
gametdb.com
XP
Country
France
Hi, it can happen for IDs with a single country region code like D,F,I,S,H. For the region code D the default cover region used to be "DE", but since "EN" is used as the default cover region for European games in the database (when there is only a single "EUR" version of the cover) using the default category "EN" for these German-only IDs simplifies things a bit. It allows the default covers to be found by programs that don't check the region code.

Thanks for being gentle it's much appreciated. It's OK to try to get a DE picture first then fall back to EN, especially with the P region code, so that a German user can get the German artwork in priority or the English version if the German version is not available or doesn't exist. It's meant to be used like that, no worries.

Please don't hesitate to use the contact form on the site to discuss it, I often miss notifications from this thread.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Honestly, after like 100Mbps unless you have more than a couple of people in your house it...