Gamers start campaign to end Wii U/3DS region locking.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 16,986
  • Replies 186
  • Likes 15

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There is a simple reason why Nintendo won't ditch region locking. Xbox One and PS4 aren't released yet, Wii U and 3DS are. Removing the region lock would make all region lock references in the manuals and packaging invalid and misleading.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is a simple reason why Nintendo won't ditch region locking. Xbox One and PS4 aren't released yet, Wii U and 3DS are. Removing the region lock would make all region lock references in the manuals and packaging invalid and misleading.

That's still a lame excuse.

Reactions: Nxenz

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Still a stupid reason/excuse to do it. Why the hell didn't they do it to the DS? So far no one has told me why. Sorry, I don't care what half-a$$ed excuse they have for doing it; it's inefficacious, it's inconvenient, and if I'm reading it right, somehow Microsoft and Sony doing it is different than how Nintendo has parental controls and different regional regulation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: because he legit gets annoyed when someone says irregardless