Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
price.jpg
>>>US DOLLARS.

What's in the box

A Nintendo 3DS pre-loaded with a variety of built-in games, applications and features
SD memory slot with 2GB SD card
Built-in Nintendo 3DS Camera for taking 3D pictures
Telescoping stylus that's stored in the unit itself
Six Augmented Reality (AR) Cards

http://www.gamestop.com/3ds

Kurossaki652

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So when I go to Gamestop I have to pay $250 then when I go there on the 27th I can just get it and go??
Is that how mch just to pre-order
Can't I pay like 50$ then pay for the rest when it comes out?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kurossaki652 said:
So when I go to Gamestop I have to pay $250 then when I go there on the 27th I can just get it and go??
Is that how mch just to pre-order
Can't I pay like 50$ then pay for the rest when it comes out?
That what they told me, yes.

xakota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I put $50 down to reserve mine weeks ago and have been making weekly payments of $25 until launch.

B

ball2012003

You pay $50 to preorder at the store and $249.99 online. $50 is the minimum for the store but you could put more if you have the money.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While, yes, you only need to put down $50, if you don't put down the full $250 before launch, you're not guaranteed your unit. If your GameStop sells out of extra 3DS's, they'll start selling the ones that don't have the full amount pre-paid.

If you don't live in a major city, and intend on hitting up the midnight launch (if there is one), it shouldn't be of much concern to you.

Kayouu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^^^ SAME WITH ME ^^^^
They wont get rid of the 3ds if its a 'pre-ordered' thats part of Gamestops distribution findings of how many systems each store needs.

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
TehSkull said:
While, yes, you only need to put down $50, if you don't put down the full $250 before launch, you're not guaranteed your unit. If your GameStop sells out of extra 3DS's, they'll start selling the ones that don't have the full amount pre-paid.

If you don't live in a major city, and intend on hitting up the midnight launch (if there is one), it shouldn't be of much concern to you.
Are you sure about that TehSkull? It says on the receipt that you have 48 hours after release to pay and pick up your system. There's no exclusion mentioned to those who put down less than full price to not get the 48 hour grace period.

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snailface said:
TehSkull said:

Are you sure about that TehSkull? It says on the receipt that you have 48 hours after release to pay and pick up your system. There's no exclusion mentioned to those who put down less than full price to not get the 48 hour grace period.
My dad witnessed it first-hand when Kingdom Hearts 2 came out. (He picked it up for me.) We got our pre-order copy since we paid in full, and the people who didn't were pretty pissed.

I'm not sure if it has changed since 2006, lol, but I certainly wouldn't risk it.

Just put down the rest of your money on the 25th or something. It'll smooth things over for when you pick it up too. Walk in, show card, receive 3DS, walk out.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i would pay it off but im not paying for it. my friend is lending me the money and we were going to go pick them up and he is paying it then
i was told a week
and i am going to pick it up launch day(or midnight) so it shouldn't be a problem
once they run out of the set aside ones, the lines will go away and we will just walk in and out.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gonna go to my store tommorow to find out how they plan on distributing them. I'd HOPE that they get enough to cover all the reserves, but seeing as they started before it was even priced kinda scares me.

Might pay of my reserve there, then throw one down at Target's or Best Buy. (We have some pretty isolated locations here)

kyomagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
see what you guys dont understand is this. I have a friend who is a store manager going in to the district manager position. Heres how he explained it.

"we do pre orders until march 10th or until we, as a company, run out, then the code is disabled."

He then stated

"the company knows how many we are getting. everyone who pre ordered will get one."

For example, i asked him how many pre orders he had, he said 60, but the mall store kiddy corner had 14, the store RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET had 20, two miles up had 26 and the store down the road 4 miles had 19. Not every store will have 60 or 70 like his does.

Another clue that retailers know how many their getting is walmart, they completely stopped taking pre orders for the thing online.

Yet another is kmart, they stopped pre orders for the black 3ds but not the blue.

I did some numbers, USA is getting rougly 1.75 mil - 2mil units. Divided that up by 20000 retailers and thats about 80+ systems per store MINIMUM. unless your store has 80+ pre orders, i would not worry.

I keep getting the same answer (even got a email from corp) If you preorder and go to the release, you will get one.

Also, THERE IS NO PRE ORDER PRIORITY LIST! this is confirmed by several GS in my area. if your store gets 50 systems, and you were the very first to pre order, but when the release day rolls around and your 55 in a line of pre orders, your not getting one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...